• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is NOT cool. Times are tough all around and this piece of dirt comes along, knowing what he was doing not only scammed and committed fraud, but taking money knowing he was being dishonest is plain stealing.

This dirtbag has been exposed and frankly should never be allowed to sell here ever again.

I'm not sure that I can side with the three last posters.

I agree that at this point he deserves to be there, but since he has delivered the goods and it's about the disagreement over the condition and amount of books, he should be given the same courtesy offered to any other potential list member, and be given the chance to make it right.

If he can work this out with the buyers who were unhappy, he should be given a reprieve...IMHO.

I respect that you are trying to be fair, but a SCAM IS SCAM. Let's not kid ourselves this was just a difference of opinion on grading.

Having the original owner come on and make it clear what they sold to him, and condition they made it very clear these books were in, and then he turns around and says something different to flip them is NOTHING like some of the recent situations.

This was a scam gone bad, and is blowing up in the seller's face.

Let's not try and handle this with kid gloves, but if he ever wants to do business on here the situation better be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I have to agree with Burntboy--and it has nothing to do positive transactions with Sergio on my part. As a community, we have (almost) always given the individual the opportunity to make right on their own, and in doing so, allowed them "back into the fold." For example, it appears Connor really only began to make things right (with much assistance) because he faced the risk of legal action, hence his staying in the Hall of Shame. Mind you, this doesn't mean it would be a complete cleaning of the slate--ALL of these posts in and of themselves speak volumes and will no doubt have a direct effect on CS's buying and selling ability on the board. And people often send friendly FYIs all the time to interested buyers or sellers to inform them about potentially shaky deals.

Clearly, it does seems as if there is a major discrepancy in the items described and the items received. I'm not advocating for inaction, but so long as reparations are made, I see no need for pitchforks and a lynch mob.

2c

Clearly Sergio needs to go on the Probation list.

And stay there.

+ 2

I agree that at this point he deserves to be there, but since he has delivered the goods and it's about the disagreement over the condition and amount of books, he should be given the same courtesy offered to any other potential list member, and be given the chance to make it right.

If he can work this out with the buyers who were unhappy, he should be given a reprieve...IMHO.

(thumbs u

This is NOT cool. Times are tough all around and this piece of dirt comes along, knowing what he was doing not only scammed and committed fraud, but taking money knowing he was being dishonest is plain stealing.

This dirtbag has been exposed and frankly should never be allowed to sell here ever again.

the problem is, the previous "issues" happening here are with people who have been on the probie list in the past, so i think there should be a permanent list with all of the violators listed with the add date and removal date (if applicable) and also a continuous list of the curret probies. (mods may be more open to this than branding losers with an "avatar of shame") maybe even put a warning as a reminder at the top of the selling boards to check the probation list?

A good point was brought up with that last rant i had about that guy selling the chew #1 to other boardies whilst (props to the uk boardies!) still present on the probie list.

"Just because you are on the list doesn't mean that you can't sell or buy, it's just a buyer beware list."

I'm for the whole if you are on the active list, NO BUY NO SELL. People will continue to do what they want unless there are actual ramifications. I know the mods state they are hands off and won't touch any sales problems, but will they be open to assist in giving strikes for sales issues? the community on here as a whole are powerless besides bringing to light the issues and the scammers but nothing beyond that.

this is a lawless town becoming a cesspool (or you can call it new jersey same definition) that needs some type of oversight.

and to all the scammers, really? is a few bucks really worth it? you really want to alienate yourself from a community that even in bad times can and will buy books? are you really that stupid or are you just a low esteem loser who will use the money scammed from possible repeat buyers to finally get out of your mom's basement?

Maybe you should just take your ideas and scams and go back to ebay. otherwise off!

j

Adam,

I also told you that there were water damaged comics in this lot. Out of the 20 boxes I pulled 2/12 long boxes of comics that are water damaged. That is about 700 comics that I have and anyone can have all 700 comics if they choose.

I made sure that comics were at least VG and range through VF/NM

The Werewolfs and Horrors/Giant Sizes/ Lil Pals / Millies had water damage and they are in the boxes with water damage, again whoever wants them can have them,

I made sure to separate all the comics into groups of 5 of less per box as stated.

