• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridiculously Rare DC Giveaways And Premiums
5 5

451 posts in this topic

Now that I've gone to the trouble of scanning the incredibly rare 1977 DC Super Heroes Vitamins giveaway, that so many collectors said didn't exist because they'd never laid eyes on a copy, here it is. I posted it on another thread, but it TRULY belongs here on this one.

625293-HEROHEALTH.JPG

Metarog has been asking for a scan of the ridiculously rare Warlord mini-comic.

It just arrived.

Despite what Paul Levitz said it DOES indeed exist.

I shall be getting it scanned and posted up on here tomorrow.

It just arrived.

Looking forward to it!

It just arrived.

Looking forward to it!

Indeed.

Haven't found a picture of it anywhere on the internet. Here's an ad I found, though.

warlord.jpg

For Metarog and everyone else that's interested.

The next five scans, put up as five separate postings, are some of the rarest DC giveaways you could ever come across, and I hope it's all stuff you've never seen before. The theme is extreme rarity.

Here is the Warlord mini-comic which was cancelled and is not officially supposed to exist.

855999-lostwarlordcopy.JPG

855999-lostwarlordcopy.JPG.de877432bb57aa2b1e3f1c421b9eddab.JPG

And finally, Flash Force 2000. This is simply THE rarest full set of DC giveaways you will ever see. I know of nobody else other than myself in the world who has a full set of all five. Three of them are rare. Even the toys they came with are rare, and worth a fortune, made in 1982 by Matchbox cars. The fourth (Rumble At Rampage Rock) is virtually impossible. The fifth is the black and white version of the fourth, which Paul Levitz said was made exclusively for Toyfair.

Overstreet lists them as a set of five, but has no clue as to their value or rarity.

Like I said, I have never ever heard of another full set anywhere.

856008-flashforcefive.JPG

856008-flashforcefive.JPG.62b21c0bb9d090b41de17b944f149a14.JPG

Thanks for the scans Ian... really neat stuff you got there. How is the the Promo database coming along? There is a list over at Mike's Amazing World of DC but it is missing a bunch of these.

No they aren't Ian, and we've already discussed this in-depth before. We need the indicia from those issues as well so we can see and verify copyright info, dates, etc. These scans are wonderful, make no mistake, but they're just part of what we need to add them to the Guide. As you pledged to try again so we can lay that issue to rest, I don't think a few more scans of the relevant information will put you out too much.

No they aren't Ian, and we've already discussed this in-depth before. We need the indicia from those issues as well so we can see and verify copyright info, dates, etc. These scans are wonderful, make no mistake, but they're just part of what we need to add them to the Guide. As you pledged to try again so we can lay that issue to rest, I don't think a few more scans of the relevant information will put you out too much.

I vote Blumberg flies to the UK to hand-document all of Ian's stuff so Ian doesn't have to risk scans of inside indicias.

And Ian, GREAT stuff. For once, I'm on your side of the argument.