• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Good God, isn't one thread bashing me enough?

The minimum order was $20. Shipping cost is never part of an order. In fact, sometimes shipping costs are dependent on the size of your order (i.e., shipping is free with an order over $50).

I did make a mistake. It won't happen again.

I've tried to set it right financially.

Personally...and completely honestly...if this had happened to me over an $18 purchase I'd have informed the noob of their mistake and went on with my life.

That's the beauty about these boards. It may seem nitpicky, but none of the shenangians that happen on Ebay, Craigslist or other places happen here (at least, very often) and it's because people are diligent and have standards they expect sellers to meet.

Yes, you're a new guy, but hopefully you can navigate through this and come through it, because on the flipside of nerd outrage, Boardies here appreciate when buyers/sellers make things right. This is a community, not just a place to sell books - everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but members here like to see them rectified.

Signed up: Feb 26, 2012

Dont worry you are just the flavor of the moment, the Probation Thread will long outlive your botched transaction.

Side point, and Weekend gets to do what he wants, but has anyone else seen a "minimum" requirement in sales threads here? Cause I dont remember seeing any, and that includes some peoples $1/book threads....

Again, Weekend gets to do what he wants, its his thread...

I just think most buyers here arent thinking "minimums" when they start buying (and there's nothing saying he wasnt going to buy more.... and was waiting to see what else was offered in the thread)

Dont worry you are just the flavor of the moment, the Probation Thread will long outlive your botched transaction.

Side point, and Weekend gets to do what he wants, but has anyone else seen a "minimum" requirement in sales threads here? Cause I dont remember seeing any, and that includes some peoples $1/book threads....

I just think most buyers here arent thinking "minimums" when they start buying (and there's nothing saying he wasnt going to buy more.... and was waiting to see what else was offered in the thread)

I've not seen anyone offer a minimum amount to buy before in a thread. With that said, if there is a minimum the seller must state that shipping is not part of that minimum. With my $18 i'll take it, I included shipping to account for an over $20 purchase, thus meeting his ridiculous requirement.

The minimum order was $20. Shipping cost is never part of an order. In fact, sometimes shipping costs are dependent on the size of your order (i.e., shipping is free with an order over $50).

Personally...and completely honestly...if this had happened to me over an $18 purchase I'd have informed the noob of their mistake and went on with my life.

The isssue is with shipping it is over $20. And, i'm not buying the book from ebay. If you want to sell me the other WD 43 you have for sale on ebay and sell it here...I will take it and let it go.

AND the price isn't the issue...it's the fact you aren't following the selling rules here.

What I'm reading is that you're not really interested in being "made whole" at this point. You want to punish me. Let the moderators decide if my actions warranted punishment. I've offered to make up the difference. You told me you don't even want to accept it. So it's not about money or comics, is it? I don't want to send you anything because you are demonstrating behavior that isn't rational. I feel that no matter what I send you, you'll have an issue with it, so I prefer to let you deal with someone else. And I do that voluntarily, because you didn't follow instructions on my sales thread.

There are bad sellers. But there are also bad buyers, and you're proving yourself to be one by perpetuating this. Let it go.

I've not seen anyone offer a minimum amount to buy before in a thread. With that said, if there is a minimum the seller must state that shipping is not part of that minimum. With my $18 i'll take it, I included shipping to account for an over $20 purchase, thus meeting his ridiculous requirement.

Did you notice the minimum before you took the book?

One person only took one $10 book in and nothing else in the thread itself. Don't know if he bought anything else.

Black Beetle 0. This one got roughed up, and was VF/NM before I got it. But it's cheap. $10 with any other purchase

:takeit:

Also the first post was revised this morning, what was that revision?

Did you notice the minimum before you took the book?

One person only took one $10 book in and nothing else in the thread itself. Don't know if he bought anything else.

Black Beetle 0. This one got roughed up, and was VF/NM before I got it. But it's cheap. $10 with any other purchase

:takeit:

Also the first post was revised this morning, what was that revision?

I did notice the minimum and factored in shipping costs $3. That's $21 and over his minimum.

The isssue is with shipping it is over $20. And, i'm not buying the book from ebay. If you want to sell me the other WD 43 you have for sale on ebay and sell it here...I will take it and let it go.

AND the price isn't the issue...it's the fact you aren't following the selling rules here.

