• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

Back In July I bought a copy of Air Pirates #1 as a 8.0 VF well I got the book back from CGC and it Came back as a CGC 7.5 Blue with Cream-OW pages. There is no listing of this book in OSPG so I was curious if anyone could give me an estimated value. I will need a estimated value for insurance on my collection

thanks

Trey

A friend found this for me at a vinyl shop. Larry Welz did a Cherry Poptart cover for a 45 by the MonoMen. Sweet!

:gossip: Pssst.. There's one on ebay right now with a cheap BIN.

MonoMen45cover.jpg

MonoMen45record.jpg

2 versions?? now I want the blue one!!

lp.jpg

lp2.jpg

Jason, do you have the one in this post that is NOT blue?

Here are a couple that I picked up last week. Both are said to be first prints (almost certain the WW #1 is, still not sure about the SFC #2). The SFC #2 is about a 9.4/9.6 and the WW #1 is a 9.6 with an outside shot at 9.8.

IMG8_0001.jpg

IMG8_0002.jpg

Edited by frankbearss

Here are a couple that I picked up last week. Both are said to be first prints (almost certain the WW #1 is, still not sure about the SFC #2). The SFC #2 is about a 9.4/9.6 and the WW #1 is a 9.6 with an outside shot at 9.8.

IMG8_0001.jpg

IMG8_0002.jpg

There were five printings of the San Francisco Comic #2, but since they are all exactly the same, they are all considered first prints in the underground comix collecting community. I assume you probably bought these from Don Donahue (apexnovelties) as these are books he regularly lists on eBay.

There were five printings of the San Francisco Comic #2, but since they are all exactly the same, they are all considered first prints in the underground comix collecting community. I assume you probably bought these from Don Donahue (apexnovelties) as these are books he regularly lists on eBay.

Yes, that's exactly right. Good experience, seemed to be a straight seller.

ebay seach for 'apexnovelties':

The User ID you entered was not found. Please check the User ID and try again.

Is that the right user id?

Took me long enough to find this thread buried under "mags".

Highly recommend the 2009 hardcover book UG Classics: the Transformation of Comics into Comix. It is loaded with pg. after pg. of original UG art plus a few comix cover scans. Several intros offering different regional viewpoints on the secret origin of the UG movement by Denis Kitchen, James Danky. Pat Rosenkraantz from OR, USA was good enough to mention Canadian UG artists too. Retails for $30 US. :whatev: