• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying, I have NOT received my box, so I'm not sure exactly how much "moral outrage" I should have. Have to say I'm a little amused at the "Buyer Beware" posts. In my opinion a Lie is a LIE. And at the very least, there are several discrepancies between what people have received and what was posted. I don't think it's too much to ask for honesty. I haven't been here long, but I can tell you, this isn't the wild west that ebay is and we shouldn't allow it to become that. I've had several successful transactions, many of them for what I consider a lot of money. My understanding of the rules are pretty simple. Just as with any other honest business transaction, the customer is always right. If they ain't happy, give them their money back. Must have missed the rule that states, "Screw others over IF you can get away with it." Should we, the ones that bought the boxes on faith, be penalized for being trusting? Would you feel the same way, if this was an unopened case of ASM 300's and they turned out to be a shortbox of beaters? I can tell you, I for one, will NOT do business that way, IF anyone that buys a book from me aren't happy with it, slabbed or not, send it back in it's original condition for a full refund, minus shipping costs. I post that in my listings and I stick by it 100%. I haven't contacted CS yet, because I haven't received what I bought, so I have no idea if what I bought is drek or not, but if it IS, I expect no less from him. If he doesn't comply, well then he's an and I won't buy from him again. For now I'm reserving judgment. But I hope that these boards aren't getting to the point that other boardies think it should be a "You get what you pay for" arena. A lie, no matter how small, is still a freaking lie. Ditto for fraud.

Hopefully things can be sorted out but I doubt it. It seems to be to have been intentional. I bought one of Filers boxes and was very happy with what was in it.

I would suggest that if any of you happen to be stuck with the books you might consider the following.

Ship them off to soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do that with many of the numerous reader books I have around and I know they enjoy them and trade them amongst themselves.

Donate them to a local charity, childrens hospital, DHS shelter or homeless shelter.

Somehow turn a bad experience into good karma.

Oh, and on the note of "profit sharing when you get a good deal"...

It is the seller's responsibility to the buyer to provide NO LESS than what was described.

It is the seller's responsibility to HIMSELF to provide no MORE than what was described.

If sellers give away 9.8 potential books as "raw NM"...that's the choice they've made, and the buyer owes them nothing.

If, however, the seller is selling 8.0 potential books as "raw NM"...he's wrong and shold be held responsible.

I gave away, in 1999, what would probably become a 9.4 Amazing Spiderman #94. Selling price? $15.

Oops.

well, before we all whip ourselves into a fervor, I want to see what others who are getting boxes think. I'm very curious about the contents per box. If each box is essentially identical, it should have been noted and potential buyers warned not to get more than one box of the same thing.

I would suggest that if any of you happen to be stuck with the books you might consider the following.

Ship them off to soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do that with many of the numerous reader books I have around and I know they enjoy them and trade them amongst themselves.

Donate them to a local charity, childrens hospital, DHS shelter or homeless shelter.

Line a birdcage for 50 years

Somehow turn a bad experience into good karma.

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

Hopefully things can be sorted out but I doubt it. It seems to be to have been intentional. I bought one of Filers boxes and was very happy with what was in it.

It sounds like a case of CS piggybacking his sale of on Filters reputation and you probably are happy because the box you received bears little resemblance to what CS sold these guys.

Can someone save me the trouble and just confirm that the last 150 posts relate to the "mystery box" deals? doh!

Take this discussion to General, as it doesn't belong in this thread. :sumo:

Can someone save me the trouble and just confirm that the last 150 posts relate to the "mystery box" deals? doh!

Is there a general complaints forum? In general right now, they're discussing National Parks. I'd hate to interrupt! ??? I don't see another forum here even close to this, as CS may find himself on the famous list and this is the best place for everyone to chime in. IMHO. hm

Check David...I already sprained my eyes, no need for you to do it too. Interesting reading at times though.

Is there a general complaints forum? In general right now, they're discussing National Parks. I'd hate to interrupt! ??? I don't see another forum here even close to this, as CS may find himself on the famous list and this is the best place for everyone to chime in. IMHO. hm

GENERAL DISCUSSION - about 4 threads down :gossip:

It is called "KEEP THE OTHER THREADS CLEAN."

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814&fpart=348

That's because you want to pay only $75 per box 0f 300 Bronze comics shipped! LOOK who's being deceptive!!! I am done responding on this thread, I will address whomever via pm.

"MYNAMEISLEGION" quotes -ComicSeekers just cancelled my paypal request for a partial refund. I'm fully prepared to go nuclear. :tonofbricks:

Sergio,

For the record I'm not making any claims about what anybody received. I have no idea what was in the boxes when you sold them other than what I know was in them when I sold them to you and what I'm reading in this thread.

The main reason I jumped in is because my name was brought up and I felt the need to set the record straight when you wrote "These were exactly as I got them from Adam". Also, from the early responses in this thread I got the feeling that some buyers were under the impression that you were using my description to sell the books, which led me to believe some PMs may have been taking place behind the scenes as well.

It was mentioned that you were selling these books the same way they were described to you, at the same price you paid, without removing or adding anything from the boxes. None of this is true. Which is why I decided to post a few of our PMs in this thread word for word.

As you may recall we also had a discussion prior to you purchasing these books about how some of the boxes were primarily water damaged. Also, from what I remember you told me you threw away 1 1/2 water damaged boxes when you got them which I never charged you for, so your actual cost if you still have those boxes is below $100/box.

They were sold to you with the extensive moisture damage described. They were listed as having Gs and G/VGs. (Not just VG to VF/NM). They were described as "low grade" and were sold as having up to 30-40 copies per issue.

Since the boxes were packed 350-360 tight when I shipped them as opposed to about 270 per box now (not counting heroes incs) by my math that still leaves about 1600 books unaccounted for. As far as whether they were cherry-picked, pulled to limit duplication to 5 per copy, or whether you still have them etc all I know is what you've told me. So I won't make any guesses. But I can say without question that there were definitely some VFs and VF/NMs in the boxes when i sold them to you.

Again, I'm not implying anything. My only interest in posting is to set a few facts straight, which as soon as my name was brought in I felt obligated to do. Thats all.

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

This is an ongoing dispute... and not enough time has passed. :gossip:

(Some people have not even received their boxes yet.)

I am confused.

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d