• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd say expepecting paypal fees without it being mentioned up front isn't kewl. And, I can dig being leary of a new member having a PO not registered to them, and changing things like this.

Dropping F-bombs though, not cool. But, I'd be pretty upset by this scenario too.

:thumbsup:

We are all adults here(most of us) and the use of the "F" word by me was used, from my point of view, since I said it, in a way like one would say "hit the road" or "get out of here".

Also, it was used through e-mail, not this board!! So I don't feel Steve should have even mentioned my use of it.

I would remind you I only "said" it to him after he threatened me with this "non-paying bidder" post.

If the "F" words bother you, I suggest you should "man up".............it's not that bad. :grin:

First, I was told to send payment to a PO BOX in California that was registered to someone other than Steve(the seller).

Second, Steve wanted me to pay via my Paypal "balance"...........I didn't like that either because of the PO BOX scenario and the fact that I had insufficient protection against not receiving the book. With a credit card Paypal payment, I can dispute the charge if I don't get the book.

Third, Steve PM'ed me that he would take a credit card Paypal payment if I split the Paypal fee with him...........now I never do that on this site or Ebay.

So I told Steve that he was making this $60 transaction too "difficult" and I would rather not do business with him on this book.........too many red flags were going off as far as I was concerned. I didn't like having to send money to someone else(he said it is his brother's PO BOX) and I didn't like the "extortion" of him wanting me to cover half of the Paypal fee.

Well, I'm not the arbiter of anything here, but the seller's terms do seem a bit unseemly . . . :whistle:

First, I was told to send payment to a PO BOX in California that was registered to someone other than Steve(the seller).

Second, Steve wanted me to pay via my Paypal "balance"...........I didn't like that either because of the PO BOX scenario and the fact that I had insufficient protection against not receiving the book. With a credit card Paypal payment, I can dispute the charge if I don't get the book.

Third, Steve PM'ed me that he would take a credit card Paypal payment if I split the Paypal fee with him...........now I never do that on this site or Ebay.

So I told Steve that he was making this $60 transaction too "difficult" and I would rather not do business with him on this book.........too many red flags were going off as far as I was concerned. I didn't like having to send money to someone else(he said it is his brother's PO BOX) and I didn't like the "extortion" of him wanting me to cover half of the Paypal fee.

Well, I'm not the arbiter of anything here, but the seller's terms do seem a bit unseemly . . . :whistle:

Were all of these, ahem, "conditions", stated in the sales thread? :whistle:

I think asking for Paypal fees is a definate no-no. There are zero listing fees here. Suck it up. :sumo:

although some buyers around here, will chip in a little extra to help cover the fees :whistle:

I've done that several times. I wouldn't do it if I was asked to though....

I think asking for Paypal fees is a definate no-no. There are zero listing fees here. Suck it up. :sumo:

Agreed... another little turn of the wheel of turning this into a full-on commercial zone and completely getting rid of the community spirit.

If you really want to squeeze every last penny then just don't accept paypal and lose a bunch of potential bidders along the way. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by chromium

I think the more alarming thing is to request sending payment to a P.O. Box listed under someone else's name . . . :whistle:

Call me crazy, but . . . :eek:

Ok, "you're crazy" but are you cool with the whole paypal fees extra after the deal is made (shrug)

I think the more alarming thing is to request sending payment to a P.O. Box listed under someone else's name . . . :whistle:

Ok, "you're crazy" but are you cool with the whole paypal fees extra after the deal is made (shrug)

No, of course not - that's just childish :sumo: Do the math - it's less than a freakin' dollar :insane:

No, of course not - that's just childish :sumo: Do the math - it's less than a freakin' dollar :insane:

No, it isn't so you do the math. :roflmao:

You didn't thank me for calling you "crazy" :tonofbricks:

And we Europeans can't calculate anything that's less than a dollar anymore due to our strong Euro :sorry:

You didn't thank me for calling you "crazy" :tonofbricks:

And we Europeans can't calculate anything that's less than a dollar anymore due to our strong Euro :sorry:

:olol

I find it especially interesting that the Donnelly Brothers, who are known for very aggressive OA pricing, are being so cheap about minor fees, given the listing cost them nothing and the sale was only $60.

If someone wants to negotiate on the price of your book, then I do not see using the paypal fees or whether or not if they will pay by check or MO as part of the negotiation as anything wrong. (shrug)

This is of course before the deal is finalized.