• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Guys,

CS has been on the probation list before hasn't he? And his sob story now seems even less believable about liquidation because of a lost job. This guy is a problem to deal with and quite honestly, it's obvious you can't trust him. At the end of the day, I couldn't imagine any of these boxes being deals and given his past history, couldn't deal with him.

My one and only deal with comicseekers in the past went relatively OK, but this looks really bad!

I started reading this thinking that it was just a case of people expecting a bit too much from a mystery box and feeling disappointed because they didn't actually hit the lottery, but it quickly became apparent that this wasn't the case.

I hate to sound harsh, but in my book this is nothing more than a scam. I don't know if this will be resolved in any way, or if comicseekers will find himself in the probation list, or whatever, but as far as I'm concerned, he's finished as a seller and there's no chance in hell I'm ever going to give him any business in the future.

Rant over! :sumo:

Cmon guys..Cut this seller a break.How can you go wrong buying this stuff..

:jokealert:

I read the original sales post and its obvious this stuff isnt even close to what it was supposed to be..

The heroes inc or whatever "filler" was put in these boxes was obviously used to fill in the hole in the box that was created once it was skimmed.. Also it says these are"warehouse " books..was the warehouse under water? Whats up with all the water damaged books not disclosed?

"Conditions range from VG-VF/NM, mostly all unread but these are from a warehouse"

The water damged ones were actually "READ": by aquaman and namor lol

"Each box contains at least 300 MARVEL/DC of nearly every title from that era. All from the 1970's."

Except ASM,Avengers and any other main title To say NEARLY every title is a bit of a STRETCH

Does anyone know this sellers ebay name so i can see what kind of bronze he has for sale up there? Bet theres a skull the slayer 30 cent variant somewhere in the bunch( shown in ops picture)

And think about this too guys Which one of us is going to sell long boxes of UNSEARCHED 70s bronze for that price? ( of course he skimmed it) No one.. You buy it .. take what you want and sell the rest for whatever you can get for it.. At that price take what you want and use the rest for kindling BUT you sure dont pawn it off on other people as unsearched.. or make it sound like some great deal to recover your original purchase price PLUS PROFIT on top of that.Thats just WRONG!!

This guy needs to give anyone who is unhappy their money back.. 2c

Glad I found this post so I can avoid this seller ..

That's the real question, does lie after lie after lie in your sales thread warrant the Probation List? Nothing CS said about the longboxes was close to the truth, but he still did deliver a "longbox" with "some comics" in it.

What's the call on this type of scam?

That's the real question, does lie after lie after lie in your sales thread warrant the Probation List? Nothing CS said about the longboxes was close to the truth, but he still did deliver a "longbox" with "some comics" in it.

Honestly? An outright lie versus a difference of grading opinion, and impacting so many buyers, I wouldn't allow this person to deal in the sales forum again.

But that is just me. Scamming is unforgivable!

I'd opine that this situation is basically just another variation on why the Probation list was created.

If CS works out acceptable resolutions with the concerned parties, he keeps himself off.

If he doesn't, he's on...

And much like a seller who didn't deliver the goods, was nominated for the list and finally comes thru to keep himself off, some damage has already been done... hm

Oh, and I apologize for having initially seemed to have sided with the seller after the first three or four reports. Filter's detailed recollection of the original deal has put this all in a much clearer light.... :sorry:

Honestly? An outright lie versus a difference of grading opinion, and impacting so many buyers, I wouldn't allow this person to deal in the sales forum again.

But that is just me. Scamming is unforgivable!

i say if the allegations are true and no restitution is made, he should be #6 (we are up to #6 right?). he hasn't provided much in the way of an excuse this time has he?

has anything gone forward with the last ideas about pointing out people on the probie list? i also think that bosco is on the dot with 1 time on and off makes sense but the second time should be permenent either banning or permenet on the probie list. maybe each name put on the list from now on should have a description of the offenses and the amount at issue (just an idea).

j

I have to admit I was trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but Filter's account clearly contradicts what was described.

I hope this situation is concluded to everyone's satisfaction.

I warned everyone in the thread that these were the warehouse rejects.

I didn't know about the water damage, but I had seen some of the low grade warehouse copies that neatstuff peddled and they weren't nice looking at all.

Clearly Sergio needs to go on the Probation list.

And stay there.

+ 2

I'm not sure that I can side with the three last posters.

I agree that at this point he deserves to be there, but since he has delivered the goods and it's about the disagreement over the condition and amount of books, he should be given the same courtesy offered to any other potential list member, and be given the chance to make it right.

If he can work this out with the buyers who were unhappy, he should be given a reprieve...IMHO.

I have to admit I was trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but Filter's account clearly contradicts what was described.

I hope this situation is concluded to everyone's satisfaction.

x2. Adam, thanks for posting. It cleared everything up.

I'm not sure that I can side with the three last posters.

I agree that at this point he deserves to be there, but since he has delivered the goods and it's about the disagreement over the condition and amount of books, he should be given the same courtesy offered to any other potential list member, and be given the chance to make it right.

If he can work this out with the buyers who were unhappy, he should be given a reprieve...IMHO.

I respect that you are trying to be fair, but a SCAM IS SCAM. Let's not kid ourselves this was just a difference of opinion on grading.

Having the original owner come on and make it clear what they sold to him, and condition they made it very clear these books were in, and then he turns around and says something different to flip them is NOTHING like some of the recent situations.

This was a scam gone bad, and is blowing up in the seller's face.

Let's not try and handle this with kid gloves, but if he ever wants to do business on here the situation better be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Since this is a group thread meant to resolve sales on this board, in addition to identifying probation members, I really think we need to have hard-fast rules that everyone is very well aware of. Maybe a sticky at the top to lay out the rules.

To me, there is NO ROOM for scamming on a board that is supposed to be close-knit and ensuring we avoid the situations that come up on eBay and other venues. If we do not take a harder stance on such behavior, and clearly communicate "SCAMMER BEWARE," this is not going to get reigned in quickly.

What if one time on the probation list allows for you to come off ONCE authorized by the impacted party. Two times means this must be reviewed by at least a set number of board members to determine if:

1) A situation came up that allows for forgiveness one more time, but only one more time.

2) Permanent banning from buying or selling.

We are never going to eliminate all scamming, but clearly documented rules and policies is going to ease the burden more. When Connor/CAP Freak did his recent scam, there were quite a few asking "What are the rules" because we just didn't know.

I say since we are policing ourselves right now, and we DO NOT want to force the mods to take control or shut down the sales area, let's jump on this quickly and start down a solid path.

Well I received my three boxes a couple days ago and prior to openign them listed them for sale on the forum. I really have to stop buying quaniity. JC and others called my attention to this thread.

So I closed the selling thread after reading this and opened 1 of the 3 boxes. PURE JUNK! All smell, most are vg with multiples of water dmaged issues.

So now not only am I out money, but it looks like I tried to scam other people into buying the,....NOT COOL .

CS the one box I have opened is NOTHING like you described, espically with all of the water damage. PLUS the box is FAR from full

PM sent. paypal notified and credit card company I used.

This is not acceptable to me at all

Edited by CJ

Well I received my three boxes a couple days ago and prior to openign them listed them for sale on the forum. I really have to stop buying quaniity. JC and others called my attention to this thread.

So I closed the selling thread after reading this and opened 1 of the 3 boxes. PURE JUNK! All smell, most are vg with multiples of water dmaged issues.

So now not only am I out money, but it looks like I tried to scam other people into buying the,....NOT COOL .

CS the one box I have opened is NOTHING like you described, espically with all of the water damage. PLUS the box is FAR from full

:sorry:

ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER!!