• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Where was it mentioned that his ability to post in the marketplace was removed? Or are you just referring to the general blacklisting in place?

The blacklist, in general.

The challenge is going to be once he makes all buyers whole, WE all need to make a decision if he comes off. To me, he stays on as he only started reacting once a board member called the police.

That to me is not someone doing the "honorable thing." That's a kid trying to catch up before law enforcement knocks on the door to tell his parents they need to cover $200 to resolve their son's scam.

:sumo:

wow, I don't usually use the sumo wrestler graemlin, but it is so appropriate for this event

Wishful thinking maybe?

He says he's going to make good.

Once (if) he does, is he removed from the list?

We've never had a hall of shame member make good.

How's that going to work?

Even if he makes good I think he should stay. The history of him being on the list 4 times, his multiple id's (which should be good enough for banning) his taunting of people just shows he has no business being able to buy or sell books here.

Also, he had, if i remember correctly, issues with some people with his CAPandFalcon id.

Wishful thinking maybe?

Even if he makes good I think he should stay. The history of him being on the list 4 times, his multiple id's (which should be good enough for banning) his taunting of people just shows he has no business being able to buy or sell books here.

Also, he had, if i remember correctly, issues with some people with his CAPandFalcon id.

that is a good point, how many times can you be removed from the list before you are on the list for good?

Should we have a "suspened sellers" list and a "buyer beware" list?

Divad? thoughts?

j

Wishful thinking maybe?

:sumo:

He is a Hall of Shame member. Let him stay on there.

Or at the very least, make it like a prison sentence, and give him X years on the list.

After his behavior and repeated problems/time on the list, removing him now would be a real joke.

Or at the very least, make it like a prison sentence, and give him X years on the list.

After his behavior and repeated problems/time on the list, removing him now would be a real joke.

I think that's a good idea, perhaps Arch could be persuaded to give Connor a Custom title, stating that he is on probation from buying and selling for x amount of time (like till he's 18).

I don't believe at burning people at the stake, but I do believe in teenagers learning about consequences and not getting a free pass.

I disagree. Membership in the Hall of Shame should be permanent. There should never be former members of the Hall of Shame. That's the wrong message to send, especially when it is such an offense that it has only been given 4 or 5 times. He/She whosoever are granted Hall of Shame status will be required to carry their scarlet HoS.

I disagree. Membership in the Hall of Shame should be permanent. There should never be former members of the Hall of Shame. That's the wrong message to send, especially when it is such an offense that it has only been given 4 or 5 times. He/She whosoever are granted Hall of Shame status will be required to carry their scarlet HoS.

I agree.

I agree.

same here or that +1 stuff others do.

j

I agree.

Me too, but I really like Sky's idea a lot.

Put it right in a custom title so everyone can see and make up their own mind about him.

C

I agree.

Put it right in a custom title so everyone can see and make up their own mind about him.

C

I like that. Then, he always carries around the information that he is a juvenile and that he has acted wrongly on a number of occasions.

I agree.

C

I like that. Then, he always carries around the information that he is a juvenile and that he has acted wrongly on a number of occasions.

Our own little scarlet letter bearer. WOW!

+ 15 by now on this idea

I think that's a good idea, perhaps Arch could be persuaded to give Connor a Custom title, stating that he is on probation from buying and selling for x amount of time (like till he's 18).

I don't believe at burning people at the stake, but I do believe in teenagers learning about consequences and not getting a free pass.

Always the voice of reason . . . we need more like you Sharon :)

I agree.

Perhaps we should just ask for a body part . . . :grin:

I agree.

Perhaps we should just ask for a body part . . . :grin:

Which part would you like? hm

chicken.jpg

Sharon, while I really, really like your idea, the mods have been pretty straightforward about being hands off when it comes to involving themselves in the nitty-gritty of sales transactions here. But I DO like the idea ;)

And he is a Hall of Shame member. Four times Conner did not make good on transactions with this last time being an absolute cluster .... you know what. I think it's safe to say he's burned his bridges here as a member in good standing, and now it is simply a matter of damage control. And as a seller, if he ever did want to be successful here, I think he'd have to begin shipping books BEFORE getting paid from here on out if he is eventually allowed to participate in the marketplace.

Edited by Mac Man