• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Or I can refund you if you no longer need the books.

Please let me know.

Yeah, I would greatly appreciate the refund as I no longer need the books.

Not a problem, I am sorry it was overlooked. Where should I paypal to. Or, if you desire I can mail you a check.

Russ

Please let me know.

1 1/2 years later and board pressure = refund

TOOL

I could have just done nothing about it. As I stated, preorders are a pain in the butt to keep together, this was one that is in a stack of old ones to deal with. But thank you for the kind word.

Please let me know.

TOOL

I could have just done nothing about it.

Status Qou, hm

Please let me know.

TOOL

I could have just done nothing about it. As I stated, preorders are a pain in the butt to keep together, this was one that is in a stack of old ones to deal with. But thank you for the kind word.

Thats what you have done so far.

Please let me know.

Yeah, I would greatly appreciate the refund as I no longer need the books.

Not a problem, I am sorry it was overlooked. Where should I paypal to. Or, if you desire I can mail you a check.

Russ

Take the paypal. He couldnt take the time to find your order that was filed electronically and should have been easily found (as evidenced by how fast he found it here).

If you think he will be prompt about writing a check, addressing the envelope, licking the stamp, licking the seal and putting it in the mail then you'll probably be waiting another year and a half or so.

Yes, because you follow me around all day and know what my day to day is like. Just because there are some outstanding issues, it doesn't mean that I do nothing all day.

f'n waa :cry:

Please let me know.

TOOL

CS,

do you think before you type? that is something that a dealer or seller should never say. that will deter any potential customers after reading that post.

No, I am just stating that I could of done that. Timmay want's to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed about it, fine. I think it's a valid comment. If I truly was a scammer, I woudln't do anything about it.

It is a valid comment, and you are a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

:sumo:

I deleted the longer post, because I really don't want to go back and forth on this, and I didn't keep it, but since Russ, just had the ummm ...nerve to PM me and tell me I was one of only 5 people to return books to him ...and since he obviously saw the post, I am going to write it again,...since I really do try to count to 10 or 100, but he obviously thinks he scared me and I will not be intimidated by him.

I had two interactions with Russ, the first one was when he had a sale on comic books. I bought a bunch of books (more than 50) that he described as being average VF. When I got the books, a few were VF (maybe 2 or 3) , a few were Fine, most were VG, but there were about 10, that were worse and some were no better than Fair. Large pieces were off the front covers, 3-4 inch tears,I remember one specifically that had the cover folded like an accordian...you get the picture, things that a blind person could not miss, I was very disappointed.

I was also surprised that someone who sells comic supplies, would just toss these in a box, not bagged or boarded, and not wrapped in any manner., but I figured maybe he made a mistake, so I called him. When I contacted him, he was very forceful and stated that HE KNEW how to pack better than anyone else, and that basically, I was very foolish if I thought that for those bargain prices, he would take the time to grade the books. He did take back a few, and I had to pay the return postage...and as I said before, I didn't make a big deal about it, because I figured it was my own stupidity buying without pictures.

When he posted a presale of supplies at a very good price, I figured I'd try again, since he was young and it seemed like such a good sale...so I gave him another chance, which turned out not to be the brightest move on my part.

When there was a thread created about problems other people were having with Russ regarding the presale, I did post and I got PMs from a number of other people who all said the same thing...that they had problems with Russ, minor problems, and just didn't want to pursue the matter and be aggravated, so they just let it go, they would NOT buy from him again, they just didn't want to kick it to a higher level..

While I never felt that losing postage was something I wanted to complain about on the probation thread...I did not get what I paid for when I bought those books...and I am sure there are many others (and not just 5, Russ) who feel the same way, just don't want to get involved in this mess, people who just figured they lost a few $$ and will just not buy from you again, but as I said, all those small problems add up and there were MANY, not a few and those MANY add up.

I will continue to warn other people, that this is not someone they should deal with, I hate to see other people cheated, and although frankly, it pains me to write this again...

Russ, you should never come off that list, you are a recidivist with a really poor attitude about rules, dealing with people, and what is right and what is wrong...truly, you need to find another field of work, one where you are not dealing directly with people.

BTW, Russ...You can kindly not PM me again, I have nothing to discuss with you. I tried my best to give you some constructive advice, but it's like talking to a wall and there is just no point in trying to help you, you will not listen to anyone else.

Arthur, thank YOU for posting, you helped me post again.

As I stated, preorders are a pain in the butt to keep together, this was one that is in a stack of old ones to deal with.

So why don't you stop posting in here...and instead use that time to fix this "stack" of old orders that need to be dealt with?

One novel use of this newly found "free time" would be for you to actually contact all of those people and offer to either ship them the product you do have in stock along with a partial refund, or to refund all of their money.

Imagine that?

YOU taking the time to proactively contact your customers about YOUR screw ups and offer to make them right.

You know...as opposed to your normal tactic of throwing this responsability back onto your customers. And then watching as they hopelessly try to track you down for months/years in order to get some kind of resolution out of you in exchange for their hard earned money.

Sharon,

Perhaps old age has affected your memory. Let me remind you exactly what happened.