What I'm reading is that you're not really interested in being "made whole" at this point. You want to punish me. Let the moderators decide if my actions warranted punishment. I've offered to make up the difference. You told me you don't even want to accept it. So it's not about money or comics, is it? I don't want to send you anything because you are demonstrating behavior that isn't rational. I feel that no matter what I send you, you'll have an issue with it, so I prefer to let you deal with someone else. And I do that voluntarily, because you didn't follow instructions on my sales thread.

There are bad sellers. But there are also bad buyers, and you're proving yourself to be one by perpetuating this. Let it go.

I'm not letting it go because if I do, you could do this to others on the forum. That's the purpose of the probation list. To prevent people doing things like this.

I'm not looking to be made whole. I was hoping you would do the right thing and sell me the book you listed. Seems that's not happening.

I'll let the boards decide. My vote is for probation.

Like have a boardie purchase a book from another ebayer, seems he sold his copy on ebay, while listing it here too?

I sent him a link to another seller with the same book in the same condition. It cost more, so I told him I'd paypal the difference. This, despite the fact that my sales terms were clear on minimum order size.

He wanted me to go buy that book, receive it, and then sell it to him. (Essentially incurring double postage and time and trouble)

I reiterated that he should send me his paypal address and I'll send him $5 (difference between the two books) to address his grievance and asked him to never try to buy anything from me again. There is such a thing as a "bad buyer" and I can't trust that the guy would create more problems for me after receiving the book. He likes to whine.

I know that I'm far, far, FAR AND AWAY, more forgiving when people make mistakes. It's lots of fun to kick a guy when he's down, isn't it? It's not like I cheated anyone. It's not like the guy won't get the book he wants for the price he's willing to pay. There was no malicious intent on my part....just a lack of knowledge of the rules.

At this point, there is no way I can sell anything here on this thread. Was hoping to make some funds for Megacon, because I'm a comicbook collector and I enjoy reading and collecting them.

Like have a boardie purchase a book from another ebayer, seems he sold his copy on ebay, while listing it here too?

come on, you seriously think I meant to apply that statement to everything? In context surely you understand that I meant that Weekend has the right to set his sale rules (ie a minimum purchase amount)

Listing a book that was also on ebay is a big no-no of course.

Making it right in a very round about way is also a mess, and not the way to do things.(We buy here so we can AVOID ebay!)

He should have cancelled the ebay sale, or said the one book was no longer available, and sold it as intended her on the boards.

And if i'm being harsh...people will tell me so.

Maybe a little, but the responses you are getting is making it a worse problem than just selling a book on ebay and here.

Maybe a little, but the responses you are getting is making it a worse problem than just selling a book on ebay and here.

Also its a bit of an unusual case considering there were competing completed deals (in essence). 99% of the time when someone lists a book here that's on ebay they de-list it on ebay and the problem becomes moot.

come on, you seriously think I meant to apply that statement to everything? In context surely you understand that I meant that Weekend has the right to set his sale rules (ie a minimum purchase amount)

Listing a book that was also on ebay is a big no-no of course.

Making it right in a very round about way is also a mess, and not the way to do things.(We buy here so we can AVOID ebay!)

He should have cancelled the ebay sale, or said the one book was no longer available, and sold it as intended her on the boards.

I know. I didn't mean for my post to look like I was reflecting anger on your post. :)

That's very true.

Also its a bit of an unusual case considering there were competing completed deals (in essence). 99% of the time when someone lists a book here that's on ebay they de-list it on ebay and the problem becomes moot.

It kind of points out WHY the rule about a book ONLY being for sale here, and no where is makes a lot of sense.

I was not so sure years ago, but since this is a free marketing place, it makes sense to play by the rules.

This is indeed, becoming very convoluted.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Donna.
:blush: I didn't know you cared.

Seriously, I wouldn't let this bother you. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the rules now, and it won't happen again. If it does, I will be back. :insane:

He doesn't realize your name really isn't Donna :baiting:

He wanted to cuddle with you later. :cloud9:

:P

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin:

Straight to third base?

Edited by thehumantorch

Seriously, I wouldn't let this bother you. I'm pretty sure you are aware of the rules now, and it won't happen again. If it does, I will be back. :insane:

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin: [/quote

Straight to third base?

I HOPE this is a quote fail

If I have to come back, I can assure you, there will be no cuddling. :grin: [/quote

Straight to third base?

I HOPE this is a quote fail

It is.

Mark, I think you're being a bit harsh. If I'm reading this right it's mostly a misunderstanding as to the minimum including shipping or not. Do you believe the seller meant to deceive or harm anyone?