• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Because if you don't ask, you get total pieces of .

Case in point, go buy some back issue Ticks from NEC.

We're talking about modern books, fresh out of the case. :shrug:

Just one question:

What buyer doesn't want the best possible copy/s?

So why ask.

I find this odd also.

When someone is selling thousands of copies to hundreds of individuals, usually the person communicating is not the person who is packing, and if they are, god help them, as there will be no way they are going to get them out in a timely fashion and pay attention to anything anyone has emailed them anyway.

It is most effectively done in assembly line fashion and you are just going to get the books on the top of the stack when your packing slip/label is next. Thus, even more reason for Larry to cull anyone with what he feels are overly high expectations.

Just one question:

What buyer doesn't want the best possible copy/s?

So why ask.

I find this odd also.

When someone is selling thousands of copies to hundreds of individuals, usually the person communicating is not the person who is packing, and if they are, god help them, as there will be no way they are going to get them out in a timely fashion and pay attention to anything anyone has emailed them anyway.

It is most effectively done in assembly line fashion and you are just going to get the books on the top of the stack when your packing slip/label is next. Thus, even more reason for Larry to cull anyone with what he feels are overly high expectations.

Someone posted that Larry posted this:

"I'll screen gorgeous copies for you!"

"I'll screen my copies for the best for you guys."

Perhaps he was setting unrealistic expectations.

Larry should've communicated better, as others have suggested.

However, I do not think this instance is PL worthy.

Especially since he offered to perform his part of the deal and send the books.

Definitely when you consider that.

I think even before the offer to send the books, it wasn't a PL worthy situation.

Definitely when you consider that.

I think even before the offer to send the books, it wasn't a PL worthy situation.

Depends on the totality of the transactional details.

Take the order, take the money, confirm the order and send shipping confirmation, wait a month, book doubles in value in the mean time, come up with a reason to not fulfill order, refund original purchase price, be able to make twice as much by breaching the deal.....monetary incentive to breach.

Apply those facts to less scrupulous sellers and they would have every reason to find something they disagree with to undo a deal and profit from undoing it. Of course, if the book tanks instead of doubling in value, they can just ship the books and keep the cash. It's a win-win for them, free of repercussions.

comicseekers AKA primeinvestibles AKA megacon

is back...in two different screen names it seems.

Toyman is the one I am convinced is a new comicseekers shill

I posted the :takeit: today on his thread for signs and other items..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8461135#Post8461135

Then the PM with a total and paypal address.

The paypal address included the name "Candido" in it, which everyone who remembers is comic seekers real last name. He went by Sergio Candido, and sometimes Steve and some other names.

So I asked for a name and address to whom I could mail out and make out a check.

He sent back

Segio 'Steve' Candido

(address withheld)

Fountain Valley, CA

The "segio" is an intentional misspelling. He told me that's his name, "segio", with no "r"...and that people call him Steve. He plainly claims he is NOT Sergio, there's no Sergio, just Segio.

I withheld the full address but this is just a couple miles from the old Huntington Beach address he used to use. I will be happy to supply the mods the full address information.

The complete address provided matches, exactly, the address included on a website registered by Sergio Candido, and the movie production company he mentions in several places, and carries the registrant email address of sergio-candido@hotmail.com

His feedback/kudos thread has everyone calling him "SAM"....when confronted on this he said that "SAM" was his "brother" that uses the name "Comickat" on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=295628&Number=6610949#Post6610949

Short Version:

This is Sergio Candido AKA Steve AKA Comicseekers and all those other shill names,

based on several pieces of information I was able to link together that I will be glad to supply the mods. I don't want to post addresses publicly, but I can supply them to the board administration.

Edited by comix4fun

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8461135#Post8461135

The paypal address included the name "Candido" in it, which everyone who remembers is comic seekers real last name. He went by Sergio Candido, and sometimes Steve and some other names.

So I asked for a name and address to whom I could mail out and make out a check.

He sent back

Segio 'Steve' Candido

(address withheld)

Fountain Valley, CA

The "segio" is an intentional misspelling. He told me that's his name, "segio", with no "r"...and that people call him Steve. He plainly claims he is NOT Sergio, there's no Sergio, just Segio.

I withheld the full address but this is just a couple miles from the old Huntington Beach address he used to use. I will be happy to supply the mods the full address information.

The complete address provided matches, exactly, the address included on a website registered by Sergio Candido, and the movie production company he mentions in several places, and carries the registrant email address of sergio-candido@hotmail.com

His feedback/kudos thread has everyone calling him "SAM"....when confronted on this he said that "SAM" was his "brother" that uses the name "Comikat" on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=295628&Number=6610949#Post6610949

Short Version:

This is Sergio Candido AKA Steve AKA Comicseekers and all those other shill names,

based on several pieces of information I was able to link together that I will be glad to supply the mods. I don't want to post addresses publicly, but I can supply them to the board administration.

:o

He sent back

Segio 'Steve' Candido

(address withheld)

Fountain Valley, CA

His feedback/kudos thread has everyone calling him "SAM"....when confronted on this he said that "SAM" was his "brother" that uses the name "Comikat" on the boards.

Short Version:

I think the second name is actually "comickat" not "comikat". I was informed that comickat & toyman share a paypal account also. This was dug up by another boardie as we were both trying to return orders to one of the accounts & he then placed an order with the second account.

Also Comickat signed his messages Steve in our transaction.

Edited by boomtown

Hi board members, I will address this issue to clear up everything. Yes, my brother and I use the same computer. I am user Toyman and he is Comickat. We have always shipped out all items to all who have purchased from us and promptly answered any questions addressed to us. Yes, we have had an issue with a relative who is listed on the HOS because he did not pay for items, but in his defense he was going through very hard times and couldn't afford to pay for the items. That does not make it acceptable, but I wanted to let the board know. If I cannot be a member on these boards due to my relatives past then I will have no choice but to stop posting on these boards. If there is anyway to clear up the non payment issues he had, I can try to rectify that if it's a solution.

Hi board members, I will address this issue to clear up everything. Yes, my brother and I use the same computer. I am user Toyman and he is Comickat. We have always shipped out all items to all who have purchased from us and promptly answered any questions addressed to us. Yes, we have had an issue with a relative who is listed on the HOS because he did not pay for items, but in his defense he was going through very hard times and couldn't afford to pay for the items. That does not make it acceptable, but I wanted to let the board know. If I cannot be a member on these boards due to my relatives past then I will have no choice but to stop posting on these boards. If there is anyway to clear up the non payment issues he had, I can try to rectify that if it's a solution.
Remember when you tried to sell me extra junk when I was doing the deal for the case of the Bubble Funnies and one of the items you tried to sell were some Isis #1s. When I mentioned that I recalled Comickat selling some, you said that you weren't the same person and that you bought it from him.

Why should we really believe you now? Plus, the pictures that you posted of all your books in storage were the same pictures that comicseekers showed in the past.

xoxo

greggy