• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I want to know whose bright idea it was to give a child a name with a hyphen in the middle.

[/img]

Jeezus that's racist. It's an urban myth in the simple version. The addition of the last line falls into flat out bigotry.

Beat me to it.

Wow.

So let me get this straight: if someone gives their child a name that you find unusual, and speaks the language using cultural and regional conventions rather than the King's English, they are

- stupid

- undeserving of the right to vote

- unworthy of having children

- undeserving of welfare (you'll have to explain what connects the naming of children with a system to mitigate poverty)

- undeserving of compassion

- subjects for ridicule

Heaven forbid that not all Americans think alike, speak alike, look alike, and name their children alike. One can only wonder what you think of Americans whose parents were born in another country.

+1

That whole thing is very racist and unnecessary.

I want to know whose bright idea it was to give a child a name with a hyphen in the middle.

[/img]

Jeezus that's racist. It's an urban myth in the simple version. The addition of the last line falls into flat out bigotry.

Beat me to it.

+1

1otSX.png

I think that story is very sad. Naming your kids with weird names is very dumb.

The last line doesn't suggest prejudice to me. It made me think of the large number of people we have read about from the Katrina disaster, people who were given free lodging in hotels etc, and destroyed them. I didn't take that last line to mean a certain race is all like that, or even somewhat they way. That kind of person exists in every race and country in the world.

I read it to mean that there are a lot of extremely stupid people(no color or other stereotype) in this world, and here they are allowed to vote. I don't hate those people, or suggest any serious bad thing befall them. But I do wish we could stop them from voting, and stop giving them more welfare as a reward for having another child. That is not prejudice, but it is a fair judgment about the value of their vote and our welfare system.

Wow. More hatred.

Dan

Kellam -

Sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully it is just a case of slow boardies. Things are fairly relaxed around here from your typical 'professional' business standpoint. Some take quite a while to pay, and many take a while to get the product shipped out the door.

If it helps any, you may wish to check references with boardies who you have had successful dealing with.

:foryou:

Mike

I feel embarressed to say this but it's actually 3 sellers. Was holding off on the third guy cause he told me he was going to ship today and the. Give me tracking number. Well I haven't recieved any number or even a message

I hope none of you sellers will consider blacklisting me because of these potential 3 issues and loss of upwards $600-$700 that has financially hurt me. I'm an honest guy just getting to my wits end. Waiting over a month and having little to no response to pms then seeing that these members are active daily like its an average day at the office bothers me

So I will wait for a response from them if I don't hear anything back in a few days I will "call them out". Here's hoping the forum has a newbies back and not a member that's been on here for years. We will see

Thanks

Kellam

This isn't cause I'm Canadian is it?

I am flabbergasted that boardies are even coming out in support of that picture or trying to rationalize it with their opinion in any way..

Put em in the "Burn the witch" queue! :banana:

:gossip: You just did the same exact thing, didn't you?

I am flabbergasted that boardies are even coming out in support of that picture or trying to rationalize it with their opinion in any way..

Put em in the "Burn the witch" queue! :banana:

:gossip: You just did the same exact thing, didn't you?

certainly, because what I collect is the shizzle and what you collect is the SUX! :banana:

I have give links to this page to all three board members as well as a new pm and for the ones I had personal emails I sent those as well.. They have till tonight to give a response or I will escliate. I appreciate everyone's help..and understand some ppls frustrations in why i didnt give out names first. As I have recently come to understand is that the majority of you raise money for fallen members or ones in dire situations that is admirable and I didnt want to turn it into a "witch hunt" if it didnt need to go that far, that was my reasoning.

The rationalization bothers me, too. It's a defensive action that I would like to think is generated from embarrassment rather than seeking to justify an unjustifiable position.

I am glad to see a mostly general condemnation of what I hope was a "What was I thinking?" moment.

But then again witness the responses if one draws attention to a sexist or homophobic comment or photo. (shrug) It's still generally open season for posting a picture of a real woman and insulting her based upon her physical appearance -- usually through the approval or condemnation of her body parts or through the use of ephemisms for a poster's fantasy of having sex with her.

The defences are usually something along the line of lighten up or that she was asking for it for being out in public and letting her picture taken.

There are still those that have a difficult time understanding that they are degrading a real person for their own amusement -- someone's daughter or sister or mother.