• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm surprised he didn't want a significant discount also... hm

Jim

Isn`t he the one who went on same ridiculous rant about whatever price he wanted to pay is the price someone should be willing to sell to him, because it was "his money", or some similar nonsense? The sheer stupidity of that line of reasoning has continued to stick in my mind for some reason.

Thank you for reminding me. I was getting this guy mixed up with a different Board Member and so this latest revelation was a bit of a shock, but now I've realized that it's old Mister "My Money". doh!

Not all UPS drivers are evil.
They wear brown and those funky shorts.

You're one to talk about funky shorts! lol

FU, bltch

See........., impregnable :baiting:

FU, bltch

What's ya talking about?

I don't want greggy to have my baby! :makepoint:

DEADBEAT Buyer- Glenn / Comcasthawk

after Glenn / Comcasthawk

gave a thumbs up icon to confirm a deal on 03/30/08 08:26 AM

Re: Amazing Adventures #6 discounted price $60 + $1 for insurance.

I even agreed to take paypal (where I would need to pay for added mail tracking) when he did not want to send a check or MO. Then, I even agreed to split the creditcard charge when he said he did not have a paypal balance and wanted to use credit card funding.

He next made up false excuses (that I would not take paypal) and then ignored my emails until I emailed him through aol and finally he replied that he would "rather not complete this transaction, if you don't mind."

I told him that this was not alright since the book was marked sold after his confirmation of a done-deal and that prevented others from buying it.

Glenn's final reply was very unprofessional:

Quoting:

GLENN... "go yourself, OK"..."individual_without_enough_empathy like you" ... "a 'board announcement' is going to bother me?" ... "person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed"

End quoting.

Regards,

Steve

Oh well, here we go again with board drama...............people jumping all over another member without the true facts. If anyone doesn't want to sell to me, that's too bad as I always pay, so it's your loss. I am quick to pay and I have spent thousands of dollars on this board since I joined. If some new member starts talking trash about a member who has been around for years and has bought some expensive books from this board, maybe you should wait until the "accused" has his say.

The problem with this $60 transaction was that I didn't like the way the transaction was being dictated to me by the seller after I agreed to buy the book.

First, I was told to send payment to a PO BOX in California that was registered to someone other than Steve(the seller)..............I didn't like that.

Second, Steve wanted me to pay via my Paypal "balance"...........I didn't like that either because of the PO BOX scenario and the fact that I had insufficient protection against not receiving the book. With a credit card Paypal payment, I can dispute the charge if I don't get the book.

Third, Steve PM'ed me that he would take a credit card Paypal payment if I split the Paypal fee with him...........now I never do that on this site or Ebay.

So I told Steve that he was making this $60 transaction too "difficult" and I would rather not do business with him on this book.........too many red flags were going off as far as I was concerned. I didn't like having to send money to someone else(he said it is his brother's PO BOX) and I didn't like the "extortion" of him wanting me to cover half of the Paypal fee.

I did tell Steve through an outside e-mail to "F" himself AFTER he threatened me with a non-paying bidder post, not before anything else was said between us.

There now you have my side of the story. I may have missed a few things, but there it is in a nutshell from my end.

As for all the Comcasthawk "attacks" and insults that will be posted after this, for your information, I have already fessed up to the incident with October(Andy) many months ago. We shook internet hands and put it behind us. I have since bought many books from him as well as a lot of other people on this site.

If anyone has sold to me, they know a transaction with me is always simple.....post or e-mail a scan of a book..........come to an agreement on the book with shipping............I pay immediately or the next day(via Paypal) or I send payment through the mail.

Yeah, I'm such a bad guy,huh..??

FU, bltch

What's ya talking about?

I don't want greggy to have my baby! :makepoint:

That's not what I heard..., :gossip:

I even agreed to take paypal (where I would need to pay for added mail tracking) when he did not want to send a check or MO. Then, I even agreed to split the creditcard charge when he said he did not have a paypal balance and wanted to use credit card funding.

He next made up false excuses (that I would not take paypal) and then ignored my emails until I emailed him through aol and finally he replied that he would "rather not complete this transaction, if you don't mind."

Am I reading this correctly ? Are you expecting the buyer of your stuff to pay your paypal fees ?

And if so did you mention this upfront in your sales thread ?

Am I reading this correctly ? Are you expecting the buyer of your stuff to pay your paypal fees ?

Some people do ask for paypal fees, but if that wasn't mentioned up front, then that's not fair at all to the accused.

Andy

I'd say expepecting paypal fees without it being mentioned up front isn't kewl. And, I can dig being leary of a new member having a PO not registered to them, and changing things like this.

Dropping F-bombs though, not cool. But, I'd be pretty upset by this scenario too.

:thumbsup:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the seller stated check or money order. No Paypal.

If the buyer wished to alter the terms of payment he probably should have confirmed the details before committing to the purchase (shrug)

Some people do ask for paypal fees, but if that wasn't mentioned up front, then that's not fair at all to the accused.

Andy

I would have gotten fed up with the price rolling too. If the seller couldn't do the original price , then the seller should have backed out. Simply stated " I would rather not do the paypal because of lost fees etc." would have sufficed, leaving the buyer the option to offer more to cover losses. But because the buyer became uneasy with the details and final price fees. Yea I woulda said forget it.

the only problem here is no one has ALL THE FACTS more or less he said / he said an things that where mentioned were all edited to the buyer & seller wanting people to only read what they wanted so you would side with them first or last.

The F-word was used in a manner that shouldn't be used

Edited by razorz707

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the seller stated check or money order. No Paypal.

If the buyer wished to alter the terms of payment he probably should have confirmed the details before committing to the purchase (shrug)

Link please...I went through the seller's thread and couldn't find where he stated he would only accept paypal if the buyer also pays the fees...or even where he states check/MO only.

In exactly what manner should the "f" word be used? lol

According to the monitors:

FU, bltch