• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just received a PM from one of our Probation List members...

'Dear Sir:

I notice sometimes when I post a comment, you'll follow up with a derrogative

remark in reference to not purchasing a few books. I spoke to CGC directly

today and notified them of such behavior. I notice it's not only you but a few

others as well. They said I should notify you and let you know that I don't

appreciate the comments.

I'm also following up with the parties involved.'

Clearly terrified by the implied thread of severe Moderator action, I responded thus...

'I really don't care how you feel. You have reneged on good faith agreements, broken trust and behaved like a general low life. I will continue to point this out where I am able as a warning to others of your poor manners and abysmal business practices.

A man's word should be his bond, and without it he has nothing.

See you in the threads! :hi:'

...and also thought I'd share. :grin:

No names, though. Thought I'd leave that to y'all to figure out. hm

FT... I don't really appreciate you posting my PMs to you in front of everyone... they are called private for a reason

:jokealert:

TFL or BucOne?

Those were my two runners up. Okay, so I care a teeny tiny bit.

My money's on TFL ...

Better your money than his, you wouldn't be able to collect if it was his.

TFL or BucOne?

My money's on TFL ...

My money's on BucOne. TFL doesn't seem to give a mess when people comment about him.

'Dear Sir:

appreciate the comments.

Clearly terrified by the implied thread of severe Moderator action, I responded thus...

'I really don't care how you feel. You have reneged on good faith agreements, broken trust and behaved like a general low life. I will continue to point this out where I am able as a warning to others of your poor manners and abysmal business practices.

You GO, FT. Don't you let those bad ole Probi's intimidate you! :sumo:

:baiting:

'Dear Sir:

appreciate the comments.

:applause:

'Dear Sir:

appreciate the comments.

Bondage.

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

TFL or BucOne?

My money's on TFL ...

My money's on BucOne. TFL doesn't seem to give a mess when people comment about him.

Oh yes he does ;)

I noticed (worship)

Just thought I'd move this into here.

Ok guys... I've been having an issue and I'm going to vent it all to you in warning...

So I sold almost my entire collection back in July/August, because I needed quick liquid cash to pay for vet bills.

Well, I sold 3500 raw books and almost all of my slabs to one buyer, Vin . He didn't have much in the way of references on the boards, but provided me with other websites and his username and his ebay feedback.

We agreed on a total of $2100 paid in time payments of 300-400 per week and books would be shipped after half was received. We agree that I will ship when he's paid 50% (my first mistake) He went ahead and sent $1000 the first week and $300 the next so that I would go ahead and ship the books. He asked that I ship him the 26 boxes of raw and CGC comics to him through his fedex account to Canada. I was more than happy to oblige.

All of the raw comics make it and the CGC boxes get held up at customs. Once the buyer gets the CGC boxes, I get an e-mail saying that 10 of the 79 CGC slabs have been cracked. Wanting to be a good seller I tell him to take $10 for each cracked slab he listed (and understand this is more than he even paid for them, but I'm trying to do the right thing). He sends me a PM saying thanks.

Well, then that 300-400 per week quickly became $100 every other week, which was fine because I was still getting paid. But then those payments stopped to. I then got a PM from him on 9/23 that he was going through some personal issues and would be late with that payment. I told him that due to his personal issues, it would be ok for that payment to be late. At this time of that PM, he's only paid me $1500 of the $2000 (with the $100 discount I gave him).

So right now I'm still due $500 from him and to top it off I'm having to fight a $260 FedEx bill that I received from the shippment on his account.

What makes it worse is I've heard from other board members that he is making purchases through PMs after that time as well.

I think Vin should be added to the probation list until he gets everyone that he owes money to paid.

I hate to do this and not sure how this works but everyone deserves a heads up.

I purchased a comic from LBJARM and paid on Sept 1st. He told me on the 25th that he shipped and added a raw copy for the delay (no problem). He sent a second e-mail apologizing and offered to find me any comic I might be missing. This was not necessary but appreciated so no worries.

On Oct 19th when the comic had not arrived I asked again. He replied that the comic will ship soon.

I filed with MC last week. I waited 2 full months and still have no confirmation that it's been sent.

I was unsure whether to post here until I saw he started a sales thread.

why do you have a $260 fedex bill?

and why ship before being paid in full?

why do you have a $260 fedex bill?

Because the charges for shipping were originally denied by the account I was given to bill them to and I was charged $10 for each box in the shipment because of that.

and why ship before being paid in full?

1) because I trusted people from the boards

2) I've done quite a bit of deals away from the boards that are half up front/half on delivery. I've since ammended this due to this transaction.