• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

Please respond to comicgrinder's findings.... :makepoint:

(tsk) Danny only responds to what he wants to respond to.

I have no idea what "Danny" does or doesn't respond to, I can only speak for myself. There's 50 people here to answer to, and only one of me, and I can only type so fast and spend so much time wasted here, becaue whatever I do answer is ignored anyway and you all make up your own truths via your own interpretations of your findings.

Anyone else with my track record and committmnt to buyer satisfaction and guarantees would be praised, and not hounded.

That's commitment

20,000,0000,000 served

Just like McDonalds.............and just like those buyers of fast food fries..........the remorse comes the following day when they step on the scale...........or send a book off for restoration checks or grade verification.

You should change your name to the "Satisfier"

I didn't read the last 60 posts, but when I ready this one, it gave me another chuckle.

Thanks for wasting your time defending the indefensible :lol:

He will refund for comics represented as unrestored that come back as restored by CGC - from experience he will have found that this is no longer worth the hassle for the higher end comics as most buyers willl CGC them and then ask for refunds

Refunds for comics represented as unrestored that have been returned purple was not a neccessity. In the past 14 months, 1 comic has been returned for resto. before that, 4 others for that reason, all but one well under $200. In all cases a complete reimbursement was made, the refund + CGC fees + all postage, to an from me and to and from CGC.

In the past 14 months by virtue of my unrestored submission findings, I consider myself on par with the best in the hobby a far as detection and resto disclosure goes.

I wouldn't state this if I thought there was someone who could prove otherwise.

Same exact work ethic as Dupcake and Koos. Dude, do you jack off at night thinking you have the wool over someone's eyes? Why are you such a that you can't just man up and tell everyone who you are. You're not much of a man, Danny. You either get off on it, or you're a big ol' big .

You speak of ethics and morality and then show such disrespect to someone that has been nothing but respectful here?

Smoke my sausage, Danny. :shy:

Your sausage would probably fall right through the grill. Perry :-)

Same exact work ethic as Dupcake and Koos. Dude, do you jack off at night thinking you have the wool over someone's eyes? Why are you such a that you can't just man up and tell everyone who you are. You're not much of a man, Danny. You either get off on it, or you're a big ol' big .

You speak of ethics and morality and then show such disrespect to someone that has been nothing but respectful here?

Are you going to get on a plane and meet him? :popcorn:

I can't kill time like I did yesterday and post endlessly. The time just goes and before you know it, minutes turn into hours. I don't think most here realize just how much time they spend posting. Time that they someday may wish to God that they had back to spend in a different way.

I'm not avoiding anyone or anything, I just can't answer 50 prosecutors from the stand any better than I have been, and I can't kill today too with the posting.

This is why I wasn't being sarcastic when I stated that it was easier for me to simply pull the listings and destroy the books to make sure that nobody will ever get raw books that were once CGCed.

It's not a big deal to me but y'all live and die by CGC, and to you, disagreement with CGC is a crime. I don't see it that way, but I am respectful of your opinions. I have tons of books from original owner collections that I'm ure were never slabbed, I'll deal with them and leave it or someone to tell me that it was once slabbed and if they can provide proof, I'll destroy that too.

That appears to be the right thing to do, oddly enough, though I wouldn't have guessed it before yesterday.

Be back later, if I can find the time and inclination.

See, that's where you are getting it twisted. Most of us don't live and die by CGC standards. There are countless threads by many forum members who have called into question the grading of certain books. However, CGC has proven to be a RELIABLE source for grading. Much more reliable than persons grading on E-bay that tend to overgrade.

So you have disagreed with CGC' grading on occasion? I'm not alone in disagreeing on occassion? That's the first time the option of disagreeing with a CGC grade has been mentioned as a posible option in this thread, isn't it?

That might be OK for you or anyone else here to disagree, but the gist I get from all the posts is that it's absolutely not OK for me to disagree. There seem to be a hypocritical double standard where I'm concerned. I don't appear to be given the option of disagreeing like everyone else in the hoby who chooses to do so.

Ironically, there are those implying that I disagree with every book CGC grades. In truth, I disagree with these three. Three is far from all, isn't it?

lol

I see why people get mad with you, you take an argument and dumb it down. People aren't mad at you for disagreeing with CGC. They are accusing you of disagreeing with CGC and taking the slabs and flipping them for higher prices.

I don't know why you just can't prove to everyone who really are though?

I'm sure that would only help some of the criticism and could actually help your business??

For what reason? A Sausage party?

http://www.cardork.com/fun/board/animGIFs/sausage_party37.gif

Not my thing.

funny thing is, even if I didn't respect the opinion of this many board members, I wouldn't trust this guy just from his two active threads. He doesn't answer certain questions because it's obvious he has no answer for them, he talks in circles, and the contradicts his own statements. Has made my night at work much more enjoyable to see him get his handed to him.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Could it be I'm talking in circles, because I'm answering endless, repetitive circles of questions?

I get done answering a question and I'm asked the same question again and again.

If you don't like the answer, make up the answer. That's what's done anyway, right?

yes you have been asked the same question a few times, but you haven't answered them to satisfaction of thinking adults. I'll state my question again to try and get an answer. If you don't crack slabs, how can you send a label with a CGC grade to an unhappy buyer? and a follow up: How can you prove that label ever belonged to the book in question?

. People aren't mad at you for disagreeing with CGC. They are accusing you of disagreeing with CGC and taking the slabs and flipping them for higher prices.

Aren't there thousands of examples of books that CGC graded one grade, only to return a a higher grade later on?

