• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions
2 2

603 posts in this topic

I was going to say the other day that there are not that many auctions, but I retract that thought. They are all over the place today.

I just looked and I only see them in GA/SA/BA

so maybe that's all that might be needed

Yep, More all the time. It's working for sellers and buyers.

yep.. and did I mention the listing & final value fees are great!

I just posted in the wrong thread, but realized that there are just too many auctions... the selling forum should be for selling...

if some want auctions, create a sub forum...

if this keeps turning into ebay junior, I for one will not be participating...

I just posted in the wrong thread, but realized that there are just too many auctions... the selling forum should be for selling...

+1 Googol

+1

I don't like the idea of having the auction's because I believe it will degenerate.

That being said if they are going to have them, they should be able to dwindle and die in there own thread not contaminate the current selling threads. 2c

why has the discourse decreased as the number of auctions increased? (shrug)

Not much more to say?

Some don't want auction at all.

Some want auctions.

Almost all of Both camps think auctions should be in their own sub-forum if we are going to allow them.

Just up to the mods to create one for us and see how the cards fall.

Not much more to say?

Some want auctions.

Almost all of Both camps think auctions should be in their own sub-forum if we are going to allow them.

Yep...a couple weeks back Arch requested that we provide more thoughts on the subject. We've done that. Now, I think we're waiting to hear back from Arch regarding his thoughts.

Not much more to say?

Some want auctions.

Yep...a couple weeks back Arch requested that we provide more thoughts on the subject. We've done that. Now, I think we're waiting to hear back from Arch regarding his thoughts.

Not really for or against auctions but would definitely like to see them in their own sub forum. From what I've read it seems most people agree on this point.

Not much more to say?

Some want auctions.

Not really for or against auctions but would definitely like to see them in their own sub forum. From what I've read it seems most people agree on this point.

+1

Not much more to say?

Some want auctions.

+1

+1

Not much more to say?

Some want auctions.

+1

+1

+2

I originally thought it was crazy to have a separate auction section but since the auctions seem to have taken over it seems to be making more sense every day. I may be selfishly hoping the change kills of the auction craze since I'm never up late enough to snipe any of the auctions.

I hate these frikkin auctions, they are annoying and littering the boards lately. On top of that, the constant bumping is eating up valuable real estate. If you wanna sell your Ms.Marvel 1 list it with a damn price and move along.

Other than the auction I saw where the starting bid was about the same as the value, have they been selling under or over value? It seems like it would be risky for a seller to do an auction here since there are less people to bid and hard to remember all of the ending times for buyers.

I agree. Between auctions and mystery boxes, it sure feels more like ebay.

However, if auctions are going to be sanctioned by CCG/Arch/Whomever then create an auction sub-forum so that those of us who are not interested can ignore them