• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Seems like a long time to wait...30 days. On one of the comic buy/auction sites I recently purchased from, you have a 5 day wait. As a buyer, when I click on 'Buy' it sucks to have to wait 5 days for someone to respond to 'accept' your order. That pretty much ties up your money and may keep you from being able to buy another deal somewhere else. I can only imagine the impact to a seller having to wait 30 days. I wonder if maybe it would make sense to setup some kind of a timer function so if they haven't responded again or followed thru then you can relist etc...

Seems like a long time to wait...30 days. On one of the comic buy/auction sites I recently purchased from, you have a 5 day wait. As a buyer, when I click on 'Buy' it sucks to have to wait 5 days for someone to respond to 'accept' your order. That pretty much ties up your money and may keep you from being able to buy another deal somewhere else. I can only imagine the impact to a seller having to wait 30 days. I wonder if maybe it would make sense to setup some kind of a timer function so if they haven't responded again or followed thru then you can relist etc...

at most other sites, there is some 'fee' that is generally going to website. This is a great incentive to get deals done, payments made, and shipments completed. Those websites are secured and insured, and marketed. Sales are tracked, monitored, and the livelihood of people working for those websites DEPEND on the efficiency and reputation and PAYMENTS made on those websites.

Just about none of those things apply here. No one is forced to buy or sell here, there are other more secure, more efficient, more marketable avenues that are available. But its free here, and no one is getting paid to make sure things happen the way they should, and one of the results of that is that we generally wait a month for issues to resolve, otherwise we'd be dealing with 'issues' non-stop.

Just think of it as part of the cost of doing business here.

at most other sites, there is some 'fee' that is generally going to website. This is a great incentive to get deals done, payments made, and shipments completed. Those websites are secured and insured, and marketed. Sales are tracked, monitored, and the livelihood of people working for those websites DEPEND on the efficiency and reputation and PAYMENTS made on those websites.

Just about none of those things apply here. No one is forced to buy or sell here, there are other more secure, more efficient, more marketable avenues that are available. But its free here, and no one is getting paid to make sure things happen the way they should, and one of the results of that is that we generally wait a month for issues to resolve, otherwise we'd be dealing with 'issues' non-stop.

...many sellers here require payment in much less than 30 days...... some 3 days, some 7 days, and this is not technically wrong. Unless I missed something, we aren't required to wait 30 days for payment..... only to nominate for the Probation list. Naturally, if we relist an item after 3 or 7 days, and it sells, we would then have no Probation worthy offense to address. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...many sellers here require payment in much less than 30 days...... some 3 days, some 7 days, and this is not technically wrong. Unless I missed something, we aren't required to wait 30 days for payment..... only to nominate for the Probation list. Naturally, if we relist an item after 3 or 7 days, and it sells, we would then have no Probation worthy offense to address. GOD BLESS....

I agree, I just meant for the purpose of probation list, which would be the 'group policing'. Of course individuals may select their own terms for the actual completion of deals.

.....to see that we have so many people here who would wait 30 days just shows what a cool, laid back group we have here. For someone to jeopardize their inclusion in that has always puzzled me.GOD BLESS....

.....to see that we have so many people here who would wait 30 days just shows what a cool, laid back group we have here. For someone to jeopardize their inclusion in that has always puzzled me.GOD BLESS....

I think some people bollix things up here before really getting to know the place. If they knew then, what they know now ....

Of course, others are just scammers! :D

I think some people bollix things up here before really getting to know the place. If they knew then, what they know now ....

Of course, others are just scammers! :D

Well, yeah. There is that.

"Thanks for sharing" was running through my head, too.

There were odds running on whether or not you'd join the fray. You never fail to disappoint! ^^

Anyhow, I'm not one rake someone over the coals excessively so what do you guys suggest regarding the transaction? He's already apologized but I don't know how sincere of an apology it is.

Has anyone else had trouble with this buyer before?

Poor and non-communication drives me bat mess!! :censored:

I nominate:

Gem_Mint

I originally posted in the WTB section looking for "What if Venom Possessed Deadpool".

Gem_Mint pmed me saying he has one on the way to CGC and asked if I was still interested. Waited a month or so for him to get it back from CGC. A price, time frame, address and a payment method was exchanged.

Pm's me a few days later and says he had to sell it due to cash flow issues.

Basically he committed to a deal and then backed out.

He has since ignored and block me from pms.

David

I nominate:

Gem_Mint

I originally posted in the WTB section looking for "What if Venom Possessed Deadpool".

Gem_Mint pmed me saying he has one on the way to CGC and asked if I was still interested. Waited a month or so for him to get it back from CGC. A price, time frame, address and a payment method was exchanged.

David

Yes, I responded to your wtb thread while the book was at cgc. You were looking for a 9.8, it came back a 9.6. You still were interested so we agree on a price.

Then you advised me you can pay at the end of the month by money order (this was at the beginning of the month).

I said to contact me then and if I still have the book, it's yours.

Then you gave me a guilt trip on how you waited for me... This and that.

I never wanted to wait that long and then wait for money orders at that.

But you made me feel bad so I reluctantly agreed.

So yes, something came up and i was in a financial bind, some had to sell some books.

I apologized to you, but I guess that's not enough.

So let's see if you can get me on probation. I'm an active member of this forum and I buy and sell all the time.

I'm not some individual_without_enough_empathy who *spoon* people around all the time.

I had an unfortunate situation. I'm sorry I couldn't wait to sell you the book.

-Steve

I nominate:

Gem_Mint

David

:roflmao:

Yes, I responded to your wtb thread while the book was at cgc. You were looking for a 9.8, it came back a 9.6. You still were interested so we agree on a price.

Then you advised me you can pay at the end of the month by money order (this was at the beginning of the month).

I said to contact me then and if I still have the book, it's yours.

Then you gave me a guilt trip on how you waited for me... This and that.

I never wanted to wait that long and then wait for money orders at that.

But you made me feel bad so I reluctantly agreed.

So yes, something came up and i was in a financial bind, some had to sell some books.

I apologized to you, but I guess that's not enough.

So let's see if you can get me on probation. I'm an active member of this forum and I buy and sell all the time.

I'm not some individual_without_enough_empathy who *spoon* people around all the time.

I had an unfortunate situation. I'm sorry I couldn't wait to sell you the book.

-Steve

:roflmao: Edited by oakman29

I think the better way to have dealt with it then was to give the buyer a head's up that you needed to sell and give him the option of buying before the determined time if you needed the money sooner.

This way it just looks like you sold the book out from under him.

I think the better way to have dealt with it then was to give the buyer a head's up that you needed to sell and give him the option of buying before the determined time if you needed the money sooner.

This way it just looks like you sold the book out from under him.

Yea in retrospect I should have... But it was a last minute thing.

All I did was not sell this guy my book. I really didn't even wanna sell it when he asked me to hold it for a month and pay with money orders.

I tried to get out then but he gave me he guilt trip.

So now you are going to pull it out from under him too? lol

You told me you sold it already. You still have it now?

I'm confused man.

I waited over a month for that book. You messaged saying it was in. I said cool, I need 2 weeks to send out payment.

You agreed to that and a price. You even pm'ed your address to me.

This whole time I'm thinking Im getting that book and then out of nowhere I get a suprise pm saying you had to sell it.

but you didn't sell it...?

And I wasn't sending you "money orders". It was one money order for the full amount like we agreed upon bro.