• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2024 at 7:50 PM, buttock said:

Lol.  a HG Subby 1 gets lost amid the funny animal books.  

Actually we choose to ignore it like a fart in church.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 3/4/2024 at 7:14 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Were these characters all in animated cartoons? I should go see what is available on You Tube for viewing. Other than Mighty Mouse I don't recall seeing many of these characters.

Gandy Goose appeared in 54 theatrical cartoons between 1938 and 1955. Sourpuss co-starred in the vast majority and had three solo shorts in 1940-42 himself.

:)

On 3/5/2024 at 4:17 PM, Hepcat said:

Gandy Goose appeared in 54 theatrical cartoons between 1938 and 1955. Sourpuss co-starred in the vast majority and had three solo shorts in 1940-42 himself.

:)

True, but only Subby appeared with more sourpuss goose-steppers on a single cover! :Rocket:

On 3/5/2024 at 4:58 PM, Ameri said:

(shrug)

comic submariner 1 cgc.JPG

I had the opportunity to buy a decent copy around 1972 for $35. Problem was, I had just bought a complete set of EC annuals and the run of Piracy for all the money I had, $100. From the guy. He said he would hold it for me but a week later when I scraped up the money, he had sold it…:sorry:

On 12/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, Badger said:

The one that got away. I had consoled myself for missing the Dallas Collector's Summit this year by buying the last USA Comic I needed to complete my 6 through 17 run. Or at least I thought I did. They cashed my check back in November and told me that it would take a couple of weeks to clear; now MyComicShop tells me they sold the book to someone else and I bought it before they could remove it from their website. *&^&*%&@$#$$!  :cry: Just heartbreaking. No real blame on Mycomicshop just looking for some shoulders to cry on.Do wish they had noticed it was sold before they cashed my check though.

5761470_Full_Obv.jpg

I know the chap that bought this.  Happy to pass on some fun filled insults for ya.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, Badger said:

The one that got away. I had consoled myself for missing the Dallas Collector's Summit this year by buying the last USA Comic I needed to complete my 6 through 17 run. Or at least I thought I did. They cashed my check back in November and told me that it would take a couple of weeks to clear; now MyComicShop tells me they sold the book to someone else and I bought it before they could remove it from their website. *&^&*%&@$#$$!  :cry: Just heartbreaking. No real blame on Mycomicshop just looking for some shoulders to cry on.Do wish they had noticed it was sold before they cashed my check though.

MyComicShop owes you big time! Far more than a refund of the purchase price.

Consider. They made you an offer through the listing on their website. You accepted it by sending them a cheque. That according to contract law is a legally binding agreement right there. This means it was case closed even before MyComicShop went and cashed your cheque. That means MyComicShop must legally honour your deal. To put it another way "He who sells what isn't his'n must buy it back or go to prison."

Yes, yes, I understand that mistakes can and do happen, but a man must nevertheless PAY for his mistakes. There's no just walking away from a mistake with a shrug. In effect you have them over a barrel. MyComicShop must therefore offer you an alternative (say a much higher priced comic for your money) to which you agree if they cannot deliver on their contractual obligation to deliver that issue of USA Comics to you. Hopefully you've not settled for less.

:preach:

On 3/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Hepcat said:

MyComicShop owes you big time! Far more than a refund of the purchase price.

Consider. They made you an offer through the listing on their website. You accepted it by sending them a cheque. That according to contract law is a legally binding agreement right there. This means it was case closed even before MyComicShop went and cashed your cheque. That means MyComicShop must legally honour your deal. To put it another way "He who sells what isn't his'n must buy it back or go to prison."

Yes, yes, I understand that mistakes can and do happen, but a man must nevertheless PAY for his mistakes. There's no just walking away from a mistake with a shrug. In effect you have them over a barrel. MyComicShop must therefore offer you an alternative (say a much higher priced comic for your money) to which you agree if they cannot deliver on their contractual obligation to deliver that issue of USA Comics to you. Hopefully you've not settled for less.

They gave me $95 in store credit; that's close to what you mean right? Right? (shrug)  (It was a 5 figure purchase.) Its still a sore spot with me and even though they have had a couple of things I would have purchased otherwise, I passed for now.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Hepcat said:

Yes, yes, I understand that mistakes can and do happen, but a man must nevertheless PAY for his mistakes.

Would a flogging be sufficient?

On 3/8/2024 at 6:17 PM, MrBedrock said:

With a wet noodle? Possibly. (shrug) Mistakes happen but on a $10k purchase they hurt a little more than others. Ya know? Especially when they sent me an email a week after I sent payment saying they were depositing the check and it would take a month to clear. They sent that email AFTER they had sold the book. That is quite a bit of money to tie up for a month and then just shrug and move on. Hopefully they updated their processes to confirm inventory before cashing a check. If not for every purchase then at least those over, say, $2500.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:17 PM, MrBedrock said:

A lawyer right out of school could work them over far worse than that. It's a slam dunk case of breach of contract. 

:rulez:

Edited by Hepcat

On 3/9/2024 at 8:42 AM, Badger said:

They gave me $95 in store credit; that's close to what you mean right? Right? (shrug)  (It was a 5 figure purchase.) Its still a sore spot with me and even though they have had a couple of things I would have purchased otherwise, I passed for now.

Interest on the money they tied up at the current rate seems a reasonable settlement. I’d ask for cash not store credit though. The $95 seems appropriate given that. Not every problem should result in a lawsuit; I’m afraid that is something not everyone understands.