What is that called? Flipping them for a higher price with a new label? Or is it called something else?

Danny specializes in giving it to people in the , so his fellating skillz are probably lacking.

. People aren't mad at you for disagreeing with CGC. They are accusing you of disagreeing with CGC and taking the slabs and flipping them for higher prices.

Aren't there thousands of examples of books that CGC graded one grade, only to return a a higher grade later on?

What is that called? Flipping them for a higher price with a new label? Or is it called something else?

So that is what you're doing?

funny thing is, even if I didn't respect the opinion of this many board members, I wouldn't trust this guy just from his two active threads. He doesn't answer certain questions because it's obvious he has no answer for them, he talks in circles, and the contradicts his own statements. Has made my night at work much more enjoyable to see him get his handed to him.

Could it be I'm talking in circles, because I'm answering endless, repetitive circles of questions?

I get done answering a question and I'm asked the same question again and again.

If you don't like the answer, make up the answer. That's what's done anyway, right?

yes you have been asked the same question a few times, but you haven't answered them to satisfaction of thinking adults. I'll state my question again to try and get an answer. If you don't crack slabs, how can you send a label with a CGC grade to an unhappy buyer? and a follow up: How can you prove that label ever belonged to the book in question?

Did you read the entire AS #37 explanation? The comic was once slabbed 9.2. I sold it as a raw NM-/NM, meaning a high end NM- with characteristics of a NM but not quite a NM. When I bought the book, it had the label with it. Since I graded it the same that CGC did (was in agreement on the grade), I felt no reason to mention that CGC graded it NM- as I couldn't prove it since it was no longer slabbed.

The buyer didn't believe me when I told him and then he might of because he negged me, "cracks CGC books to sell at higher grades", wich is exactly what he told me he read on this forum and as he put it, he was out to do the most harm posible to my rep.

But I was vindicated on this book when the second chance buyer bought and submitted it for a 9.4! First time it CGCed 9.2, the second time a 9.4. Not unusual at all. I till think it's not a 9.4, only a 9.2 but as we have said here, who am I to disagree.

So my negative was for selling him a $700 book for slightly under $400 that later graded 9.4! he told me that CGC wouldn't grade it 7.5! I statet that was hardly true as CGC had already once graded it 9.2 and I attached the label to an email.

Even though my raw listing for the book bought raw was the same as CGCs, NM-, he negged me for "cracking out and selling at a higher grade", with the intention of getting back at me for some ill that I still can't fathom as I was nothing but good to him.

ok so you state that you got the book unslabbed with a label. I'll accept you at your word for that. Now how can you trust that the label was for that book and you weren't lied to in the first place and was just given a good copy so that it wasn't an obvious lie?

my concern isn't ofver the neg feedback, it's over you statements

So that is what you're doing?

I call it taking two NM books that were for some mysterius reason horribly undergraded, one of which was graded 9.2 the first time by CGC out of the holders and offering them for waht they are. Gorgeous, problem free NM books. You an ee the scans clearly. What about those two books looks 7.0 and 7.5 to you?

I call it disagreeing with a CGC finding on two items. make that thre if you include the horrendous AS #44 in CGC 8.0.

Did you read the entire AS #37 explanation? The comic was once slabbed 9.2. I sold it as a raw NM-/NM, meaning a high end NM- with characteristics of a NM but not quite a NM. When I bought the book, it had the label with it. Since I graded it the same that CGC did (was in agreement on the grade), I felt no reason to mention that CGC graded it NM- as I couldn't prove it since it was no longer slabbed.

The buyer didn't believe me when I told him and then he might of because he negged me, "cracks CGC books to sell at higher grades", wich is exactly what he told me he read on this forum and as he put it, he was out to do the most harm posible to my rep.

But I was vindicated on this book when the second chance buyer bought and submitted it for a 9.4! First time it CGCed 9.2, the second time a 9.4. Not unusual at all. I till think it's not a 9.4, only a 9.2 but as we have said here, who am I to disagree.

So my negative was for selling him a $700 book for slightly under $400 that later graded 9.4! he told me that CGC wouldn't grade it 7.5! I statet that was hardly true as CGC had already once graded it 9.2 and I attached the label to an email.

Even though my raw listing for the book bought raw was the same as CGCs, NM-, he negged me for "cracking out and selling at a higher grade", with the intention of getting back at me for some ill that I still can't fathom as I was nothing but good to him.

So what was the point of cracking it out of the case if you AGREED with CGC about the grade then?

Second, any evidence of it being graded at 9.4?

ok so you state that you got the book unslabbed with a label. I'll accept you at your word for that. Now how can you trust that the label was for that book and you weren't lied to in the first place and was just given a good copy so that it wasn't an obvious lie?

my concern isn't ofver the neg feedback, it's over you statements

Nothing can be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt in this scenario. Logic dicatates that after 5 failed tries, I did everything I could to satisfy a buyer who could not be satisfied. A buyer that gave and got negatives like they were going out of style. I had no reason to doubt the book belonged with the label when the seller sent both. There really was no reason to have the label anyway a the comic was not slabbed and no mention wa made in the listing becaue I had no proof that was the label to go with thatbook other than my opinion of grade.

I told the buyer about what CGC had graded it after he told me it wuldn't even grade 7.5! It had been a CGC 9.2 that regraded 9.4!

So you never manned up. Are you Danny Dupcak? hm

No. I'm not. I'm really Abe Fromann, the sausage King. :-) An if you're intent on smoking your sausage, ironically, you came to the right guy for the job.

So, you're not going to man up and tell everyone who you are?