• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

isn't standing by your kudos just standing by a thread where people have to write positive things about you?

That made no sense. Surely if I ever had or have a bad transaction, someone would post it in my kudos.

:facepalm:

Jimmy is correct, its Kudos not feedback

(tsk) Writing naughty stuff is not allowed :(

Ok then what does someone do when they need to leave a feedback instead of kudos then?? Probation?

3) Being Placed On The PL

a) After a 72-hour waiting period, if the accused does not respond they will be placed on the PL.

b) If the accused responds in the Probation Discussion Thread and it is determined the conditions of the transaction was not met, they will be added to the PL.

c) If the accused is not available during that 72-hour period and is placed on the PL, they are free to later respond in the Probation Discussion Thread and present their side.

d) If the accused has not responded in the Probation Discussion Thread but continues to post on the boards, a reply can be made informing them they are being considered for placement on the PL.

4) Removal From The PL

a) If the accuser requests the accused be removed form the PL, the accused will be removed.

b) If the accused makes full restitution to the satisfaction of the accuser, the accused will be removed from the PL.

c) If multiple accusers are involved, and full restitution is satisfactorily made to all accusers, the accused will be removed from the PL.

Seems to me like things can be worked out, as long as you and the accuser discuss it. Maybe I am wrong, I'm new to this.

Not asking about the actual probation itself. I understand how it works.

I am asking what to do if someone takes too long but you did get the product in the end and not looking to pursue probation.

I am asking for my future reference because I have been in Jop's position before. I am just more laid back.

I am guessing that is exactly what probation is for.

Anyways, she should be on by the weekend and received her stuff by then. So I will check back to confirm that she did cancel the chargeback and cancel the request to put me on the list.

Thank you guys.

Brian

Anyways, she should be on by the weekend and received her stuff by then.

I didn't know Jop was female. lol

Not that is matters one bit, just surprised by the pronoun. :)

I am not sure either. My bad if not. Just going off the name I got for his/her mailing address.

Edited by MrDeafComics

I am asking what to do if someone takes too long but you did get the product in the end and not looking to pursue probation.

I am asking for my future reference because I have been in Jop's position before. I am just more laid back.

Anyways, she should be on by the weekend and received her stuff by then. So I will check back to confirm that she did cancel the chargeback and cancel the request to put me on the list.

Thank you guys.

Brian

That's the tough part about feedback on here - there is no way people can register any opinion other than a positive one.

Thank you guys.

Brian

That's the tough part about feedback on here - there is no way people can register any opinion other than a positive one.

Gotcha. Thank you.

isn't standing by your kudos just standing by a thread where people have to write positive things about you?

That made no sense. Surely if I ever had or have a bad transaction, someone would post it in my kudos.

It even says in the kudos forum that only positive transactions are to be commented on.

-slym

Thank you guys.

Brian

Gotcha. Thank you.

I can understand getting busy and getting behind but I suspect JOP would have been much more understanding if you'd done a better job communicating. Glad the items have shipped and looking forward to this getting resolved.

Thank you guys.

Brian

Gotcha. Thank you.

I can understand getting busy and getting behind but I suspect JOP would have been much more understanding if you'd done a better job communicating. Glad the items have shipped and looking forward to this getting resolved.

Of course it was my bad communication and I should have checked in. I am not denying anything.

Jop has answered my PM's and he/she will remove me from the list as soon as books are in his/her hands.

We are on 36th day of the transaction.

Thank you all for quick responses.

Edited by MrDeafComics

I need to make a public apology for an err on my part to jsilverjanet

There was miscommunication about a potential sale that I thought he wasn't interested in and thus I had offered it to another buyer for less who agreed and then claimed in on the thread.

Reading back on the history, I realized on my part that he was actually interested and I just never sent him my paypal midst the conversations we were having.

Obviously this isn't something I neither intended nor wanted to have happened and I believe there is no longer interest in the book.

