• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There have been instances in the past where people didn't get their stuff, or someone bailed because their SS was in another country. As appears to be the case here, others have always stepped up.

This may be a perfect opportunity to set up a non-sales-transaction bad actor list.

SABOD-LIST...for short.

:cloud9:

I'll never understand some of this bleeding heart mentality on the boards. I get that some of you want to find the best in people, which is a wonderful trait. But that's wholly different from just ignoring facts. Jop messed up and is now.

In the two months since the holiday raffle, he started I think 7 sales threads, sold over $1k, and spent for himself over $300 (which would've been more than enough to cover shipping of all the raffle items he offered). He's also been participating in discussions all over the boards, with no hint or mention of distress from what I could see.

So the excuse here of 'personal issues' and the one he gave Lance of 'broke ' just don't fly. I get people have lives outside of the boards, that unfortunately can get bad. But to use the personal issue excuse to cherry pick how it affects your actions on the boards is extremely disingenuous.

Sometimes this analysis is right, and sometimes it is wrong. I think what you have been hearing is a lot of people hoping that he will make everything right. I don't know him, but the fact that he can't get to his comics (and possibly his money) is a pretty telling sign that there is real-life trouble in River City.

How he responds to this will, in large part, govern how the mob responds. I hope everyone gets what they are supposed to get and that some sort of amicable resolution takes place.

I get what you guys are saying. I'm sure he is having personal issues, which sucks. But he completed every other transaction in between 'send out free stuff' and 'personal issues'. (shrug)

He needs to post and explain...I just PMed him again, I hope he will...but sometimes there are emotional things that people have trouble discussing in an open forum.

I don't think he's had transaction problems, and I saw an attempt to be very generous, but sometimes stuff happens.

As far as a non transactional list goes, I'd welcome that...can we also make people stand in the corner if they "curse"?

I get what you guys are saying. I'm sure he is having personal issues, which sucks. But he completed every other transaction in between 'send out free stuff' and 'personal issues'. (shrug)

He needs to post and explain...I just PMed him again, I hope he will...but sometimes there are emotional things that people have trouble discussing in an open forum.

I don't think he's had transaction problems, and I saw an attempt to be very generous, but sometimes stuff happens.

As far as a non transactional list goes, I'd welcome that...can we also make people stand in the corner if they "curse"?

. I'm never getting out of the corner.

. I'm never getting out of the corner.

I would also have about 45 months in the f-ing corner.

I started out as a spork person but have been gradually upgrading to pitchfork's ! Hard to find high grade pitchforks !

That said I have noticed that there is a varying standard on this forum in regards to latitude a person gets. If your well known or popular you can get away with quite a bit more than John-Q-Public

I'll never understand some of this bleeding heart mentality on the boards. I get that some of you want to find the best in people, which is a wonderful trait. But that's wholly different from just ignoring facts. Jop messed up and is now.

In the two months since the holiday raffle, he started I think 7 sales threads, sold over $1k, and spent for himself over $300 (which would've been more than enough to cover shipping of all the raffle items he offered). He's also been participating in discussions all over the boards, with no hint or mention of distress from what I could see.

So the excuse here of 'personal issues' and the one he gave Lance of 'broke ' just don't fly. I get people have lives outside of the boards, that unfortunately can get bad. But to use the personal issue excuse to cherry pick how it affects your actions on the boards is extremely disingenuous.

I think this is the point of the whole thing. I would have never brought any of this up had it not been for this.

I think this is the point of the whole thing. I would have never brought any of this up had it not been for this.

Lance, you are definitely the aggrieved party in all this. You had every right to bring it up, regardless of the highlighted stuff. As I said before, I hope jop gets himself straightened out and makes it right. It will be more complicated now as other Boardies have stepped into the breach. You haven't done anything wrong.

I started out as a spork person but have been gradually upgrading to pitchfork's ! Hard to find high grade pitchforks !

That said I have noticed that there is a varying standard on this forum in regards to latitude a person gets. If your well known or popular you can get away with quite a bit more than John-Q-Public

Which is how it should be ... if you've spent the time to build up a reputation here on the boards, have been involved in the community, etc, why should you not deserve the benefit of the doubt more than a fly-by-night flipper?

An open letter to the CGC boards and members from jop.

I have been having issues since xmas time 1st with a very unexpected truck repair that was a couple of thousand dollars more than expected. That alone put me so truly behind the 8 ball financially that yes, I could not even afford postage to send out items to the winners as I refused to send out 1 persons' if I could not send out all of them.

I no longer have access to well over 90% + of my books at this time and no way of knowing when it will be permitted.

I had spoken and sent out a blanket message regarding this to all of the winners. 2 responded . 1 was Lance and I am sorry but right now I can not remember the other party's name. 1 person who answered said "don't worry about it we all go through issues" and the other said "just sell my things and help yourself."

I do NOT want that and told them so. My word has always been a huge thing with me so much that I have" honor" tattooed on my neck. My word means so much more to me than most of you could even imagine, but the ability to access and make people whole at the moment is impossible.

I did sell things and bought other books. I lost money on every single sale just to be able to pay off the bill on my vehicle. The books purchased were bought for others that wanted them and those people gave me a small finders fee to basically live on. I apologize if that makes some of you angry or mad.

Things are very personal and I will NOT discuss the issues on a public internet chat board. I have mentioned certain things to people over the months . They were people I knew with whom I at least feel more comfortable speaking and talking about things.

If any of the participants would like more detailed information then I will explain in more detail because they deserve it

There have been several people who got out of the probation list on technicalities...where they acted so poorly, the seller no longer wanted to complete the transaction (ie, not paying for a month+, and then getting excessively lippy)...and they got off.

So, yes.

Also...jop defended Rupp, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

Maybe a Swear Jar so these make-up gifts can be paid for.

from my post in the CGC Forum Holiday Raffle Thread.

I still haven't got my raffle prize. The person I won from has money issues, but guess what? They have been BUYING comics in sales threads.

I'm just going to forget about the raffle and realize I'm never going to get those sweet Archie books.

Anyone else ever get their prizes from jop?

I did not get mine either.

He stated he was having money problems with things I won't go in to.

I replied that he should keep / sell the books I 'won' (Preacher #1 & FF #52) as they would fetch some coin and help him out.

He replied 'no.....that I made the offers and have a couple of other things to sell.'

I am fortunate to have a steady job (that I hate) but I pay my bills.

I am trying to understand that perhaps others aren't as fortunate...but its a hard go. Bills DO pop up that we don't expect. Vehicle repairs are a pain in the spoon for sure. I have spent $1000 in the past two years on tires alone. It friggin sucks.

Guess just have to sit back and watch.