• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

An open letter to the CGC boards and members from jop.

I have been having issues since xmas time 1st with a very unexpected truck repair that was a couple of thousand dollars more than expected. That alone put me so truly behind the 8 ball financially that yes, I could not even afford postage to send out items to the winners as I refused to send out 1 persons' if I could not send out all of them.

I no longer have access to well over 90% + of my books at this time and no way of knowing when it will be permitted.

I had spoken and sent out a blanket message regarding this to all of the winners. 2 responded . 1 was Lance and I am sorry but right now I can not remember the other party's name. 1 person who answered said "don't worry about it we all go through issues" and the other said "just sell my things and help yourself."

I do NOT want that and told them so. My word has always been a huge thing with me so much that I have" honor" tattooed on my neck. My word means so much more to me than most of you could even imagine, but the ability to access and make people whole at the moment is impossible.

I did sell things and bought other books. I lost money on every single sale just to be able to pay off the bill on my vehicle. The books purchased were bought for others that wanted them and those people gave me a small finders fee to basically live on. I apologize if that makes some of you angry or mad.

Things are very personal and I will NOT discuss the issues on a public internet chat board. I have mentioned certain things to people over the months . They were people I knew with whom I at least feel more comfortable speaking and talking about things.

If any of the participants would like more detailed information then I will explain in more detail because they deserve it

I would just like to comment on Jop's continued efforts at reparation. He contacted me a couple of weeks ago, completely unexpectedly, and informed me that he was doing better, and would I still like the items I had won in the 2013 raffle? Very glad to say that he has indeed come through, and is truly a man of his word, time and circumstances aside. Don't want to get into specifics, his circumstances being his own, to disclose or not (no idea if he has), but he is most definitely a standup guy in my book. Jop, I truly hope life continues on an upswing for you.

...this kind of stuff I like to read..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...so far, I've yet to nominate anyone, even though a couple times I was qualified to..... but on a good note, I recently completed my first successful transaction with a "0" post count boardie.... a first for me. My faith in humanity has been restored :cloud9:

I ask people all the time if they'll take X dollar amount, only to be told yes, only to tell them, ok I'll keep thinking about it on the sidelines.
If you did that to me, I would say the offer is good for another 5 minutes. :)

You're too kind.

If you did that to me more than once, I'd put you on ignore or affirmatively block you from buying in some other fashion.

^^

I ask people all the time if they'll take X dollar amount, only to be told yes, only to tell them, ok I'll keep thinking about it on the sidelines.

You're too kind.

If you did that to me more than once, I'd put you on ignore or affirmatively block you from buying in some other fashion.

^^

I agree what :censored: move.

You're too kind.

^^

I agree what :censored: move.

I only do it to Mark.

But thats because I enjoy getting his hopes up.

This is offer and acceptance.

Any reasonable person would view "would you take x" as an offer.

Big difference between asking if the price is firm vs putting a number to it.

That was my thought. As far as mandatory posting an i'll take it in the thread, I haven't bought a book for myself in over two years. When I do purchase, it's usually for a gift and I don't want it known publically.

You would be surprised what constitutes an offer and what constitutes a request for more information.

In Harvey v Facey [1893] the following was held not to be an offer:

Harvey: "Will you sell us Bumper Hall Pen? Telegraph lowest cash price-answer paid".

Facey: "Lowest price for Bumper Hall Pen £900."

actually it's not even an offer. It's an inquiry. Offer is "I would pay you $500 dollars for that AF 15" Inquiry is "Would you take $500 for that AF 15". I'm not offering you $500 I'm asking you if you would accept $500, the answer to which is yes, at which point I can then follow up and say "I will pay you $500 for it" and you say "Ok accepted, mark it sold"

^^

That was my thought. As far as mandatory posting an i'll take it in the thread, I haven't bought a book for myself in over two years. When I do purchase, it's usually for a gift and I don't want it known publically.

You would be surprised what constitutes an offer and what constitutes a request for more information.

Harvey: "Will you sell us Bumper Hall Pen? Telegraph lowest cash price-answer paid".

actually it's not even an offer. It's an inquiry. Offer is "I would pay you $500 dollars for that AF 15" Inquiry is "Would you take $500 for that AF 15". I'm not offering you $500 I'm asking you if you would accept $500, the answer to which is yes, at which point I can then follow up and say "I will pay you $500 for it" and you say "Ok accepted, mark it sold"

^^

Is the difference whether one is phrased as a question or a statement?

So this would also be only an inquiry:

"Could I give you $200 for the FF 45"?

Do I have this correct?

^^

Is the difference whether one is phrased as a question or a statement?

So this would also be only an inquiry:

"Could I give you $200 for the FF 45"?

Do I have this correct?

Don't quote me on this, but I think whether a statement is an inquiry or an offer is a question of fact to be determined from the circumstances and in order to be an offer it must be an unqualified statement evidencing an intention to be legally bound.

I just wanted to state that sgcomiccollector left me hanging for over a month with no payment on two GSX #1 books after we came to an agreement on price.

If you guys want the details I can share them but over the period of over 1 month he cited waiting on funds, unable to communicate due to travel, payment by the 19th of March, family issues and then finally asking if the books were still available.

I replied that they were and asked when he was going to pay for them.

After no reply and more than a month of waiting I decided to give up and get them graded.

Thankfully one of them actually came back in a better grade than I advertised (the other came back in the exact grade advertised).

Still, I can't stand it when people just don't reply. If he'd just said 'hey, I can't afford them - sorry' it would have been no big deal.

I just wanted to state that sgcomiccollector left me hanging for over a month with no payment on two GSX #1 books after we came to an agreement on price.

If you guys want the details I can share them but over the period of over 1 month he cited waiting on funds, unable to communicate due to travel, payment by the 19th of March, family issues and then finally asking if the books were still available.

After no reply and more than a month of waiting I decided to give up and get them graded.

Thankfully one of them actually came back in a better grade than I advertised (the other came back in the exact grade advertised).

Still, I can't stand it when people just don't reply. If he'd just said 'hey, I can't afford them - sorry' it would have been no big deal.

joJ55ar.png

Roy:

Are you nominating him to the pl? Have you sent him a separate pm informing him as such?

joJ55ar.png

lol

"Thanks for sharing" was running through my head, too.

There were odds running on whether or not you'd join the fray. You never fail to disappoint! ^^

Anyhow, I'm not one rake someone over the coals excessively so what do you guys suggest regarding the transaction? He's already apologized but I don't know how sincere of an apology it is.

Has anyone else had trouble with this buyer before?

There were odds running on whether or not you'd join the fray. You never fail to disappoint! ^^

Anyhow, I'm not one rake someone over the coals excessively so what do you guys suggest regarding the transaction? He's already apologized but I don't know how sincere of an apology it is.

Has anyone else had trouble with this buyer before?

This type of tire-kicking behavior is far to rampant.

Next time, tell the deadbeat to give a deposit to show commitment.

Sounds worthy of the probation list.

Some people can't seem to understand the meaning of

honoring a deal.

They likey a comic very much until the next shiny object catches their desire.