• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,017 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 10:40 PM, Ameri said:

recent pick up

comic Kid Komics 5 CAMERA.JPG

Fantastic! Sol Brodsky doing an amazing Alex Schomburg homage, on his first (I believe) Timely cover! What a great book and a great copy!

Brodsky would do the same kind of style on his next Timely cover, Young Allies #15.

Edited by Prince Namor

I was happy that Comic Connect delivered this in a 'Timely' fashion!

Nellie the Nurse #21 - this would be the last issue that would have the circular Marvel Comics logo, though it would appear randomly on other titles for another 7 or 8 months. A few Stan Lee stories (signed), mostly Carl Dorese art (signed), though there is a Morris Weiss, Tessie the Typist story. Not sure who drew the cover, but... well done!

nel1.66.jpg

Had a fun day at the local comic book show... picked up a few Timely books...

Millie the Model #12. Low grade copy but the interior looks great. Mostly Pete Riss art inside, who would do the book until Dan DeCarlo took it over the following year. Not sure about the cover, but I suspect Christopher Rule.

MillieTheModel012.jpeg

On 5/20/2022 at 12:20 PM, buttock said:

Such a cool book really deserves a better scan than this. 

Whew, thanks! I briefly thought my eyesight failing and in a blind panic feeling around for the number of my optometrist! :ohnoez:

In fairness to the owner's scan, it's not unusual for USA to lose focus.  :wink: