• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,325 posts in this topic

finally got my Eastman sketch from DCBS... love the sketch... less than thrilled with condition at around VF+. The back of the book is what kills it... it might press out, but I think I'm probably just going to leave it in a mylar instead of worrying about it.

If the condition of the book bothers you I would always be willing to buy it from you. :)

Ok. Not comic related, but definitely TMNT related, and definitely art. I wanted to share the newest member of my collection with you guys:

This is one of the stop motion puppets from a commercial produced by Will Vinton's Studio (California Raisin's, PJ's, Moonwalker, etc) for a snack product called "Pizza Crunchabungas". Will Vinton is a stop motion animation LEGEND, and to be able to obtain ANY of the work from his studio, let alone a Turtle... It takes my breath away.

He isn't in-hand yet. Lots more pictures when he arrives.

Crunchabungas.jpg

Here is a link to the commercial:

That is AWESOME!!

So, here are my two new pieces from Jim Lawson. This is the first time I have purchased a commission from Jim and I am a pretty happy camper. :tcool: He was super quick, great with emails, and the art looks even better in person. The Duo-Tones really don't pop as nice on the computer as they do in person. They almost have a ''copper'' tone to them. Enjoy.

''RTNY'' Leonardo

34njjw3.png

And a normal Leonardo. :tgrin:

15xlhky.jpg

And here is an older Dooney commission I got a few years back that I don't think I've posted before. Sorry for the crappy pic.

28i2q76.jpg

those look great, congrats!!

And I'll second your comments about Jim... I've only had a handful of commissions done, but he was definitely one of my favorite artists with whom I've dealt. Not only super quick and super nice, he really seems to care about the work he does. Good stuff. :)

those look great, congrats!!

And I'll second your comments about Jim... I've only had a handful of commissions done, but he was definitely one of my favorite artists with whom I've dealt. Not only super quick and super nice, he really seems to care about the work he does. Good stuff. :)

Thanks. Yeah, Jim really does have a love for the turtles that I don't think even Peter or Kevin has. Sad to say for their creators. But Jim is da man.

Both off getting graded.

From WonderCon. Leonardo by Stan Sakai, Raph by Ethan Nicolle of Axe Cop (and idw tmnt #9 variant).

Come SDCC they will be joined by Mikey from Rob Guillory (CHEW) and Don from Dave Petersen (Mouseguard)

IMAG0667.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0667.jpg

LOVE IT! (worship)

And Danny, your Gobbledygook pieces are great, but I'm even more drawn to your page from TMNT #10. Such a good issue! :cloud9:

And Danny, your Gobbledygook pieces are great, but I'm even more drawn to your page from TMNT #10. Such a good issue! :cloud9:

Thanks man! Yep, #10 was a huge issue and my favorite all-time. So finally landing a page, and one that includes battling the foot in April's store...well, I'm :cloud9:

Thanks man! Yep, #10 was a huge issue and my favorite all-time. So finally landing a page, and one that includes battling the foot in April's store...well, I'm :cloud9:

When you tire of looking at it send it my way kind sir.