• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

CL is all about the money. (surprise surprise).

the holders should be allowed to defend the title but not at the expense of another team.Spurs have been punished to the tune of a few million quid through no fault of their own.

The numpties at UEFA should find a better way of accommodating winners who finish outside the top four.

Much preferred it as a knock-out cup but then I preferred the old football league to the premier league and it's bloated arrogant stars like Terry :preach:

right guys, when you lot have bought comics from someone on here thats in the USA how long does it normally take to ship over?? my 1st purchase in the sales thread and he said he sent it 3 weeks ago, last week he said wait another week but i have asked 3 times for tracking number and now he hasnt replied, really hope i have not been burnt

I normally expect to wait two weeks. Three weeks and I'd definitely be starting to worry. Worst of all though is the lack of response to your requests for tracking info.

I agree with Phil, any parcel can be delayed in the post but it's the lack of response to the tracking number request that's the worry. I think you should PM the seller saying only "the parcel is taking longer than expected, please provide me with the tracking number immediately so that I can see what is happening with it".

If he avoids answering the question this time then maybe you should start considering getting your money back. Is it a newbie on the boards that you've purchased from?

right guys, when you lot have bought comics from someone on here thats in the USA how long does it normally take to ship over?? my 1st purchase in the sales thread and he said he sent it 3 weeks ago, last week he said wait another week but i have asked 3 times for tracking number and now he hasnt replied, really hope i have not been burnt

Sounds dodgy.

This is his new excuse

I'll see if I can dig it up.

I have alot of receipts I need to sort through.

I'm sure it will arrive shortly.

Sent you a pm comicpolis as I don't like going name and shame just yet

it was around £110, included a Cap 100 that was a good price that im after

Not trying to defend the seller, but I have had items from the USA take from one week to a month to arrive and these have been from the same seller. However, if the seller is not responding to you then that's an issue.

I hope the comic arrives or you get resolution.

Cheers,

it was around £110, included a Cap 100 that was a good price that im after

Not trying to defend the seller, but I have had items from the USA take from one week to a month to arrive and these have been from the same seller. However, if the seller is not responding to you then that's an issue.

I hope the comic arrives or you get resolution.

Cheers,

It depends on the method of shipping they used as well (i.e. First Class v International Priority) - there can be quite a wide disparity in delivery times.

I wouldn't be worrying at this stage about the time - but like the others I agree that lack of communication is a bit worrying...

In terms of shipping from the US I like others have had books arrive anything from 1 week up and over 1 month. Completely depends on the service they use and what part of the US they are posting from. The US is obviously a big country and all the different states offer different costs and services which effect delivery time.

The non reply to PM's is more the worry but could be a genuine reason for that. Does he have a feedback thread you can check out for previous sales?

Hopefully the book will be with you by the end of the week. If they don't have tracking number the likely hood they used USPS rather than FedEx or ups, that service is cheaper but slow and offers no tracking just a customs receipt.

I shipped something to the USA once via surface mail and it took 3 months to get there.

Just bought something from the States and it got in 2 days.

Think they key thing here is the lack of info from the seller. You hope and pray that everyone selling on forums is legit and just trying to stop lining Feebay's pockets.

Can anyone vouch for him?

Hope it turns out ok though....bad experiences are enough to put you off for life.

It was a big sales thread with a few people buying and he has been on here 5 years, in way of not replying to PMs there is no excuse as he has been on the board posting so he must have seen them