• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

Here's a pic. from the S. Clay Wilson's benefit this weekend in San Francisco. In the old Underground forums that are now defunct, I recall a discussion about how Arlington was last heard in bad shape in a hospital, well this was him so it appears he's better.

PS. Trina Robbins was looking all dolled up.

By the way, got my copy of Vaughn Bode's The Machines this weekend...

84672.jpg.8d5de25da6b23e6269535fe8561888cc.jpg

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Can anyone tell me were I can find a price guide that for Underground and Independent comics, OPG don't list them all. I tried to look up the going prices for Razor & it's Annual but no luck for raw or CGC.

2 Underground Price guides, Jay Kennedy from 1982 (that will be a bit pricey at around $40) and the Fogel's guide from 2006 with a sugg. retail of $30, but I've got copies for $13 plus shipping if you want one. These cover Underground (and adult in the Fogel's), not independents that would be what you're looking for if you need Razor.

I might be wrong -but I think OS may no longer list all modern era independents that have no perceived value beyond cover price. Of course that doesn't mean that they are right about the value.

If a modern book/series isn't covered in OS or Fogel - then checking completed auctions on ebay is probably your best bet.

There was more than one artwork for a record done by Welz.

Here's a Rick Griffen inspired piece for the same band. Anyone know who did it as I can't see it, it's too small.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mono-Men-Stop-Draggin-Me-Down-vinyl-record-LP-USA_W0QQitemZ220470562610QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item335511cf32&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

There was more than one artwork for a record done by Welz.

Here's a Rick Griffen inspired piece for the same band. Anyone know who did it as I can't see it, it's too small.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mono-Men-Stop-Draggin-Me-Down-vinyl-record-LP-USA_W0QQitemZ220470562610QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Records?hash=item335511cf32&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Appears to be a collaboration between Art Chantry and Scott McDougall (Fresno Comix #1/ Safe N' Sound).

Scott McDougall Web-Page