I did a forum sale that included a lot of Bronze age books. I said that

BRONZE AGE BOOKS AVERAGE F/VF CONDITION!!! I also stated there were some Silver age and some moderns as well.

You bought a few old Tales of Suspenses, SILVER AGE, which were probably G/VG. For like $3 each. I pointed out the fact that I stated that those books didn't fall under the AVERAGE because they were older. I even pointed out where I said in the sales thread that older books would in fact be lower grade.

You said in your post, and your rant at the time that "even though the books showed no damage from the shipment" you still had an issue with the packing. The books were put into a box, with a piece of cardboard on top and bottom, and packing peanuts all around. The shipment was tight and safe. You said that you could "rip" them with your fingernails because they weren't wrapped. I sold about $8k worth of comics during that sale and you were the only one that complained about conditions and packing. The only one. AND you were the only one who returned them. I tell people all the time that if you aren't happy, return them, I don't have an issue with that. Now, if SOOOO many people did, they why woudln't they?

ANd here is where you me off about the supplies.

In the thread, in the original sales thread on those supplies I tell everyone, in fact, the FIRST FREAKING line of the thread that these probably would not ship until the end of SUMMER. Also that the order was so big that it would be shipped in WAVES and some orders would ship before others. THe first freaking sentence Sharon.

I probably sold 100,000 packs of those mylars on sale. And again, you were the first to biatch about it. Nobody else did because maybe they can read. Maybe they read the first sentence. You didn't.

You then started saying how Hotflips must be better because they had gotten their shipments. You completely disregarded the fact that I warned everybody prior to the sale that it would be some time before they shipped. Then you started getting allies. Some guys on here started to see your side because here you were, a damsel in distress that was complaining about me. So, they started to side with you, even though I stated in the thread the expected date of shipment. Then after you realized that, you started to say things like I should have gotten my supplies, that HotFlips got theirs, that I never should of put myself into a position of allowing another company to get what I should of gotten.

You are an IMPATIENT person, a KNIT PICKING person, and quite honestly when it comes to reading you have the skills of a 3rd grader. You chose to disregard the warning of that sale, and again you chose to not read the comic sale. You think that because you failed to read the disclosures that I am to blame.

No, you are. You didn't read the grades of that sale, and you didn't read when to expect them.

AND, I even looked back at your order and the mylar order, you remember, the one where I said they wouldn't ship until the end of the summer, yeah, that one, it shipped on August 27th.

OHHH GEEE... END OF SUMMER!!!!!

Sharon,

Perhaps old age has affected your memory. Let me remind you exactly what happened.

I did a forum sale that included a lot of Bronze age books. I said that

BRONZE AGE BOOKS AVERAGE F/VF CONDITION!!! I also stated there were some Silver age and some moderns as well.

You bought a few old Tales of Suspenses, SILVER AGE, which were probably G/VG. For like $3 each. I pointed out the fact that I stated that those books didn't fall under the AVERAGE because they were older. I even pointed out where I said in the sales thread that older books would in fact be lower grade.

You said in your post, and your rant at the time that "even though the books showed no damage from the shipment" you still had an issue with the packing. The books were put into a box, with a piece of cardboard on top and bottom, and packing peanuts all around. The shipment was tight and safe. You said that you could "rip" them with your fingernails because they weren't wrapped. I sold about $8k worth of comics during that sale and you were the only one that complained about conditions and packing. The only one. AND you were the only one who returned them. I tell people all the time that if you aren't happy, return them, I don't have an issue with that. Now, if SOOOO many people did, they why woudln't they?

ANd here is where you me off about the supplies.

In the thread, in the original sales thread on those supplies I tell everyone, in fact, the FIRST FREAKING line of the thread that these probably would not ship until the end of SUMMER. Also that the order was so big that it would be shipped in WAVES and some orders would ship before others. THe first freaking sentence Sharon.

I probably sold 100,000 packs of those mylars on sale. And again, you were the first to biatch about it. Nobody else did because maybe they can read. Maybe they read the first sentence. You didn't.

You then started saying how Hotflips must be better because they had gotten their shipments. You completely disregarded the fact that I warned everybody prior to the sale that it would be some time before they shipped. Then you started getting allies. Some guys on here started to see your side because here you were, a damsel in distress that was complaining about me. So, they started to side with you, even though I stated in the thread the expected date of shipment. Then after you realized that, you started to say things like I should have gotten my supplies, that HotFlips got theirs, that I never should of put myself into a position of allowing another company to get what I should of gotten.

You are an IMPATIENT person, a KNIT PICKING person, and quite honestly when it comes to reading you have the skills of a 3rd grader. You chose to disregard the warning of that sale, and again you chose to not read the comic sale. You think that because you failed to read the disclosures that I am to blame.

No, you are. You didn't read the grades of that sale, and you didn't read when to expect them.

AND, I even looked back at your order and the mylar order, you remember, the one where I said they wouldn't ship until the end of the summer, yeah, that one, it shipped on August 27th.

OHHH GEEE... END OF SUMMER!!!!!

quoting to show the tool that you are

and yes, I get my supplies from Hotfilps :P