The $125 per box is what I paid for each considering almost 3 full boxes are water damaged and I have here for anyone who wants them

I stuffed the ends of the long white boxes with Heroes as extra added padding.

This is exactly what I did! I did not keep any comics, I wanted to make sure that each box was full with 5 copies or less of a certain issue, and that they were VG to VF/NM

I did each and every one of those things.

By the way, for anyone curious, these are how the books were described via PM prior to being sold by me. (Again, not posting to be a jerk or make anyone look bad, but my name was brought up a few times here and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea)

Filter: Overall these would probably be considered low grade for bronze. Some books are wavy from water damage, but most aren't. (This statement was amended in a later PM after a second look revealed a larger number of water damaged books than it appeared at first glance which was discussed in detail prior to and again after the purchase.) There are some Gs/GVGs on the low end, and on the high end there are some Fs, VFs, and VF/NMs. So the grades range a lot but as a group they'd probably be considered lower grade bronze age. The boxes are a bit weird in the sense that some have pretty heavy multiples and others appear to have little or no multiples. I haven't gone through these much but I think there probably are a few issues that may have upwards of 30-40 copies. But this is not the case with all of them.

Comicseekers: anything worth anything in this collection..ex multiples of peter parker 1, if there are a lot of x-men and spiderman , Hulk , Capt America, Horror I'll probable take it

Filter: Honestly there's not a whole lot in terms of key issues. I think I saw some Vault of Evil 1s in pretty nice shape... some pretty beat up Werewolf by Night 1s. Some spideys. Not a lot of X-mens. I saw some 20 cent and 25 cent FFs, a good amount of horror titles, some Thors in nice shape, some Caps. Also a lot of weaker stuff like Ms Marvel, Devil Dinosaur, etc. I've left everything that arrived in the boxes there (I haven't removed anything for myself) but for the most part I think the boxes were already cherry-picked of the really good stuff before I even got them. The boxes are packed tight though. A couple of the boxes have some books that are bagged which probably brings the count down a little bit and some have some giant sized issues, but the unbagged boxes (which are most of them) I've counted as many as 350-360 books per box.

when we did the deal it was 20 boxes packed about 350-360 tight, with no heroes incs.except the case i threw in free as part of the deal. The 20 boxes were originally sold for $2000 ($100 a box.)

I respect that you are trying to be fair, but a SCAM IS SCAM. Let's not kid ourselves this was just a difference of opinion on grading.

Having the original owner come on and make it clear what they sold to him, and condition they made it very clear these books were in, and then he turns around and says something different to flip them is NOTHING like some of the recent situations.

This was a scam gone bad, and is blowing up in the seller's face.

Let's not try and handle this with kid gloves, but if he ever wants to do business on here the situation better be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I have to agree with Burntboy--and it has nothing to do positive transactions with Sergio on my part. As a community, we have (almost) always given the individual the opportunity to make right on their own, and in doing so, allowed them "back into the fold." For example, it appears Connor really only began to make things right (with much assistance) because he faced the risk of legal action, hence his staying in the Hall of Shame. Mind you, this doesn't mean it would be a complete cleaning of the slate--ALL of these posts in and of themselves speak volumes and will no doubt have a direct effect on CS's buying and selling ability on the board. And people often send friendly FYIs all the time to interested buyers or sellers to inform them about potentially shaky deals.

Clearly, it does seems as if there is a major discrepancy in the items described and the items received. I'm not advocating for inaction, but so long as reparations are made, I see no need for pitchforks and a lynch mob.

2c

no time to listen to a voice of reason :sumo: ! It's time for public self destruction!

just kidding Forrest :foryou:

j

I am done defending myself because there is nothing to defend!

The decription of each long box is exactly as described and I even added the Heroes Inc #1's as padding for free.

I am sorry if there weren't comics of expectation for some buyer.

Each and every box had Marvel and DC comics, not more than 5 of the same issue per box, all VG to VF/NM, all 1970's Bronze.

Again I have about 700 water damaged bronze comics that anyone can have if they choose.

