• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,272 posts in this topic

There are 7 blue 9.8's and 5 yellow 9.8's. They don't come up too often (last time one sold in public was 2013) but yea a crazy high price. Previous sales were 30-50 bucks. I guess two people just REALLY wanted the book.

There are 7 blue 9.8's and 5 yellow 9.8's. They don't come up too often (last time one sold in public was 2013) but yea a crazy high price. Previous sales were 30-50 bucks. I guess two people just REALLY wanted the book.

Those census numbers are pretty high for mid-run volume 1 books.

3 Bidders...though one dropped out very early.

I don't get it. My gut reaction tells me it's price manipulation, but I've got nothing to back that up. Mysterious. (shrug) If it is legitimate, congrats to the buyer!

I don't get it. My gut reaction tells me it's price manipulation, but I've got nothing to back that up. Mysterious. (shrug) If it is legitimate, congrats to the buyer!

If you look at the full bid data (including automatic bids) it doesn't look like price manipulation. 441 (the winner) and 41 went at it in "large" increments (10+ dollars at a time) in terms of auto bids near the end. Usually a shiller slow walks the price up in small amounts (a dollar or two at a time)

My gut tells me two people who wanted a 9.8 bid really hard at it.

If you look at the full bid data (including automatic bids) it doesn't look like price manipulation. 441 (the winner) and 41 went at it in "large" increments (10+ dollars at a time) in terms of auto bids near the end. Usually a shiller slow walks the price up in small amounts (a dollar or two at a time)

I agree...it definitely doesn't look like typical shill bidding.

I just can't wrap my mind around why this particular issue (though part of a great story with incredible art) would have jumped so high in price all of a sudden. (shrug)

Almost makes me want to list my copies. Almost. :)

I agree...it definitely doesn't look like typical shill bidding.

I just can't wrap my mind around why this particular issue (though part of a great story with incredible art) would have jumped so high in price all of a sudden. (shrug)

Almost makes me want to list my copies. Almost. :)

I was the 41.... I wanted it, realized I was getting outbid, and went my max max (196 and didn't think it was going to go that high) and somehow still lost. Quite honestly I'm surprised how much it went for I figured 100 tops.

in a fit of sadness I then bought the 8.5 Raphael.

Edited by Hurtszick