• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

Well... can you chrisco37 ??

I'm waiting and hoping. I mean, you NEVER know.

I'm in your corner here 100%, if he's got the nerve to call himself your protégé, he'd better step up to the plate and deliver... confused-smiley-013.gif

Well... can you chrisco37 ??

I'm waiting and hoping. I mean, you NEVER know.

Well, I can find you an Identity Crisis RRP. It will cost you a bunch in Golden Age trade, though. I'm not going to screw you, but you can see what they're going for on eBay.

If you're my protege, then can you find me my missing comic - New Adventure 26 ???

Or failing that, as this thread is about rare giveaways, "The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends", or The Flash promo TV Brochure, or the Batman Rain-Blo gum personalised comic, or the two different sets of Looney Tunes mini-comics given away with Tyson chicken, or "Supergear", or "What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval", or the brochure to the 1960s Superman Musical "It's A Bird", or the second 1944 Superman Christmas Adventure, or the supposed Warlord Remco mini-comic, or even just a Batman 608 RRP edition.

Aye-aye, Cap'n......I shall keep my eyes peeled. thumbsup2.gif

Well, I can find you an Identity Crisis RRP. It will cost you a bunch in Golden Age trade, though. I'm not going to screw you, but you can see what they're going for on eBay.

I already got one for three hundred dollars. Can't you find me a Batman 608 instead ????

I already got one for three hundred dollars. Can't you find me a Batman 608 instead ????

Ian, that's a decent price on the ID Crisis. My shop has the Superman RRP if you'd like me to check the price for you.

This is a new promo. There is also a second one called "JLA starring Batman". Send an e-mail to jlastarringbatman@coned.com w/ your name, email and phone# and they will send you one for free. Not sure they will ship to the UK though....

I've had the JLA Starring Batman giveaway from Con-Edison for over six months.

What fascinates me about Adventures With The DC Super Heroes, is that it's got the old Adventure Comics logo, the same as the 1999 giveaway with milk.

Well in that case, do you have the 3rd Con Ed give-away?

Ian, that's a decent price on the ID Crisis. My shop has the Superman RRP if you'd like me to check the price for you.

I've had one for ages. I bought it slabbed as a 9.8, and it's the only time in my life I've kept a comic in its slab.

Oh dear Lord !!!!!!!

It looks fabulous.

How do I get one ????

Can you put up a scan of the other second one, also called Adventures With The DC Super Heroes ????

You really ARE my new best friend.

I am in awe.

Of course! What sort of protoge would I be if I wasn't?

If you're my protege, then can you find me my missing comic - New Adventure 26 ???

Or failing that, as this thread is about rare giveaways, "The Aquateers Meet The Super Friends", or The Flash promo TV Brochure, or the Batman Rain-Blo gum personalised comic, or the two different sets of Looney Tunes mini-comics given away with Tyson chicken, or "Supergear", or "What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval", or the brochure to the 1960s Superman Musical "It's A Bird", or the second 1944 Superman Christmas Adventure, or the supposed Warlord Remco mini-comic, or even just a Batman 608 RRP edition.

I found an *ad* for the Batman Rain-Blo personalized comic...

aa00113.JPG

You'd think finding the actual comic would be easier. confused-smiley-013.gif

I found an *ad* for the Batman Rain-Blo personalized comic...

You'd think finding the actual comic would be easier.

I've only ever found one person with a copy, and he won't sell it. He's a friend of Earl Davis.

I think that comics which you had to send away for, are much rarer than comics that were just given away.

None of us have seen that JLA Sour Punch Straws giveaway yet, for instance.

Oh dear Lord !!!!!!!

It looks fabulous.

How do I get one ????

Can you put up a scan of the other second one, also called Adventures With The DC Super Heroes ????

You really ARE my new best friend.

I am in awe.

Use the email address I posted earlier to get both books.

coned3.jpg

coned1.jpg

coned2.jpg

Has anybody actually seen any more than the first two of the ten different covers to the King James comic ?????

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0408/18/

Click the link and scroll down to the middle of the page. All 10 covers are there...

Hey, saw this article in The Witching Hour #1 , Are the items listed in #6 not considered DC comics?, and would then not fall into a DC giveaway?

Just curious..

DCgiveaway.JPG

Thought it was interesting, but not sure if it applied to Ian's collection.

Ze-

Hey, saw this article in The Witching Hour #1 , Are the items listed in #6 not considered DC comics?, and would then not fall into a DC giveaway?

Just curious..

Thought it was interesting, but not sure if it applied to Ian's collection.

I have all three...

The Superman Time Capsule, Duel In Space, and the Supershow Of Metropolis.

All from 1955.

MUCH MUCH rarer is the 1954 Kelloggs Superman Special Edition, which I also have.