Well, I just received a pm from Comicseekers and was informed he wasn't giving me one penny. I'm not surprised. I predicted as much in conversations I had and am still currently having with people about this whole scam. As I said in one pm - "I doubt I've been put on his Christmas card list."

At the time I had made the initial post about all of this I wasn't completely aware that it had all been a larger scheme he had come up with to steal peoples money. I simply thought I had entered into a bad transaction.

Promised 300 Marvel/DC comics. Received less than 270. He "guaranteed" no more than 5 copies of an issue. I received massive amounts of duplication far in excess of that. He listed a grade range of vg-vf/nm. The entire lot, except for the worthless Heroes Inc issues, were in g/g+ condition at best.

It became apparent immediately that he had lied to me in pm's prior to the sale and that he wasn't going to do anything to correct the situation after I had received my big box of garbage. The number of lies he was spewing was starting to mount and after conversing with some other people who had also purchased these lots from him it was obvious it wasn't just me he was deceiving. By the way Comicseeker, if you are reading this (and I'm sure you are) the lie you told in the response to the paypal claim about being able to sell the Heroes Inc comics for $15 each made me laugh out loud.

When he told yet another lie about the composition of the boxes, and in doing so implied that Filter81 was a rip off artist, he unwittingly unleashed the final piece of the puzzle. Adam came into the thread, told the truth and exposed Comicseeker for what he is. A liar. Further information released by Adam showed that Comicseeker had told another lie in the sales thread itslelf when he claimed he was selling the boxes for exactly what Adam had charged him. Fact is he was charged $100 a box and sold them for $150 per. And only after he had cherry picked the boxes he claims he never opened.

So, here we are. I've had $150 stolen from me. Others have had far more than that taken.

He needs to be banned from ever selling on these boards again.

Participants

#1363943 - 06/09/09 11:27 AM 3 long comic boxes

comicseekers comicseekers

I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: LA, CALIFORNIA Thanks for the order...the total is $450 Shipped.

Please send payment to:

SERGIODUQUEC@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks again

Sergio

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#1364026 - 06/09/09 12:11 PM Re: 3 long comic boxes

CJ CJ

If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Louisiana Payment has been made via paypal

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

#1364033 - 06/09/09 12:15 PM Re: 3 long comic boxes

Loc: LA, CALIFORNIA thank...will ship tomorrow..

Sergio

#1394966 - 06/24/09 11:28 AM Re: 3 long comic boxes

CJ CJ

Loc: Louisiana These boxes are junk.

Most are water damaged annd none of he 3 are full...besides all 3 boxes containing the majority of the same issues.

This needs to be fixed.

I need to hear from you soon regarding this situation

Chris

#1395010 - 06/24/09 11:50 AM Re: 3 long comic boxes

Loc: LA, CALIFORNIA Chris,

I pulled the water damaged comics out! I had originally purchased 20 from Adam and out of those I pulled out about 700 water damaged comics that I still have, which you can have!

#1395018 - 06/24/09 11:55 AM Re: 3 long comic boxes

CJ CJ

Loc: Louisiana I still have plenty of water damged comics in my far from full boxes.

Am I to take it from your reply that your only resolution for this matter is to have the water damaged comics you still have in your possession.

I want a refund

#1395044 - 06/24/09 12:08 PM Re: 3 long comic boxes

Loc: LA, CALIFORNIA That's a load of *spoon* and you know it! I pulled out all the water damaged comics.

#1395077 - 06/24/09 12:21 PM Re: 3 long comic boxes

CJ CJ

Loc: Louisiana The only load of *spoon* is the 3 boxes you sent me for $450.00

I see talking to you will do nothing to resolve this so paypal and credit card company will have to be involved.

Unread By: comicseekers

Page 1 of 1 1

PM's with CS not going well for any kind of restitution

The decription of each long box is exactly as described and I even added the Heroes Inc #1's as padding for free.

Each and every box had Marvel and DC comics, not more than 5 of the same issue per box, all VG to VF/NM, all 1970's Bronze.

Again I have about 700 water damaged bronze comics that anyone can have if they choose.

DID YOU READ THE POST RIGHT BELOW YOURS??

How u figure there are exactly as described?? Dont think so buddy..

I've not received mine yet, but just because you're acting this way, I'll document mine from receipt, to opening the box, and show pictures of everything I get in it.

I'm not saying that I've been scammed because I've not received them yet, but I'll have plenty of evidence to back it up either way. This is for my protection because someone is not telling the truth, you...or everyone else. We'll see who it is.

I think it's pretty clear what happened: the content of the boxes were exaggerated, the condition was exaggerated, and the boxes were cherry picked.

Ive read this thread from the get go. I agree with the above poster. I dont know anyone, and I mean anyone who buys boxes in quantity, that doesnt look through them. Its just human nature, and the thrill of possibly finding something in there. Ive bought back stocks and such of up to 40 boxes and looked through every one, period. You just never know what could be in there that someone missed, and Ive found plenty of nice books in the garbage. I hate to see this popping up on these boards. E-bay and Craiglist are becoming notorious for daily scams and . I dont want to see it starting to spill onto these boards. There needs to be a line drawn, period. Cross the line, your fricking out.

DRX

I'll back up CS a bit here.

First of all, from his sales thread it looks like he sold 18 long boxes and not 15. I can believe that if there were water damaged books, especially if heavily damaged, that he pulled those out. But even if not, so what. I'll grant that his discussion leans towards selling the boxes "the same as he got them from Filter81" Still, in the sales thread Qualtiycomics early on mentions that they went from Koch to Neat Stuff to Filter and had been culled all along the way.

Plus if you believe that the water damaged boxes were pulled and you factor in postage, he really is selling them for about what he paid. He was selling them for $150 shipped and postage via media mail is about $18 per.

They are then being sold as a mystery box. Everyone gets their panties in a twist if they are out $75 but if they happen to make $150 nobody comes running back sharing the profits. It's similar to buying a NM book and sending it to CGC, getting an 8.5 and demanding a refund but you get a 9.8 and HAHAHAHA.

As a seller CS has hurt his reputation. Whether grossly or only slightly misrepresenting what is sold - it hurts his reputation. The self policing on this board has done a nice job as usual.

But the outrage for being scammed is getting a bit much. It sounds like most folks were out 10% of the number of books with another 10% were over duplicated than advertised. Plus some in less than advertised condition. I partly feel like you get what you pay for. Sort of like paying money to a Carney and not winning the big prize.

From a disinterested party's point of view I'd go with a $50 refund per box as fair compensation. Tempest in a teapot here folks.

Link to the Original CS Sales Thread

Some formatting might help here :)

Pictures would be good as well?

comicseekers 06/09/09 11:27 AM

Thanks for the order...the total is $450 Shipped.

Please send payment to:

SERGIODUQUEC@HOTMAIL.COM

Thanks again

Sergio

CJ 06/09/09 12:11 PM

Payment has been made via paypal

comicseekers 06/09/09 12:15 PM

thank...will ship tomorrow..

Sergio

CJ 06/24/09 11:28 AM

These boxes are junk.

Most are water damaged annd none of he 3 are full...besides all 3 boxes containing the majority of the same issues.

This needs to be fixed.

I need to hear from you soon regarding this situation

comicseekers 06/24/09 11:50 AM

I pulled the water damaged comics out! I had originally purchased 20 from Adam and out of those I pulled out about 700 water damaged comics that I still have, which you can have!

CJ 06/24/09 11:55 AM

I still have plenty of water damged comics in my far from full boxes.

Am I to take it from your reply that your only resolution for this matter is to have the water damaged comics you still have in your possession.

I want a refund

comicseekers 06/24/09 12:08 PM

That's a load of *spoon* and you know it! I pulled out all the water damaged comics.

CJ 06/24/09 12:21 PM

The only load of *spoon* is the 3 boxes you sent me for $450.00

I see talking to you will do nothing to resolve this so paypal and credit card company will have to be involved.

I thought the news on TV was depressing but this thread is worse. What happened to the friendly, honest and cooperative board we once had.

It is obvious that multiple respected buyers consider the long boxes to be overgraded, overduplicated and under appreciated.

Edited by thehumantorch