• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Also, Trying to figure out the 35% claim on sending money to the states. Western Union charges $5. Paypal is free if Personal and only a few percent if business. A check is free. The highest I've seen is Canadian Post Money order and that is 14%

Huh?

PayPal personal - not free

Postal MO 14%?

Paypal personal is free, but as others pointed out there is the CDN to USD conversion so yes, there is something lost in there (or you can gross up 1%. The postal MO was based off of a $50 MO. Canadian post charges $7 for a money order going to the US. So 7/50=.14*100=14% :)

I don't think the seller should be able to resell the book.

He should send it back to the buyer and still send a full refund.

I'm fine with that. I originally told him to keep it, but he didn't want it. I think by having it in his possession it weakens his case for suing me, so he would rather I keep it. Also if I sent it back to him, it would just take longer for me to be able to refund him. He wants the refund, not the book. Of course, if he has changed his mind I am happy to send it back to him, but it will delay my ability to refund him.

He sent it back to you because he didn't think you'd mess all over his face.

So heres my stance on the whole thing,

Send him the book back (its not yours), and give him back his refund.

You can't sell the book, its not yours to sell.

Keep the book? Than maybe its time to start charging interest.

Also, Trying to figure out the 35% claim on sending money to the states. Western Union charges $5. Paypal is free if Personal and only a few percent if business. A check is free. The highest I've seen is Canadian Post Money order and that is 14%

Huh?

Postal MO 14%?

Paypal personal is free, but as others pointed out there is the CDN to USD conversion so yes, there is something lost in there (or you can gross up 1%. The postal MO was based off of a $50 MO. Canadian post charges $7 for a money order going to the US. So 7/50=.14*100=14% :)

There is a paypal personal cross-border charge not related to any conversion.

I guess if you send $50 increments. The postal MO is a flat fee regardless of the amount up to $1k

Huh?

Postal MO 14%?

paypal personal no fee charged only if you send with paypal balance or checking account.

Green dot moneypak is another cheaper solution for a refund.

I think most check cashing places will sell you a money order for .50 to a $1. I know moneytree does.

Huh?

Postal MO 14%?

paypal personal no fee charged only if you send with paypal balance or checking account.

Green dot moneypak is another cheaper solution for a refund.

I think most check cashing places will sell you a money order for .50 to a $1. I know moneytree does.

Not cross border. There is still a charge for paypal personal using my paypal balance. (thumbs u

I'm fine with that. I originally told him to keep it, but he didn't want it. I think by having it in his possession it weakens his case for suing me, so he would rather I keep it. Also if I sent it back to him, it would just take longer for me to be able to refund him. He wants the refund, not the book. Of course, if he has changed his mind I am happy to send it back to him, but it will delay my ability to refund him.

Well that's really his decision, but as I said he is filing a lawsuit so it is in his best interest that I have the book.

Well that's really his decision, but as I said he is filing a lawsuit so it is in his best interest that I have the book.

Have you been served?

Yes I still have the book. When I found out about the resto I told the buyer he could keep the book and I would still refund it. He sent it back. I did not ask for it back.

Yes I am guilty of everything that has been claimed here. I told the buyer I would refund his money and to this date I have not. I take full responsibility for that. My personal life situation is not the buyer's fault. I ask, though, that others not speculate on my character or the details of the situation which has led to my inability to honor my refund policy for so long. There is a reason. You may call it an excuse, if an excuse is something that has occurred which you have no control over and which has prevented you from honoring your promise in a reasonable amount of time. It could be worse. At least I am still alive and for that reason will ultimately make things right. In the meantime I am on the probation list, so I don't see any utility which comes from people who do not know me speculating about my deviousness and dishonesty. The Dr. thing was a failed attempt at levity in the face of a bad situation, a coping mechanism which I use to survive these days. There is nothing I can say which takes away the fact that I owe the buyer $1500, which is why I felt no need to elaborate on what has occurred in my life to put me in this situation, since it does not take away the fact that I owe $1500 to this individual. Do not make judgements about my character or motivations based on this fact. Nothing positive can come from that, and I hope no one here has to be put in such a situation. If you could spend a moment in my shoes you would be amazed that I actually still am determined to make it right. Adversity either destroys you or makes you a better person. As a good friend recently told me: If you are going through hell, just keep on going.

Sorry you're going through hell. Bad things happen and life can be so unfair.

You've let this guy down but I have hope that you'll eventually make this right as it's obvious to me that both you and the buyer have honest intentions and are reasonable people.

And to the buyer, keep the faith. These type of deals are very stressful and frustrating. Hopefully this will all work out ok.

I sent it back to you because it wasn't what was advertised, I didn't want what it actually was (I've since bought a replacement from Harley Yee), and it seemed like the right thing to do. It had nothing to do with my "position." You offered a refund and I took you up on it. That's it. I'm generally a pretty easy guy to deal with, but, yes, I get annoyed when I am without money for long periods of time.

Huh?

Postal MO 14%?

I guess if you send $50 increments. The postal MO is a flat fee regardless of the amount up to $1k

Since when? Just pulled this up and calculated sending $50 from Canada to US. Note that there are no fees.

14384789064_5bdf589628_z.jpg

Huh?

Postal MO 14%?

Since when? Just pulled this up and calculated sending $50 from Canada to US. Note that there are no fees.

14384789064_5bdf589628_z.jpg

Since always. Try actually sending money. I'll be paying the fee again tonight when I send money to dscott. Paid it last week as well.

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him. If he hasn't paid by then, nominate him for the Probation List and then you can resell the books. (thumbs u

:sorry:

Just to clarify: you can sell the book after thirty days without nominating someone for the PL (which is also a thirty day wait). So reselling the book is not contingent on nominating for the PL.

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him. If he hasn't paid by then, nominate him for the Probation List and then you can resell the books. (thumbs u

Just to clarify: you can sell the book after thirty days without nominating someone for the PL (which is also a thirty day wait). So reselling the book is not contingent on nominating for the PL.

POV... just want you to know that you are missed in this thread :sorry:

Please come back :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Correct. :) Sorry for any confusion caused by my wording. :foryou:

Correct. :) Sorry for any confusion caused by my wording. :foryou:

Your math could improve also.

:baiting:

Sent invoice on May 6th.

On June 9th - ( :gossip: 34 days after invoicing)

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him.

I think Harvey was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt since he said he didn't receive the invoice on that date.