If you have suggestions or would like to comment on what course of action I should do, please let me know what I should do as I know this was a bad mistake.

Edited by heymikesays

I would like to nominate MrDeafComics for release from the Probation List.

The books I had ordered arrived this afternoon....the sketch was missing but that is not important

Books have arrived in good condition. I will be contacting my bank on Monday to let them know.

I would like to nominate MrDeafComics for release from the Probation List.

The books I had ordered arrived this afternoon....the sketch was missing but that is not important

Books have arrived in good condition. I will be contacting my bank on Monday to let them know.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Removed.

So unfortunately I have a probation nomination against chriswALKEN.

The thread purchased from is http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316029&Number=7081537#Post7081537

I'm just going to paste our conversation from PM to be as specific and accurate as possible.

10/23 me:Could you do 325 shipped on that x-men lot?

10/23 chris:How about 335 speed if you're able to pay soon, I'm looking for payment by Friday, or sooner.

Thank you for the interest

Chris

Sorry i meant shipped not speed

10/23 me:yeah, that works. my paypal email is ajulliay@yahoo.com

I can pay today

10/24 chris:Excellent,if you want to send $335 over to my paypal address: ca.wahl@gmail.com, we can get this deal wrapped up and these books shipped out \(thumbs u

10/24 me:payment sent. and that issue 97 and the annual are gonna be in with the lot, right?

10/28 me:hey. have the books been shipped / any tracking info? Thanks

11/2 chris:I just wanted to contact you and apologize for the delay, I've had some difficulties over the past week and have just gotten back on track as of yesterday which explains my absence from the boards . Everything is packaged and good to go, I'm getting it out priority Monday morning so it should be there by midweek since priority is usually 2-3 shipping time.

I thank you again for the purchase, every sale helps out and I appreciate it

Chris

11/2 me:no worries. thanks for the update

11/9 me:hey, do you have the tracking info for the package?

11/12 me:Hey man, I feel I've been more than patient with you shipping the books out, but as of yet I still have not received the package or any tracking info. You said it would be shipped out last Monday, so it should have been here by now if it had been.

Since there's been no response to the message I sent you 3 days ago, I'm going to have to file a claim with paypal if you don't respond and can't prove you've actually sent the package.

11/12 chris:Im not going to make excuses or anything, I let some things get in the way of me getting the package out and from one collector to another, or even as one person to another, I apologize. I guarantee that the books will be in your hands soon I want to say Saturday at the latest. I know free extra comics won't make up for my delays but I hope it helps. I said no excuses but I can do explanations. I also wanted to say that i did not mean to ingore your message from three days ago, I did not see anything until this message notified me.

I thank you for your patience and generosity

Chris

11/12 me:I appreciate the honesty. If you could send me the tracking number when you have it, that would be great. Thanks

-Andre

11/16 me:Hey Chris. I got the books today. Look good, and I appreciate the extras.

But there are 3 books from the listing that were not included that were supposed to be. 131, 213, and 381 variant.

11/16 chris:Im really sorry about that, I actually found another stack that was going to you, they're in there I must have slipped them when trying to secure its packaging. I will get them out Monday I give you my word. I'm off from work that day. I'm glad they got to you in one piece and that you seem satisfied. I wish circumstances had allowed me to take care of this sooner, but things are getting better. I thank you once again for your patience.

Thank you,

Chris

11/16 me: cool deal. I'll be on the lookout for them. (unread)

11/22 me:hey chris. I was wondering if you had a chance to send those books out monday, and if you had any tracking info? Thanks (unread)

Just now (11/24) from me to him - This transaction has now taken more than 30 days. I've been understanding of whatever you have going on in your personal life, but at this point I have no other option than to involve 3rd parties. I have filed a claim with paypal, and will be posting the details of this in the probation forum.

If you cannot complete this transaction, I'm more than willing to send back the books you have already sent. At this point, I just want the transaction to be finished one way or the other.