• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He's already had a positive Kudos from Tsimanga for the same items.Sckao didn't have anything negative to say either. (shrug)

Different expectations, I guess...the original posters description of what he expected seemed a bit beyond what was offered, IMHO...

He's already had a positive Kudos from Tsimanga for the same items.Sckao didn't have anything negative to say either. (shrug)

Different expectations, I guess...the original posters description of what he expected seemed a bit beyond what was offered, IMHO...

Agreed. :hi: Consequently, there are always problems with this type of offering - Caveat Emptor! (but certainly not a probation list offense.)

I got ripped off by Comicseekers. I responded to a thread he had advertising long boxes of bronze comics. The box was suppose to contain only Marvel and DC comics and only be from the 70's. He guaranteed there wouldn't be any more than five of a given issue in the lot. Before buying I had messaged him telling him not to send me a box of beaters and we completed the sale.

When I got the box it wasn't as advertised. First, there were lots of comics that weren't Marvel or DC books. There were books from the 80's in the lot. I received massive duplication of issues including a whopping 35 copies of one book. Worst of all the entire lot was low grade garbage. These books were beat. Pieces missing, water damage, stains, writing, tears, ect. were present on the vast majority of the books. Wouldn't issue a full refund.

Hope the other people who bought these same lots fared better than I did.

I bought a box as well. I think you need to read the original ad...

It said at least 300 Marvel/DC. A long box contains more than 300 comics if they are unbagged/unboarded. My box contained about 300 Marvel/DC comics. It also contained about 40 comics that were clearly used as padding/filler (Heroes, Inc.) I'm assuming you got 35 copies of Heroes, Inc.

I think that ad said generally VG and up as well so I wasn't expecting to find 9.4+ comics. (I bought them to stick the books onto my comic rack generally.)

I don't think this thread is the place for this actually.

Original Sales Thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3225807#Post3225807

I counted the box. With the 35 copies of Heroes Inc there were a total of 303 books. If they were just filler then I was shorted 10% of the total I was suppose to receive. When someone list grades ranging from vg to vf I expect some books to fall in the fine range and some to actually be vf. I got a box of beaters. The only books that weren't completely shot were the 35 copies of the Heroes book. He also guaranteed no more than five of an issue and I had double digit books that had anywhere from 7 to 16 copies each. After you include all the other dupes at 2-5 each on other books I ended up with a massive collection of super low grade duplicates of common 2nd string titles. In short, a big box of mess.

As for this not being the place I was instructed by a mod to make this post in this specific thread.

If others were happy with their lots I am sincerely happy for them. Perhaps I got a very sub-standard lot but for what I received and what I paid I feel completely scammed.

Agreed. :hi: Consequently, there are always problems with this type of offering - Caveat Emptor! (but certainly not a probation list offense.)

Yup,

My butt still hurts from those lot type books from a few years back.

I got ripped off by Comicseekers. I responded to a thread he had advertising long boxes of bronze comics. The box was suppose to contain only Marvel and DC comics and only be from the 70's. He guaranteed there wouldn't be any more than five of a given issue in the lot. Before buying I had messaged him telling him not to send me a box of beaters and we completed the sale.

When I got the box it wasn't as advertised. First, there were lots of comics that weren't Marvel or DC books. There were books from the 80's in the lot. I received massive duplication of issues including a whopping 35 copies of one book. Worst of all the entire lot was low grade garbage. These books were beat. Pieces missing, water damage, stains, writing, tears, ect. were present on the vast majority of the books. Wouldn't issue a full refund.

Hope the other people who bought these same lots fared better than I did.

I bought a box as well. I think you need to read the original ad...

It said at least 300 Marvel/DC. A long box contains more than 300 comics if they are unbagged/unboarded. My box contained about 300 Marvel/DC comics. It also contained about 40 comics that were clearly used as padding/filler (Heroes, Inc.) I'm assuming you got 35 copies of Heroes, Inc.

I think that ad said generally VG and up as well so I wasn't expecting to find 9.4+ comics. (I bought them to stick the books onto my comic rack generally.)

I don't think this thread is the place for this actually.

Original Sales Thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3225807#Post3225807

I counted the box. With the 35 copies of Heroes Inc there were a total of 303 books. If they were just filler then I was shorted 10% of the total I was suppose to receive. When someone list grades ranging from vg to vf I expect some books to fall in the fine range and some to actually be vf. I got a box of beaters. The only books that weren't completely shot were the 35 copies of the Heroes book. He also guaranteed no more than five of an issue and I had double digit books that had anywhere from 7 to 16 copies each. After you include all the other dupes at 2-5 each on other books I ended up with a massive collection of super low grade duplicates of common 2nd string titles. In short, a big box of mess.

As for this not being the place I was instructed by a mod to make this post in this specific thread.

If others were happy with their lots I am sincerely happy for them. Perhaps I got a very sub-standard lot but for what I received and what I paid I feel completely scammed.

I'll ask again what I asked earlier...

Did you actually ask him for your $$ back and did he deny you? This is not eBay, people here actually talk to each other and try to work things out amongst themselves before coming out to the community when all avenues are exhausted.

My first post contained the following sentence.

"Wouldn't issue a full refund."

I tried to get my money back. I wouldn't have posted anything here without having contacted the seller first.

I tried to get my money back. I wouldn't have posted anything here without having contacted the seller first.

So how much didja get? hm

Geez.. you all that bought the Longbox of books from Comicseekers and are complaining.. come on! What did you expect... it's a 150 dollar box filled with 300 comics. That's 50 cents a comic. It's a bargin bin box for christs sake. Not to mention the shipping fees he paid.

