• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,346 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, Turtle said:

Believe it or not, it was 2016!  :whatthe:  Also, I'll mention that my wife and I discuss your kindness during that last Shellback signing on most of our road trips up to the New England area. 

The quick recap: I was driving up from PA to Maine on the morning of the final Shellback signing before the store closed in 2016.  It was around a 7 hour drive and when I got to about 45 minutes from the signing, my car breaks down.  After a few texts, @nriccijr abandons his primo spot in line (he may have been first...at least in the first 5) to come pick me up at the mechanic where I towed my car.  We go to the signing and we're WAY back in line.  It's a limit of 2 per person but you can go through the line as many times as you can before the signing is over.  We finished our first lap and we're asked to cap the line when we get to the back.  As we were the final people in line when we get back to the table, Peter did some great sketches for us.  That was a very kind thing you did for me buddy.  I'll never forget it.  :foryou:

ANYWAY, the signing this weekend was completely by surprise so I didn't really come prepared as Steve Lavigne was the only Mirage artist scheduled to be in attendance.  I had heard all weekend that Peter may show up, but he wasn't committing to anything.  He did show up on the final day of the show.  He was limiting signatures to 2 per person, but that got reduced to 1 per person after about 90 minutes or so just so they could try and get through the line.  Every signature I saw came with a sketch that is more detailed than his standard turtle face.  Most had neck, shell, and flowy bandana.  While his hand was moving a little slower than it did back during those Shellback signings, I'll say that he was in very good spirits.  He was posing with people for pictures and shaking hands with fans.  I told him that if he ever felt like finishing Volume 4, I'd definitely be onboard.  He said, "Well, that's 1 sale".  lol

I was able to pick up a TMNT Compendium book for him to sign (pictured).  With any luck, I'll get it signed by Kevin at the RICC later this year.  In any case, it was a real pleasure to see Peter Laird again.  This appearance gives me hope that we'll see him at a show or two next year during the TMNT's 40th anniversary. 

IMG_3738.thumb.jpg.e7e361ace8b1b84f4c3b9fe08b468cb7.jpg

If you want, send it to me, I'm seeing Kev at NYCC next month.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, jaybuck43 said:

If you want, send it to me, I'm seeing Kev at NYCC next month.

Much appreciated!  (worship)  That's incredibly nice, but I wouldn't do that to you for a couple of reasons. 

First, I'll be going to NYCC myself...at least for Friday.  Maybe I'll see you there.

Second, the book is a staggering 832 pages!  :whatthe:  Way too heavy to schlep around at a show like NYCC.  For NYCC, I bus in, walk the show, and bus out on the same day.  I only get signed what I can carry so I think I'll be leaving this cinder block at home for that one.

Instead, Kevin is scheduled to be at the Rhode Island Comic Con in November.  I think that one seems like a far more reasonable setting to get the book signed. 

But again, I appreciate the offer!

On 9/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, Turtle said:

IMG_3738.thumb.jpg.e7e361ace8b1b84f4c3b9fe08b468cb7.jpg

For someone like me that collects games as much as comics its fun to see an established comic artist like Lavigne using his NES box art as the foremost image he uses to promote himself.

A bit strange that the big "pizza offer brick" from the 'first print' of the game box is there but without the pizza offer text.   I'm surprised he didn't use the 'second print - no pizza offer' art that has the brick removed altogether so that Donatello can be seen.    Perhaps he didn't have a clean source for it. 

O fun fact, I am going to a wrestling signature show next Saturday.  Kevin Nash will be there, who played Super Shredder in Secret of the Ooze. I am bringing my Super Shredder poster from Starmakers (1991) for him to sign (As well as my WCW and WWF championship belts).  If anyone wants anything signed by him, PM me and I can work it out.  

On 10/4/2023 at 5:21 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

If I close my eyes and really think about it, I can almost taste these again - I don't know how many of these I ate as a kid, but it was a lot.

Me as well, can remember the gel like consistency with the dough. We still have those apple pie types of those at a nearby fast food, but tmnt was still unique, it was basically like eating an over filled doughnut.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:37 AM, jaybuck43 said:

O fun fact, I am going to a wrestling signature show next Saturday.  Kevin Nash will be there, who played Super Shredder in Secret of the Ooze. I am bringing my Super Shredder poster from Starmakers (1991) for him to sign (As well as my WCW and WWF championship belts).  If anyone wants anything signed by him, PM me and I can work it out.  

Did you see Nash? I should have hit you up. Any pics? 

Yes I saw Nash, had him sign my WCW Big Gold Belt and WWF Winged Eagle.  He told me he apparently loves the Turtles because he makes a fortune off of selling their stuff signed by him.  

On 10/5/2023 at 4:09 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Yes I saw Nash, had him sign my WCW Big Gold Belt and WWF Winged Eagle.  He told me he apparently loves the Turtles because he makes a fortune off of selling their stuff signed by him.  

Very cool. We should try a boards 1st Turtle meet up at NYCC. I’ve met @Turtle and @PeasOfCrap, and think they’re going, and it would be nice to say hi again and meet others.

Of course, I know we are all getting signatures and will be busy, but it would be awesome. I’m definitely going on Saturday. When is everybody going? 

On 10/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, SpideyFein said:

Very cool. We should try a boards 1st Turtle meet up at NYCC. I’ve met @Turtle and @PeasOfCrap, and think they’re going, and it would be nice to say hi again and meet others.

Of course, I know we are all getting signatures and will be busy, but it would be awesome. I’m definitely going on Saturday. When is everybody going? 

I'm there Friday only.  I'll be all over the place if anyone wants to come find me. 

On 10/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, SpideyFein said:

Yo!  I’ll see you there for the annual deep talk session.  I’ll be there all four daze.  Let’s grab a beer dude.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:35 AM, rich_TMNT said:

I'll be exhibiting the TMNT #1 Negatives at Jetpack Comics on Nov. 1. If you haven't seen them in person yet, definitely try to make it. They are amazing pieces of TMNT history. 

https://jetpackcomics.com/2023/10/05/join-us-at-the-megastore-on-11-1-from-1-7-pm-for-a-unique-tmnt-event/

image.png.ed952e5c9f6f3a65b8a32b713c65f943.png 

Hi Rich, I would love to make this but it would be impossible to do with work mid-week. Thanks for doing it again though. Please post some pictures and maybe a quick video :wishluck: if you can afterwards! I love the description btw! 

On 10/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, SpideyFein said:

Hi Rich, I would love to make this but it would be impossible to do with work mid-week. Thanks for doing it again though. Please post some pictures and maybe a quick video :wishluck: if you can afterwards! I love the description btw! 

Yes, the mid-week date might make it a bit tricky for many. But it was the only date we could make work.  I'll definitely have pictures to share.  And, there might just be a neato documentary piece in the near future about the negatives if all goes according to plan.