• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,308 posts in this topic

Dan told me that to print the update similar in quality to the 2006 guide, he would have had to charge at least $10 more retail. He thought everyone would be better served with a lower price...so the magazine type update.

I'm still disappointed that, at the $16.95 cover price, this was a magazine and it didn't have a thicker cover stock. 2c

I don't know if a lot of people here are into current undergrounds or not, but I stumbled upon an awesome (I think, waiting for my copies to arrive in the mail) horror underground. I'm hoping to have them all by Halloween :)

Be warned, NSFW big time.

http://www.fukitor.blogspot.com/

I actually saw a single page of his a long time ago and searched high and low for the comic it came from. I wanted to ask if anyone here knew where the page came from when I first joined, but the Myspace group I saw it in had been deleted or something because I couldn't find it anymore. Glad I finally found it.

I don't know if a lot of people here are into current undergrounds or not, but I stumbled upon an awesome (I think, waiting for my copies to arrive in the mail) horror underground. I'm hoping to have them all by Halloween :)

Be warned, NSFW big time.

http://www.fukitor.blogspot.com/

I actually saw a single page of his a long time ago and searched high and low for the comic it came from. I wanted to ask if anyone here knew where the page came from when I first joined, but the Myspace group I saw it in had been deleted or something because I couldn't find it anymore. Glad I finally found it.

I ordered all five copies of FUKITOR and loved them :applause: The artwork is awesome and the humor is great. The dialogue makes me laugh and the gore is amazingly over the top. Each story is just a few pages and they all seem to parody popular horror and thriller plots. Cursed tomb, summer camp slasher, cannibal natives, and so on. I'll definitely be following his work from now on :)

:whee:

I got some grades back on some Cherry Poptarts today.

All first prints...

Funny Book #1 - 8.5 OW

Cherry Poptart #1 - 9.8 WHITE

Cherry Poptart #2 - 9.4 OW/W

and..

Cherry #6, #8, #15, #17, #18, #21, #22 - All 9.8 WHITE

And then there were three.. welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

Nice grade on the #2 as well.

Sad news Underground Comix fans, Don Donahue was admitted to the hospital a couple weeks ago do to complications (sounds like a stoke) probably due to prostate cancer that had spread, it was announced yesterday that he passed away. The great Comix dealer (and printer of some of the early R. Crumb comix) who was selling some nice stuff is now history...

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I was wondering if someone here could help me with pricing out two undergrounds. They are not in the Overstreet guide and there were no recent sales that I was able to find on the internet, like here or on ebay. I did locate one in an online store but I think they are asking crazy prices. Someone here told me these were just common issues so I don't want to list them at stupid prices. If someone can help me out that will be great.

Dope Comix 5

Bizarre Sex 9 (first printing) I am not selling this one but was curious and would like to mark it on my spreadsheet.

I can post scans too. Why are these listed in a different guide? There is an underground that I was looking for but I have no idea what a fair price is for it.

Thanks I appreciate any help.

I was wondering if someone here could help me with pricing out two undergrounds. They are not in the Overstreet guide and there were no recent sales that I was able to find on the internet, like here or on ebay. I did locate one in an online store but I think they are asking crazy prices. Someone here told me these were just common issues so I don't want to list them at stupid prices. If someone can help me out that will be great.

Dope Comix 5

Bizarre Sex 9 (first printing) I am not selling this one but was curious and would like to mark it on my spreadsheet.

I can post scans too. Why are these listed in a different guide? There is an underground that I was looking for but I have no idea what a fair price is for it.

Thanks I appreciate any help.

a raw copy of Bizarre Sex 9 1st printing just went for $98! It was graded 9.6. There seems to be a major upswing of interest in this book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400168884468

Dope Comix #5 always seemed to be one of the toughest issues of that series to find. The Omaha the Cat Dancer collectors may also be bringing up the price on this one with her appearance in this issue.

Sorry I wasn't able to help with any actual prices, any of the underground comix price guides are going to have outdated prices, anyway.

Thanks. JScomics gets high bids plus my isn't as nice. I am more interested in Dope comix 5 but I guess I will just list it and see if anyone bids.

Undergrounds are difficult. I had wanted to complete my Jim set but it is too hard to locate the issues. I have a better chance hunting down the hardcover.

I bought a few of J&S books and had to return all but one. Their grades were correct by just looking at the front of the book but when taken out of the bag, one book had a big tear on the BC (That was a 9.6) and 2 other books had many back cover creases taking them out of the NM/NM+ range. I wish people would take the time to grade more accurately. They did refund my money right away & paid the return postage.