• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So what's my way out?

I still have the book. If voodoo wants to pay, I'll talk to the other buyer and let him know what's going on.

My 2c is take it slow. The easiest way out is to sell it to the first buyer and then be forthright and candid with the second buyer, tell them you messed up, offer them an apology (and a refund?) and some incentive to not freak out, maybe a discount on something else.

I once saw an advertisement for a Florist that read "How Angry is She?" You get the idea.

So now you are going to pull it out from under him too? lol

You told me you sold it already. You still have it now?

I'm confused man.

I waited over a month for that book. You messaged saying it was in. I said cool, I need 2 weeks to send out payment.

You agreed to that and a price. You even pm'ed your address to me.

This whole time I'm thinking Im getting that book and then out of nowhere I get a suprise pm saying you had to sell it.

but you didn't sell it...?

And I wasn't sending you "money orders". It was one money order for the full amount like we agreed upon bro.

Do you still want the book or not?

So now you are going to pull it out from under him too? lol

You told me you sold it already. You still have it now?

I'm confused man.

I waited over a month for that book. You messaged saying it was in. I said cool, I need 2 weeks to send out payment.

You agreed to that and a price. You even pm'ed your address to me.

This whole time I'm thinking Im getting that book and then out of nowhere I get a suprise pm saying you had to sell it.

but you didn't sell it...?

And I wasn't sending you "money orders". It was one money order for the full amount like we agreed upon bro.

I sold it today to someone I do business with all the time. If I tell him hey, some dude is crying over this book, he would understand. I would refund him his money.

I'm sure he would be fine with it like a normal person.

Still confused?

I sold it today to someone I do business with all the time. If I tell him hey, some dude is crying over this book, he would understand. I would refund him his money.

I'm sure he would be fine with it like a normal person.

Still confused?

Classy. (thumbs u

so the book is no longer available? How do you propose he gets off the PL since he can't provide the book

no horse in the race but just want to know since the seller needs a way out

Why is it the responsibility of the offended part to figure out a way for the offender to get of the list when nominating them?

The rules are clearly spelled out. If the offender didn't want to be on the Probation List they should have followed the rules. If the offender wants to get off the list, it should be his responsibility to figure out a way to make things right with the offended party.

I nominate:

Gem_Mint

I originally posted in the WTB section looking for "What if Venom Possessed Deadpool".

Gem_Mint pmed me saying he has one on the way to CGC and asked if I was still interested. Waited a month or so for him to get it back from CGC. A price, time frame, address and a payment method was exchanged.

Pm's me a few days later and says he had to sell it due to cash flow issues.

Basically he committed to a deal and then backed out.

He has since ignored and block me from pms.

David

:roflmao:

Yes, I responded to your wtb thread while the book was at cgc. You were looking for a 9.8, it came back a 9.6. You still were interested so we agree on a price.

Then you advised me you can pay at the end of the month by money order (this was at the beginning of the month).

I said to contact me then and if I still have the book, it's yours.

Then you gave me a guilt trip on how you waited for me... This and that.

I never wanted to wait that long and then wait for money orders at that.

But you made me feel bad so I reluctantly agreed.

So yes, something came up and i was in a financial bind, some had to sell some books.

I apologized to you, but I guess that's not enough.

So let's see if you can get me on probation. I'm an active member of this forum and I buy and sell all the time.

I'm not some individual_without_enough_empathy who *spoon* people around all the time.

I had an unfortunate situation. I'm sorry I couldn't wait to sell you the book.

-Steve

:roflmao:

Why is this funny?

So if you're an "active member" you can just blow of a Probation List nomination?

Ok, thanks.

I am sorry... I honestly didn't think it was a big deal.

To you no, but for me I was expecting it.

I'm not gonna fight against another transaction you completed with someone else after the fact to get that comic back.

It's not worth it. I would rather not send my business your way.

Ok, thanks.

I'm not gonna fight against another transaction you completed with someone else after the fact to get that comic back.

I feel the same way brother.

Ok, thanks.

Then that means

So you're dropping the nomination?

What do you want? Do you want to force Steve into selling you the book or do you want to not do business with him?

There are other threads to complain about sellers...

so the book is no longer available? How do you propose he gets off the PL since he can't provide the book

Why is it the responsibility of the offended part to figure out a way for the offender to get of the list when nominating them?

The rules are clearly spelled out. If the offender didn't want to be on the Probation List they should have followed the rules. If the offender wants to get off the list, it should be his responsibility to figure out a way to make things right with the offended party.

Not sure why I am on the other end of this. Personally this could have been resolved way before a post was even made here.

We are all adults not sure why we can't work it out amongst each other without having to come here

Not sure why I am on the other end of this. Personally this could have been resolved way before a post was even made here.

We are all adults not sure why we can't work it out amongst each other without having to come here

... because the OP said in his first post that he was put on ignore.