• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I sent this guy a PM before I posted the take it on the Gen x lot. It was only after my questions that I decided to go for it on one of the lots.

I told him I was going to post for the Gen x lot and I wanted to maximize my shipping. I asked him if he had any other titles and I listed about 10 others. One by one he told me that the only books he had had been spoken for or that he didn't have anything for that particular title.

What puzzles me know, if he were only out to scam...why not just tell me that he had a few of the others to see if he could get my more of my $? ???

This is exactly the type of conversations I've had with him. He seemed somewhat legit with our conversations (though still suspicious). Why go through all the trouble of listing missing issues, telling people you don't have certain sets, etc?

Well, things don't always start out as a scam. :sorry:

I think that about nails it. Something happened... perhaps he found another buyer elsewhere?

And with all this said....

I still hope he comes through for all of us. He has time to make things right, be it a refund or our books.

:o you mean a newbie with one post ended up to be a scammer!!! Who ever saw that coming.

(Trooper in a good mood)

Shouldn't you be playing some X Box? :baiting:

Finished ME 1 & 2 started on Fallout 3 (my 2nd time playing it) But alas, still at work.

I sent this guy a PM before I posted the take it on the Gen x lot. It was only after my questions that I decided to go for it on one of the lots.

I told him I was going to post for the Gen x lot and I wanted to maximize my shipping. I asked him if he had any other titles and I listed about 10 others. One by one he told me that the only books he had had been spoken for or that he didn't have anything for that particular title.

What puzzles me know, if he were only out to scam...why not just tell me that he had a few of the others to see if he could get my more of my $? ???

This is exactly the type of conversations I've had with him. He seemed somewhat legit with our conversations (though still suspicious). Why go through all the trouble of listing missing issues, telling people you don't have certain sets, etc?

Well, things don't always start out as a scam. :sorry:

I think that about nails it. Something happened... perhaps he found another buyer elsewhere?

And with all this said....

I still hope he comes through for all of us. He has time to make things right, be it a refund or our books.

The one and only time I have ever had any trouble with purchase from a board the same thing happened. The guy had an ad for TPB. He has some I needed and I provided him with a list of several others I was looking for. He picked a few from my list stating he had them. I think he started off with good intentions but once he had the money in hand just didn't want to follow through.

I question if the guy ever had any of the books but eventually I got two separate shipments because I am such a lovely person to deal with. :luhv: I never received all the items I paid for and just dropped it because I did get at least 2/3 of the books.

Ok guys I had to come on here after I heard about this thread. I am very sorry for all of this. I know I messed up and let some of the things I need to ship go WAY too long and without communication after I got back from Michigan.

I was basically embarassed and just wanted to PM everyone individually this weekend and get everything out this coming week and refunds if needs be on friday when I get paid.

Please don't hold this against my girlfriend...this has absolutely nothing to do with her. If anything she just yelled at me and told me I have to go on here and fix everything.

Like I said, mostly just embarassed so I stayed away until I had the means to ship everything. Not going to go into the entire thing about why my life halfway sucks but with both of us losing our cars, it's been a struggle just to get both of us to work. And with bills and an upcoming court date for some old collections debt, I've just been depressed and trying to figure everything out. Things are looking a lot better though and without my girlfriend I'd literally have nothing good going on right now.

I will PM everyone I still owe and get this settled with tracking numbers this week. I have no intentions of ripping anyone off and running...like where am I going to run? lol I really have no interest in this forum after getting this taken care of but my girlfriend does, and I don't want to ruin it for her.

So please, if you guys can be gracious enough to give me this week to fix things, I promise you will won't be discussing this anymore very soon other than to say it's all set. Again very very sorry. I don't want to bore people with details of woe so I'll leave it at that.

Hope when I get this squared away I can be forgiven.

So has anyone received what they purchased ? Ive only got an unread pm :(

Ok guys I had to come on here after I heard about this thread. I am very sorry for all of this. I know I messed up and let some of the things I need to ship go WAY too long and without communication after I got back from Michigan.

I was basically embarassed and just wanted to PM everyone individually this weekend and get everything out this coming week and refunds if needs be on friday when I get paid.

Please don't hold this against my girlfriend...this has absolutely nothing to do with her. If anything she just yelled at me and told me I have to go on here and fix everything.

Like I said, mostly just embarassed so I stayed away until I had the means to ship everything. Not going to go into the entire thing about why my life halfway sucks but with both of us losing our cars, it's been a struggle just to get both of us to work. And with bills and an upcoming court date for some old collections debt, I've just been depressed and trying to figure everything out. Things are looking a lot better though and without my girlfriend I'd literally have nothing good going on right now.

I will PM everyone I still owe and get this settled with tracking numbers this week. I have no intentions of ripping anyone off and running...like where am I going to run? lol I really have no interest in this forum after getting this taken care of but my girlfriend does, and I don't want to ruin it for her.

So please, if you guys can be gracious enough to give me this week to fix things, I promise you will won't be discussing this anymore very soon other than to say it's all set. Again very very sorry. I don't want to bore people with details of woe so I'll leave it at that.

doh!

Forget it, he's a deadbeat. He is on the probation list where he belongs.

What gets me is he spent a lot of time smearing 2 other boardies before he did this. I will take my lumps for not seeing he was a potential problem.

Edited by slabthistoo

What gets me is he spent a lot of time smearing 2 other boardies before he did this. I will take my lumps for not seeing he was a potential problem.

It's understanding that people run into problems once in a while. That much can be forgiven. But to not ship books originally, come on here and say he'll take care of everything and then turn around and not ship the books again is truly unforgivable.

It's understanding that people run into problems once in a while. That much can be forgiven. But to not ship books originally, come on here and say he'll take care of everything and then turn around and not ship the books again is truly unforgivable.

+1

Like Shark say's we all get sidetracked with personal krap, it happens. But one thing has nothing to do with another. Its not hard to put books in the mail. These boards have helped many a people out over the years, and I'm sure would have helped here to if there was a problem. I really hope everyone gets their stuff.

DRX

Edited by DRX

I was told mine was shipped on 08/06/10. I asked many times for a tracking number to make sure i know when to expect it but unfortunately no tracking number is provided. It was sent to my PO box, so i'm hoping to report back to you guys within the next 7 days with an update

No kidding...he was definitely in attack dog mode in the threads about that old Detective Comic that involved his friend and I believe Dr. Frankenstein's (may not have that name quite right) meltdown. Hate to get all Freudian, but PROJECT much there? Almost Jimmy Swaggart like in magnitude :(

TheDamnable has no enemies. He's only intensely disliked by his friends... who are waiting for their refunds.

When he leaves, we'll always have his posts to reminisce how well he handled himself in a situation when someone deigns to change their mind and give a refund.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3981209&Search=true#Post3981209

He seems like a nice guy, but where the hell is he? That was NOT a smart move hiding in a bunker and hoping that the smoke clears. Kind of cowardly if you ask me.

I have to agree, Dan. Only a weak individual would commit to selling an item, then disappear and not follow up to clear up the situation.

:applause:

Wait. Is one of those, "Do as I say - not as I do" statements?

:sorry: