• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

It was a big sales thread with a few people buying and he has been on here 5 years, in way of not replying to PMs there is no excuse as he has been on the board posting so he must have seen them

For me the main issue is the lack of communication, add in the fact the seller seems reluctant to supply the tracking number. It's not a good advertistment for the seller in my book - hope it all works out ok :wishluck:

I've sold lots of comics to overseas and occasionally one will take a long time to get there. As everyone has said, communication is key.

I've worked out who the seller is and I know pretty much nothing about them. The best thing to do is to make sure that you know exactly when you lose the option to start a paypal dispute and make sure that you open one the day before that option runs out, the dispute can always be cancelled if the book turns up. I find the lack of replies and excuses against providing a tracking number to be a worry.

The best thing to do is to make sure that you know exactly when you lose the option to start a paypal dispute and make sure that you open one the day before that option runs out, the dispute can always be cancelled if the book turns up. I find the lack of replies and excuses against providing a tracking number to be a worry.

This.

His relectance to supply a tracking number isnt good. Personally i would pester him every week for a tracking number until he gives you one.

I would like to ask a seperate question as im sending a comic to the US. Im using FedEx who only insure for a value of upto $1000. What do other UK boardies do when sending comics over $1000 to the US. Do you take out seperate insurance policies and if so who do you use.

It's a difficult one, The lateness isn't an issue but the poor comms is. I would give him the benifit of the doubt till nearer the Paypal dispute deadline and then claim hoping for the best.

Can you get a moderator involved to see if he can solicit a response?

Mods don't get involved in board transactions.

I would like to ask a seperate question as im sending a comic to the US. Im using FedEx who only insure for a value of upto $1000. What do other UK boardies do when sending comics over $1000 to the US. Do you take out seperate insurance policies and if so who do you use.

There is actually a thread on the Comics General forum on this very subject, which has a couple of recommendations in - maybe PM Mike for more details?

Insurance thread

One thing these guys haven't considered (for obvious reasons) is what options Royal Mail might have - you should check that out too if you haven't already.

Adam

There is actually a thread on the Comics General forum on this very subject, which has a couple of recommendations in - maybe PM Mike for more details?

Insurance thread

One thing these guys haven't considered (for obvious reasons) is what options Royal Mail might have - you should check that out too if you haven't already.

Adam

Thanks but this is all within the US. I want to know what UK collectors/dealers do when shipping expensive items from the UK to the US. (shrug)

Insurance thread

Adam

Thanks but this is all within the US. I want to know what UK collectors/dealers do when shipping expensive items from the UK to the US. (shrug)

Your best bet is to PM the Flaming_Telepathy. He moves high grade comics all the time.

Insurance thread

Adam

Yes, fair enough - I had thought (without looking) that the website Mike recommended might deal worldwide, not just in the US. But looks like not. Sorry.

Insurance thread

Adam

Royal Mail Airsure will insure upto £500 and Parcel Force will insure upto £2500.

once again this person has been online as he has posted, so he must have seen my PM's, so i sent another one

"right i know you have been online as you have posted and you could have gave me my tracking number, i am giving you 24 hours till i make your name public by failing to give me my information, and i will post it also on your sales thread as there is no need for not giving me what i need."

is this wrong of me as i dont want to break any rules that maybe about on the boards for this

I think you should consider what your response will be if he says:

"I've lost it, I didn't reply to you because I don't have an update and don't threaten me"

I don't think you've done anything wrong, but honestly, at this point I'm not sure what good naming and shaming does you. Either your item has been posted, in which case this won't speed it up, or it hasn't, in which case... this won't speed it up. Given that he's been on the boards for a while a scam seems highly unlikely.

Presumably you will think twice about buying from the guy again anyway.

I do think the lack of comms is poor service by the seller, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions. It may just be that he sent by a slow method and in a couple of days you'll have your book.

Well I had a quick response this time, thinks it's in his car and will look tomorrow, after 2 weeks of asking its just not good enough, need to stop my rantings lol

No response, no response and now it's 'in my car'. :o That's effing - sorry, but that is very poor service. - you rant away!!

Well I had a quick response this time, thinks it's in his car and will look tomorrow, after 2 weeks of asking its just not good enough, need to stop my rantings lol

No response, no response and now it's 'in my car'. :o That's effing - sorry, but that is very poor service. - you rant away!!

Yeah, it is poor service.

Are you going to post in his kudos thread? I've seen a lot of chat about negging eBay sellers as a "service to the community" - i.e. if you keep it to yourself, other people might be disadvantaged. Would be interesting to see if people thought that applied to feedback on these boards as well.

Given how brutal this place can be to any kind of perceived shady selling behaviour, you'd think it would be a no brainer to just ship stuff in a timely manner.

You have to be a bit of a to do stuff like this, because the likely reaction is pretty obvious and your reputation is going to be blown afterwards. I don't get it. :facepalm: