• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm confused by a lot of these statements. I am working to pay everyone back. PayPal is reviewing everyones refund and are taking a lot of time to do so.

What is confusing Connor? Where are you seeing PayPal holding up the process?

i'm currently working on a resolution at this time with connor to make sure all are reimbursed. so whoever was impacted by this, send me a pm with your email address, how much is owed and if possible a link to the thread that you bought the books (just for verification). it looks like it is almost impossible to get him the money to disburse at this time and i and everyone else wants this over with asap.

j

You're a good man J for taking all this on to resolve the situation.

Thanks for showing so much care. (thumbs u

I'll second that. Looks like the little turd gets away without even doing any legwork at all.

I seriously hope you learn from this CAPFreak. There won't always be people who are willing or prepared to dig you out of your own holes.

Guys...in defense of Connor, I'll have to take the heat for this.

I had been working with Connor via pm's to try to get this straightened out and everyone paid back as quickly as possible. Because of the previous mess with his Paypal account, it didn't look like that was going to be a reliable option. The only other option would have been for Junkenstein99 to mail Connor the $100 he still owed on the book, and then for Connor to mail out the remaining refunds he owed to people once he received these funds. Not the best solution either.

So...when I saw Junkenstein99 offer to disburse the refunds for Connor to ensure everyone got their money in a timely manner...I pm'd Connor and suggested he take him up on his offer.

Is it a perfect solution? Absolutely not, and I apologize for that. However, my ultimate goal was for everyone to be made whole again and I figured this was the best option for that. I just figured everyone was getting tired of dealing with it and I'm sure Connor was eager to put it all behind him as well.

So, if anyone needs to yell at someone or vent their frustration, please direct that towards me. I certainly won't hold it against you, as I know this whole situation has been a pretty major headache for a lot of you. For what it's worth, I would like to humbly apologize for stepping into the middle of it without being able to come up with a better solution.

Someone should kick you in the head. Hard. You have some nerve apologizing for sticking your nose into Conner's mess and attempting to help out. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for and the efforts of you and Junkenstein99 are appreciated. Your efforts are what make the boards special despite the :censored: growing pains of members like capfreak or the antisocial behaviour of some.

I'm confused by a lot of these statements. I am working to pay everyone back. PayPal is reviewing everyones refund and are taking a lot of time to do so.

Actually, Connor I don't see you working to make sure that everyone is paid in full. If it was noticeable do you think anyone would still be talking about this? Communication is key. Why are you soley relying on Paypal anyway? Surely there are other means of getting refunds to everyone. Commerce did exist prior to paypal.

What's confusing here?

That Paypal was unable to recover any money from your account when I won the PP dispute, and that I therefore didn't get squat?

Or that when you then sent me an e-check refund, your bank declined to honor that payment, so, again, I didn't get squat?

Or that you still come on here & feign innocence from time to time even though you've proven again & again that you really couldn't care less about making things right?

I can't believe this mess is still going on.

+ 1

And the shame is this has happened before and folks wrote it off as just a kid who needed a break.

In retrospect he did need a break...just not the kind of break they were thinking.

Just one day this week...

Just only one day did I log on here and see more posts in kudos than here in probation...

:(

PayPal is reviewing everyones refund and are taking a lot of time to do so.

And you're OK with blaming somebody taking their time to resolve a situation? Maybe they're playing on their XBox doh!

I had hoped not to do this and have probably waited way too long, but here goes.

I had bought 5 TTA pedigrees from brasseye around November last year...he was kind enough to give me time payments with the money due the middle of January. I paid off the balance (over $5500.00) by 1/23 and agreed to send him the paypal fees he incurred (he claimed over $150.00) as he would have preferred bank transfer. I did not feel safe with a bank transfer so I agreed to pay his paypal fees. The books finally ship and arrive on 2/20 minus one of the books TTA 95 9.4 Northland which was $450.00.

I emailed him and sent PM's and did not hear back from him for a week. He finally responded saying he was stuck in New Zealand with Visa issues and was going to see if he could work out the book getting sent from England. After a month I emailed/PM'd again and the same promise again was made that he would try to get someone to ship the book out for him. By mid April I emailed and PM'd to ask for a refund as it was obvious that he could not get the book to me. He read my PM but did not reply...I PM'd/emailed a week later and once again he did not reply. I have not heard from him and he hasn't posted since 4/27...I want either the book or the cash, either resolution would be fine...if any English board members have any contact with him please get in contact with him to make this right...It's probably too late to file a chargeback through paypal but I will try...I made the last payment through a CC so I will go that route as well.

Wow, you never got that book? i figured that mess was cleaned up a looooong time ago :(

I had hoped not to do this and have probably waited way too long, but here goes.

I had bought 5 TTA pedigrees from brasseye around November last year...he was kind enough to give me time payments with the money due the middle of January. I paid off the balance (over $5500.00) by 1/23 and agreed to send him the paypal fees he incurred (he claimed over $150.00) as he would have preferred bank transfer. I did not feel safe with a bank transfer so I agreed to pay his paypal fees. The books finally ship and arrive on 2/20 minus one of the books TTA 95 9.4 Northland which was $450.00.

I emailed him and sent PM's and did not hear back from him for a week. He finally responded saying he was stuck in New Zealand with Visa issues and was going to see if he could work out the book getting sent from England. After a month I emailed/PM'd again and the same promise again was made that he would try to get someone to ship the book out for him. By mid April I emailed and PM'd to ask for a refund as it was obvious that he could not get the book to me. He read my PM but did not reply...I PM'd/emailed a week later and once again he did not reply. I have not heard from him and he hasn't posted since 4/27...I want either the book or the cash, either resolution would be fine...if any English board members have any contact with him please get in contact with him to make this right...It's probably too late to file a chargeback through paypal but I will try...I made the last payment through a CC so I will go that route as well.

Wow, you never got that book? i figured that mess was cleaned up a looooong time ago :(

Unfortunately not...hopefully by posting here someone can get in touch with him and help me work it out...I hope everything is OK as well...I can't rememer Stace not posting for this long either...I truly like Stace and have had many great conversations with him about the hobby...I just want this transaction concluded as I am out a good chunk of change...

Unfortunately not...hopefully by posting here someone can get in touch with him and help me work it out...I hope everything is OK as well...I can't rememer Stace not posting for this long either...I truly like Stace and have had many great conversations with him about the hobby...I just want this transaction concluded as I am out a good chunk of change...

PM for you dude (thumbs u

I may be way off but it's an avenue to explore...

Divad:

It has now been 32 days and TVanderZwaag has still not communicated with me or done anything at all to resolve the busted book deal.Add him to the list,please.

History always repeats itself.

Another youngster makes The List. doh!

ay0ow5.jpg

I got ripped off by Comicseekers. I responded to a thread he had advertising long boxes of bronze comics. The box was suppose to contain only Marvel and DC comics and only be from the 70's. He guaranteed there wouldn't be any more than five of a given issue in the lot. Before buying I had messaged him telling him not to send me a box of beaters and we completed the sale.

When I got the box it wasn't as advertised. First, there were lots of comics that weren't Marvel or DC books. There were books from the 80's in the lot. I received massive duplication of issues including a whopping 35 copies of one book. Worst of all the entire lot was low grade garbage. These books were beat. Pieces missing, water damage, stains, writing, tears, ect. were present on the vast majority of the books. Wouldn't issue a full refund.

Hope the other people who bought these same lots fared better than I did.

Did you actually ask him for your $$ back and did he deny you? This is not eBay, people here actually talk to each other and try to work things out amongst themselves before coming out to the community when all avenues are exhausted.

You ship my books yet? :baiting:

I won't wait but 2 weeks to out some one.

I got ripped off by Comicseekers. I responded to a thread he had advertising long boxes of bronze comics. The box was suppose to contain only Marvel and DC comics and only be from the 70's. He guaranteed there wouldn't be any more than five of a given issue in the lot. Before buying I had messaged him telling him not to send me a box of beaters and we completed the sale.

When I got the box it wasn't as advertised. First, there were lots of comics that weren't Marvel or DC books. There were books from the 80's in the lot. I received massive duplication of issues including a whopping 35 copies of one book. Worst of all the entire lot was low grade garbage. These books were beat. Pieces missing, water damage, stains, writing, tears, ect. were present on the vast majority of the books. Wouldn't issue a full refund.

Hope the other people who bought these same lots fared better than I did.

I bought a box as well. I think you need to read the original ad...

It said at least 300 Marvel/DC. A long box contains more than 300 comics if they are unbagged/unboarded. My box contained about 300 Marvel/DC comics. It also contained about 40 comics that were clearly used as padding/filler (Heroes, Inc.) I'm assuming you got 35 copies of Heroes, Inc.

I think that ad said generally VG and up as well so I wasn't expecting to find 9.4+ comics. (I bought them to stick the books onto my comic rack generally.)

I don't think this thread is the place for this actually.

Original Sales Thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3225807#Post3225807

Edited by sckao