• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Haha. Maybe I should. I'm getting pretty ancient now... lol

No, like other's said, the book wasn't up (it was removed after it was listed last week) and the seller hasn't had the courtesy to reply to a single email from multiple potential buyers. I'm still hoping that they come through with at least a "sorry about the delay and the mistake in the first auction...it has been corrected and relisted". Just to know that they acknowledge their blatant lack of communication would be a start.

Does anyone get the feeling that this is a consignment deal and that the seller only has the descriptions from the scans? Other then their comics being CGC graded, the listings don't show any knowledge of comics. Though it is hard to figure out who you are dealing with when they ignore you...

Does anyone get the feeling that this is a consignment deal and that the seller only has the descriptions from the scans? Other then their comics being CGC graded, the listings don't show any knowledge of comics. Though it is hard to figure out who you are dealing with when they ignore you...

That's my feeling too is this is a consignment and the seller doesn't know how to respond about comics. When the first listing came up I read the feedback and pretty much everything I see is jewelry or other antiques.

Still, be polite and state something like, "My mistake - sorry about that."

Well, I know two of the heavy hitters that would spend a grand on that book, but the seller is turning both of them off. What a missed opportunity.
Somebody say "heavy hitter" :hi:.

There's one of them.

Hey Jerel! Welcome to the boards finally!

-William

A happy belated birthday to you my friend :grin:.

Thanks Jerel! (thumbs u

Not much new going on over here on the comic front. Still into The Crow comics (obviously) and other 80's/early 90's copper age goodness...

As far as personally, I got engaged a month or two back so that is exciting (though I am already tired of the planning process and ready for it to just be official :insane: ).

Good to see you on the boards! I still owe you a 1000 thanks for finding that #4!! (worship)

How is everything on your end?

I have to be honest, the way the seller didn't respond to emails, makes me not want to do business with him either. So, I'm not going to jump on this one myself. I'll grab the next one :devil:. I also have issue with it's soft bottom left corner, especially when you compare it to Chris's. I know this is common with most #1's, but I'm looking for something sharper.

I have to be honest, the way the seller didn't respond to emails, makes me not want to do business with him either. So, I'm not going to jump on this one myself. I'll grab the next one :devil:. I also have issue with it's soft bottom left corner, especially when you compare it to Chris's. I know this is common with most #1's, but I'm looking for something sharper.

If you're afraid to bid against William, just say it. :baiting:

:signfunny:

:roflmao:

chicken.gif

:roflmao:

chicken.gif

Come on Nick, I hang with the Fett. I am no chicken. :acclaim:

hanginwitdaFett.jpg