• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Auction it off on eBay... rant style and with a reserve high enough that no one will buy and keep relisting it.

great idea actually

That really is! List it with his name big and repeated and leave it up for months. It could eventually become a major embarrassment for him. :applause:

I am going to do it. Jim, that is an incredibly awesome idea. Roger, I know what you mean by repeating it over and over in the listing, with a large font and all.

I am so angry after seeing what the sketch truly is. It is blatant and completely offensive. And for some reason, it really hurts my feelings in a way. I showed the damned thing to my children when I got home Sunday. I am not going to post anything that could be constured as a threat on the internet, but I think a lot of you know how this might proceed.

Scott, I would pause, take a deep breath and calm down for a moment before doing this...

You don't want to misspell Sienkiewicz in the ebay listing! :sumo:

I would list it up as a Bill Sienkiewicz "self portrait" and say priceless.....

Then I'd call his agent, and I'd post this image in every single location that was possible.

What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I would list it up as a Bill Sienkiewicz "self portrait" and say priceless.....

Then I'd call his agent, and I'd post this image in every single location that was possible.

What a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

+ 1

Show some board solidarity and not give this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed a dime of our money for a signature or sketch from here on in. From what I have read it does not look like he has much respect for fans.

I don't care what you guys say....I still think it's a scary alien.

In this enhanced version of the picture, it takes an even more eerie resemblance to a .

This is uncanny. :eek:

I just looked this guy up (all this time I didn't know who he was :blush:). Man, his art is awesome. I did see a couple of those images before, I remember thinking the Venture Brothers one was very cool. Too bad this guy is such a major jerk :(

u5xsk.jpg
Now that's a sketch lol

Junk. Literally. :eek:

What are the odds Bill was just dickin' with someone?

billsinksketch.jpg

You know i saw the "radio tube" and thought condom..then said naah it sure looks like a..naah surely the artist would not be such a total graceless idjot ..

I guess I was wrong man ..what a disgrace to artists who actually give a care about what the fans think..fans who spend money and appreciate their work..who will now see this..or hear about it..and say..I cannot support someone who is such a jackwagon..

totally not cool..

I had someone order a custom piece of art for me a long time ago..and I never got a thing..they thought I was ungrateful for not acknowledging a wonderful gift..Until they explained why they were mad at me I had no clue because I never got anything and had no knowledge the art had been ordered for me..

So I assumed it had came in the mail and been stolen off my doorstep ..now I wonder if it was every even made..if artists like this exist who take money and wait three yrs to pony up a sketch..

So sad..

I definitely agree he should

A) apologize for being a human representation of the item in question about it

B) apologize for disappoint a fan who without he would have no career

C) make good by doing you something better

D) making sure his fans and people know he isn't normally like that and was having a bad three yrs or whatever

And there is no law saying you couldn't makean auction and publicly hound the guy until he caves and makes good..

like starting a facebook group or twittering..

outrageous and uncalled for treatment of a fan..foul foul..

FAIL

I sent his handler and email this morning. Let's see if I receive a reply. That will determine how I choose to proceed.

Eric,

We have spoken in the past about this situation concerning a sketch I never received from your boss. I know that the information reached you in April of 2009 as he finally contacted me about making it right. This situation started in November, 2007. Three years ago. I finally received a “sketch” last Sunday, 11/14/10. If this is the way your boss treats a paying customer and a long time (now former) fan, then he is a very sad and despicable individual.

I am going to attach a link to the message board which received your attention last year. As you can see, all of the people posting think that your boss is not a very good person for doing what he has done. I personally find it offensive to be treated this way by another individual, who I treated with respect, shook their hand, and left their presence with the words of “No hard feelings” on my lips. Obviously your boss thinks it is ok to treat another person in this manner.

Rest assured that this is something that I do not take lightly. The level of disrespect that your boss has deemed me worthy of is not acceptable.

Please do not ignore this message as I will not “simply go away” this time. I expect a resolution sooner than later in this matter.

Here is the link in question. I am sure you will find it interesting to see the “hidden artwork” inside of the sketch for which I waited three years and paid 100.00.

Utterly offensive.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3070143&fpart=1