Yeah I got a stack of the hero's books too... I'll see if I can sell the lot of them on ebay for a couple bucks. But everyone should have expected to get 50cent to 2 buck books.. nothing more... yeah I was hoping an All star western #10, a Spiderman #121 or a run of Bronze age X-men would have somehow sneaked in my box.. but alas one didn't -

He didnt rip anyone off....

You get what you pay for... that's all I have to say...

Geez.. you all that bought the Longbox of books from Comicseekers and are complaining.. come on! What did you expect... it's a 150 dollar box filled with 300 comics. That's 50 cents a comic. It's a bargin bin box for christs sake. Not to mention the shipping fees he paid.

Yeah I got a stack of the hero's books too... I'll see if I can sell the lot of them on ebay for a couple bucks. But everyone should have expected to get 50cent to 2 buck books.. nothing more... yeah I was hoping an All star western #10, a Spiderman #121 or a run of Bronze age X-men would have somehow sneaked in my box.. but alas one didn't -

So ... just because it's cheap you automatically loose your right to complain if you don't receive what's advertised?

So ... just because it's cheap you automatically loose your right to complain if you don't receive what's advertised?

Sounds like the logic someone tried to use with the CAP FREAK situation. I think money spent has nothing to do with being allowed to raise concerns.

So how much didja get? hm

That is a little tricky on the cheap long boxes where shipping is a high % of the transaction. Did he offer a full refund if you returned them at your expense?

Sounds like the logic someone tried to use with the CAP FREAK situation. I think money spent has nothing to do with being allowed to raise concerns.

I was under the impression that the probation list was for deals that one party or another didnt honor. Money changed hands and books were sent...that is not disputed.

Dissatisfaction with the product is another matter and probably needs to be dealt with between the two parties and leave the boards out of it. Someone else might be completely happy with what they got. Its a subjective argument and therefore not a valid concern for the probation list.

Thats my opinion.

Hi Everyone,

I just got in and cannot believe that KEN (POE) is trying to ruin my rep. This is exactly what I told him via pm after I received threatening pm's from him:

Thanks Ken,

I really appreciate how nice a person your are! I told you to return it for a refund, less shipping, what is your problem! However if there is any missing comics and they are the NOT the same ones I sent or damaged, I will not refund.

Also for your name calling me of a rip off artist! I have been here for years and members know how fair I am, it seems to me that you are the con artist my friend! How am I to know that you did not pick through the items you want and now want to return the box. Also, filing a paypal claim and then notifying me about it after the fact! RED FLAG!

I will make sure that the board members read all these notes!

Sergio

Hi Everyone,

I just got in and cannot believe that KEN (POE) is trying to ruin my rep. This is exactly what I told him via pm after I received threatening pm's from him:

Thanks Ken,

I really appreciate how nice a person your are! I told you to return it for a refund, less shipping, what is your problem! However if there is any missing comics and they are the NOT the same ones I sent or damaged, I will not refund.

Also for your name calling me of a rip off artist! I have been here for years and members know how fair I am, it seems to me that you are the con artist my friend! How am I to know that you did not pick through the items you want and now want to return the box. Also, filing a paypal claim and then notifying me about it after the fact! RED FLAG!

Sergio

:o

I had hoped not to do this and have probably waited way too long, but here goes.

I had bought 5 TTA pedigrees from brasseye around November last year...he was kind enough to give me time payments with the money due the middle of January. I paid off the balance (over $5500.00) by 1/23 and agreed to send him the paypal fees he incurred (he claimed over $150.00) as he would have preferred bank transfer. I did not feel safe with a bank transfer so I agreed to pay his paypal fees. The books finally ship and arrive on 2/20 minus one of the books TTA 95 9.4 Northland which was $450.00.

I emailed him and sent PM's and did not hear back from him for a week. He finally responded saying he was stuck in New Zealand with Visa issues and was going to see if he could work out the book getting sent from England. After a month I emailed/PM'd again and the same promise again was made that he would try to get someone to ship the book out for him. By mid April I emailed and PM'd to ask for a refund as it was obvious that he could not get the book to me. He read my PM but did not reply...I PM'd/emailed a week later and once again he did not reply. I have not heard from him and he hasn't posted since 4/27...I want either the book or the cash, either resolution would be fine...if any English board members have any contact with him please get in contact with him to make this right...It's probably too late to file a chargeback through paypal but I will try...I made the last payment through a CC so I will go that route as well.

Wow, you never got that book? i figured that mess was cleaned up a looooong time ago :(

Unfortunately not...hopefully by posting here someone can get in touch with him and help me work it out...I hope everything is OK as well...I can't rememer Stace not posting for this long either...I truly like Stace and have had many great conversations with him about the hobby...I just want this transaction concluded as I am out a good chunk of change...

You ship my books yet? :baiting:

I won't wait but 2 weeks to out some one.

:P +1

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Ken,

Sergio

I don't think I would have proudly posted this.

By the way, just out of curiosity, were there 300 Marvel and DC books in the lot? Were there any VF/NM books in the lot? Did some of the books have water damage? Were there more than 5 books of one issue in the lot?

I've got a box to sell you for $150...

I've conducted both sales and purchases from Sergio on some high dollar items and been happy with our transactions as both a buyer and seller. So for my part, I have nothing but compliments to him for the way we conducted business.

Offering a refund minus shipping isn't unheard of--even on eBay, and if he's offering this (which it sounds like he is), I don't see a problem. Sure, it's generous to for the seller to offer to refund return shipping, but it's not mandatory. I've returned a book now and then and I've eaten the costs because I was completely unhappy with either how the items arrived (due to poor packaging) or with their representation. In instances where I would be happy with the purchased items but not at the price I paid, I talk to the seller and ask for a partial refund. This has also worked well when I've maintained as positive a tone as possible.

I know that's just my 2c but I'm sure with some friendly communication, this can get worked out. :wishluck: