• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is bad news, and from claims in his sales thread, this is an obvious scam perpetrated on the forum faithful.

This is getting pretty pitiful lately with all these little scams. And this one sounds like you cannot even call it an honest mistake of someone not going through the boxes and turning it around as a flip for quick cash.

you know we went almost a week without a major meltdown. we were due...

j

Just trying to give our local media something to report on this week. :whatev:

By the way, for anyone curious, these are how the books were described via PM prior to being sold by me. (Again, not posting to be a jerk or make anyone look bad, but my name was brought up a few times here and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea)

Filter: Overall these would probably be considered low grade for bronze. Some books are wavy from water damage, but most aren't. (This statement was amended in a later PM after a second look revealed a larger number of water damaged books than it appeared at first glance which was discussed in detail prior to and again after the purchase.) There are some Gs/GVGs on the low end, and on the high end there are some Fs, VFs, and VF/NMs. So the grades range a lot but as a group they'd probably be considered lower grade bronze age. The boxes are a bit weird in the sense that some have pretty heavy multiples and others appear to have little or no multiples. I haven't gone through these much but I think there probably are a few issues that may have upwards of 30-40 copies. But this is not the case with all of them.

Comicseekers: anything worth anything in this collection..ex multiples of peter parker 1, if there are a lot of x-men and spiderman , Hulk , Capt America, Horror I'll probable take it

Filter: Honestly there's not a whole lot in terms of key issues. I think I saw some Vault of Evil 1s in pretty nice shape... some pretty beat up Werewolf by Night 1s. Some spideys. Not a lot of X-mens. I saw some 20 cent and 25 cent FFs, a good amount of horror titles, some Thors in nice shape, some Caps. Also a lot of weaker stuff like Ms Marvel, Devil Dinosaur, etc. I've left everything that arrived in the boxes there (I haven't removed anything for myself) but for the most part I think the boxes were already cherry-picked of the really good stuff before I even got them. The boxes are packed tight though. A couple of the boxes have some books that are bagged which probably brings the count down a little bit and some have some giant sized issues, but the unbagged boxes (which are most of them) I've counted as many as 350-360 books per box.

when we did the deal it was 20 boxes packed about 350-360 tight, with no heroes incs.except the case i threw in free as part of the deal. The 20 boxes were originally sold for $2000 ($100 a box.)

WTF! CS tells us at least 300 a box, a number of the titles you mention were not present, 10% of what was delivered was Heroes Inc. Few Giant-sized issues ( I got maybe 4) And absolutely no mention of WATER DAMAGE. Had CS sold these even with Adams description I wouldn't have touched it for $100 a box, much less $150 a box for the dregs. Yet he says he didn't cherry pick. BUSTED. I told him at best, I'd be nice and NOT send them back and accept 50% refund, and at that I'll never be rid of this mess.

Sergio: I'm giving you public notice you better come clean and make good on this bait and switch, don't insult me by offering a $30 credit per box. I got 4 IDENTICAL boxes of mess.

Ready to go Nuclear. :censored:

He didn't just skim the cream off the top. This is 2% skim milk laced with melamine. The half dozen boxes that he sold off or held back mean he at least broke even or better. If he'd offered these dregs for $50 a box, and was explicit about the contents and was clear about people not wanting to buy more than 1, he MIGHT be able to walk away with a clear conscience. I offered to accept a 50% refund, and that's being generous, and he balked. WTF am I going to do with 100 copies of 5 issue of mid grade Star Wars, or Marvel Tales, Conan, Marvel Premiere 3-D man, etc. I'm going to end of throwing them out is what.

when we did the deal it was 20 boxes packed about 350-360 tight, with no heroes incs.except the case i threw in free as part of the deal. The 20 boxes were originally sold for $2000 ($100 a box.)

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

You sell CS a TWENTY-longbox lot for $100 a box, toss in a Heroes Inc case for free, then he miraculously comes on selling FIFTEEN boxes, supposedly unsearched and for the "same price I bought them at" of $150 a box.

Do the math people, and CS obviously cherry-picked the 20 longboxes, sold off or kept about 6-7 of them (as Filter81 has confirmed), used the Heroes Inc to extend this to 15 longboxes full, then resold the remaining junk for MORE than he bought the original 20 longboxes for.

This is bad news, and from claims in his sales thread, this is an obvious scam perpetrated on the forum faithful.

Couldnt have said it better myself SCAM all the way.Sorry for anyone who fell for it.Refunds should be issued promptly.If comicseekers is worried about his "rep" he needs to issue the refunds asap..

If he'd offered these dregs for $50 a box, and was explicit about the contents and was clear about people not wanting to buy more than 1, he MIGHT be able to walk away with a clear conscience.

Agreed, but buying unsearched BA longboxes for $100 each, cherry picking them, and then selling them off for $150 (*exactly* what he paid? WTF!) each?

Wow, that cherry picking must have really increased the per-box value, huh? :roflmao:

this is a case where if everyone had just been quiet, or handled this in private with CS via PM, no one would have known the extent of the deception. The cats out of the bag now thanks to the boards. I know Sergio is having some difficult personal issues, and is trying to raise cash, but you don't where you eat. If you don't make this right, you're pretty much done as a seller on this forum. :mad::censored::mad::censored:

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

I think it already has ended badly. The sour taste in your mouths lasts a long time.

No kidding.

Isn't this the second time comicseekers would potentially go on the list if not resolved?

:sumo: 6/23/09 PROBATION UPDATE (TVanderZwaag Added) :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

CAP freak

(added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

Roxx Gang

(added 3/31/09)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

TFL

(added 6/2/09 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

TVanderZwaag

(added 6/23/09)

Wolfhulk

(added 3/24/09)(You can't hide by changin' your user name!)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

Well after reading these sparkling reviews of the boxes that have been received, I just can't wait to get the one that I ordered...

Yeah. My stomach is starting to turn while I wait on mine, as well. :eek:

Well after reading these sparkling reviews of the boxes that have been received, I just can't wait to get the one that I ordered...

Well, maybe you both have all the DC comics that were $5 books. :wishluck:

Wow, I hope the Easter Bunny drops by soon so I can have him pass along my early Christmas list to Santa when they meet at the holiday character jamboree. :insane:

Maybe all the other guys got the "bad" boxes... :wishluck:

I didn't just get a "bad" box, I got the same bad box 4 times. Virtually identical content. I'm actually penalized for making a larger purchase. Bonus!

:sorry:

I hate when this happens to buyers that really asked all the right questions ahead of time.

I didn't just get a "bad" box, I got the same bad box 4 times. Virtually identical content. I'm actually penalized for making a larger purchase. Bonus!
You would think there'd be some variety when sending out 4 boxes to the same buyer.

If he doesn't plead "dumb" then he's basically saying that you are the dummy who wouldn't notice. ???