• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

Just got this back today. Pekar was friendly, but pretty sloppy when handling the book (he's getting up there in age and was not very coordinated -- as you can tell by the scribble of a signature). I was afraid the grade would take a hit. Pretty excited about the result.

(Thanks to MutantKeys!)

DSC03835.jpg

Stumbled across this interview with Mike Watt [bassist for Iggy (Pop) and the Stooges] at his gallery showing for his photos and see Reymond Pettibon interviewed in there also. Thought I would post it because I found it interesting for you Pettibon fans.

By the way, Mike Watt will be doing his radio show this Sunday in Santa Monica at Track 16 Gallery interviewing Branaman.

If you're not aware of who Robert Branaman is:

Low res. version with annotations:

high res. without annotations:

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Re-watched the Crumb documentary again today.. was really surprised to hear Crumb's nasty remarks about Larry Welz towards the end. He was on the phone and someone was apparently trying to persuade him to participate in an animated feature project.. he said:

I got no patience for Hollywood bulls***...

I can't think in those terms..

I've already got SO much of my life wasted with those people down there. Animation? Forget it. No. Not interested at all.

Hasn't been a decent animated film made in this country since about 1940.

Cherry Poptart is an abomination. Larry Welz is an idi*t. It's gonna be a piece of garbage. I'm not interested.

I didn't even know who Larry Welz was the first time I watched this film, so those remarks didn't mean anything to me. Now that I do, I was all like :o

so, you're probably wondering why crumb thinks he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person? i'm not surprised by crumb's comments but it's the old, "if you don't have something nice to say..." crumb is definitely in a different league than welz, so why is he surprised by welz wanting to go down the bs hollywood path?