• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

then my only problem with this situation is you using a CGC label that couldn't be proved to belong to that book as proof of it being what you said, no matter taht it later came back 9.4. (the neg doesn't matter to me so please stop writing about it in response, I'll take that that seller was a picky guy who couldn't be pleased.)

So you never manned up. Are you Danny Dupcak? hm

No. I'm not. I'm really Abe Fromann, the sausage King. :-) An if you're intent on smoking your sausage, ironically, you came to the right guy for the job.

Sweet, you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off too.

"You're Abe Froman?"

"That's right. I'm Abe Froman."

"The Sausage King of Chicago?"

"Yeah. That's me."

If I might ask, what is with this fixation of Danny Dupcake? Does this guy really haunt your thoughts like this? Seriously, if he does occupy so much of your thoughts, you should reevaluate this negative energy fixation.

So you are not Danny Dupcak?

then my only problem with this situation is you using a CGC label that couldn't be proved to belong to that book as proof of it being what you said, no matter taht it later came back 9.4. (the neg doesn't matter to me so please stop writing about it in response, I'll take that that seller was a picky guy who couldn't be pleased.)

Then you misunderstand. I listed the book without any mention of the label or prior CGC grading. Why should I have? I only had a label, no well or slab. Differnet scenario than the IM 1 I listed that wasstill sealed in the well ith the label radio welded into the ight edge seam firmly.

My grade was the same as CGC, NM-. I called it a NM-/NM. many attributes of a NM, but not quite. A high end 9.2, not a squeaker 9.2 .

The only reason why I mentioed the label and prior graing was because he told me that I had a helluva' nerve sending him a book that CGC wouldn't even grade 7.5 . That' when I showed him the label. That's the only time the label was mentioned. Reread my initial writing on this.

If I might ask, what is with this fixation of Danny Dupcake? Does this guy really haunt your thoughts like this? Seriously, if he does occupy so much of your thoughts, you should reevaluate this negative energy fixation.

However any times you ask the same question, the answer i still "no, I'm not Danny Dupcak".

Now what about that sausage party? :-) Am I invited too, or the invitation is only open to Danny?

(I am kiding about the sausages you know, I hope you know that!)

><8O)

:bump:

However any times you ask the same question, the answer i still "no, I'm not Danny Dupcak".

Now what about that sausage party? :-)

denial.jpg

No I got that you didn't mention the previous possibly grading, you had no reason to, and would've been wrong to do so since you had to true proof that the book was graded. So that is a point for you. I'm just wondering why you would then use the label to justify your grading, which appears to have been correct on this book, if you couldn't personally verify that that was the book that belonged to that label, it just seems irresponsible to me.

so does this guy restore books and get them by CGC in blue labels or not????

i could have sworn i read that in one of his earlier posts in this thread.

If so, how many books has he done this with?

(shrug)

Why don't you prove it then? Take a photo of yourself holding a handwritten note that says "I am not Danny Dupcak" and post it here.

So you never manned up. Are you Danny Dupcak? hm

No. I'm not. I'm really Abe Fromann, the sausage King. :-) An if you're intent on smoking your sausage, ironically, you came to the right guy for the job.

Sweet, you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off too.

"You're Abe Froman?"

"That's right. I'm Abe Froman."

"The Sausage King of Chicago?"

"Yeah. That's me."

A classic! :headbang:

Why don't you prove it then? Take a photo of yourself holding a handwritten note that says "I am not Danny Dupcak" and post it here.

He doesn't have a digital camera that will work. The one he uses in his auctions seems to have trouble taking pictures of fictitious creatures, such as unicorns, big feet, Koos and Perrys.

I avoid the guys auctions. And have no interest in even browsing his stuff. He ends up with stolen goods to consign, has a bad track record with undisclosed restoration, and just seems like playing with the Devil.

And stop saying you have 9.9 Key BA books. You dont, you know damn well CGC wouldnt award those books those grades. We can just add over grader to your resume.

Ok, all past history and bad feelings aside, couldn't the two auctions that Grinder brought up (Green Lantern and X-men) make everyone happy if the seller just stated in the auction that they had previously been graded by the CGC as ___? (shrug)

The seller could provide front and back scans of the book as well as a picture of the book in the CGC holder before being cracked. A statement like "These books were vastly undergraded, see the hi-res scans for yourself". As another set of eyes and a reputation as the industry leaders of grading, it seems like the previous grades are pertinent information to prospective buyers.

Is that being unreasonable?

-Adam

Ok, all past history and bad feelings aside, couldn't the two auctions that Grinder brought up (Green Lantern and X-men) make everyone happy if the seller just stated in the auction that they had previously been graded by the CGC as ___? (shrug)

The seller could provide front and back scans of the book as well as a picture of the book in the CGC holder before being cracked. A statement like "These books were vastly undergraded, see the hi-res scans for yourself". As another set of eyes and a reputation as the industry leaders of grading, it seems like the previous grades are pertinent information to prospective buyers.

Is that being unreasonable?

-Adam

No it isn't unreasonable. But that is still the hope that the CGC book he takes pictures of is the raw one he sends.

And no ComicKing that isn't a dig at you, but almost all ebay sellers since it has become a market wrought with fraud.

so has this book been photoshopped?

Xmen35_121408.jpg

Xmen35_110808.jpg

Of course it has, most obvious are the small white dots that have disappeared.

or is it not the same book? cause the Beast has much less toe on the bottom copy. unless it's trimmed.