• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Can someone save me the trouble and just confirm that the last 150 posts relate to the "mystery box" deals? doh!

Take this discussion to General, as it doesn't belong in this thread. :sumo:

Is there a general complaints forum? In general right now, they're discussing National Parks. I'd hate to interrupt! ??? I don't see another forum here even close to this, as CS may find himself on the famous list and this is the best place for everyone to chime in. IMHO. hm

GENERAL DISCUSSION - about 4 threads down :gossip:

Merci beaucoup. :grin:

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

It does not, my original question still stands.

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

I truly feel bad for the buyers left with these boxes. I don't have any fight in this and don't want to clutter up this thread any further but someone had requested a list of member that were ever on probation. This is the original list I posted on 05/26/09.

Here's the running list of removed offenders that I compiled yesterday. In alpha order.

boechler added 9/19/08 - Removed 11/08/08

Cap_FFreak or CAP Freak added 6/20/07 - Removed on 9/30/07 - Back on 10/11/07 - Removed 10/20/07 - Added 5/21/09

Chi Bamm added 8/7/07 - Removed 8/30/07 *Was called in for reserve duty in Iraq

comicseekers added 6/1/07 - Removed on 7/6/07

daken2626 added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/13/07

Dbostejano added 10/12/08 - Removed 4/09/09

DiceX added 12/7/07 - Removed 1/16/08

Fandango added 11/7/07 - Removed 2/20/08

Golf Clap Graemlin added 10/22/07 - Removed 10/23/07

Hobo added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/14/08

HUSH added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/12/07

IITravel - added 3/28/07 - Removed 6/1/07

Joker-Fish added 8/9/07 - Removed 9/13/08

klozd24seven added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/19/08

lighthouse added 6/13/07 - Removed on 6/20/07 - Back on 9/30/07

Matmarvel added 2/14/08 - Removed 2/15/08

newkingintown added 10/18/07 - Removed 5/20/08

old man added 7/06/07 - Removed sometime before 8/16/07 - Back on 12/7/07 - Removed 5/21/08

spongerob86 added 2/21/08 - Removed 8/15/08

TVanderZwaag added 3/12/09 - Removed 3/12/09

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

Well, I question your level of reading comprehension then . . . :whistle:

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he claimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or the circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

While I'm the one that has been perhaps the most vocal about the ComicSeekers thing, as Sckao said, this is ongoing. I'm pretty hot under the collar, ComicSeeker is pretty hot under the collar as well as we've exchanged PM's but I think we both realize that we need to cool off. Sergio is going to get back to me tomorrow and I'm going to shut my trap so as not to add fuel to the fire. I think all the pertinent facts and positions have been adequately presented so there's no need to beat a dead horse when the funeral is tomorrow.

Thanks Cutey! The bold below should have given some people the heads-up :)

I truly feel bad for the buyers left with these boxes. I don't have any fight in this and don't want to clutter up this thread any further but someone had requested a list of member that were ever on probation. This is the original list I posted on 05/26/09.

Here's the running list of removed offenders that I compiled yesterday. In alpha order.

Cap_FFreak or CAP Freak added 6/20/07 - Removed on 9/30/07 - Back on 10/11/07 - Removed 10/20/07 - Added 5/21/09

old man added 7/06/07 - Removed sometime before 8/16/07 - Back on 12/7/07 - Removed 5/21/08

While I'm the one that has been perhaps the most vocal about the ComicSeekers thing, as Sckao said, this is ongoing. I'm pretty hot under the collar, ComicSeeker is pretty hot under the collar as well as we've exchanged PM's but I think we both realize that we need to cool off. Sergio is going to get back to me tomorrow and I'm going to shut my trap so as not to add fuel to the fire. I think all the pertinent facts and positions have been adequately presented so there's no need to beat a dead horse when the funeral is tomorrow.

Yes, taking a deep breath is always a good alternative. ;)

I am confused.

PMS,

cheers,

-d

Well, I question your level of reading comprehension then . . . :whistle:

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he calimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

Actually I do not care what you think about my level of treading comprehension. This complaint belongs here, period. There is no point in multiple probation threads for bad buyers/sellers and since there is already a person listed as a scammer then it stands to reason that scammers belong here.

Thanks Cutey! The bold below should have given some people the heads-up :)

Don't forget about this post when he was added on 5/10/09.

and then you find this in the KUDOS thread about these boxes...someone must have gotten the 1 box that he cherry picked for himself,and sent out on accident...

hm

Bought a couple long boxes of bronze age from 'comicseekers' and couldnt be happier... thanks so much. Great sale and shipping.

Edited by kryptospidey

WTF am I going to do with 100 copies of 5 issue of mid grade Star Wars, or Marvel Tales, Conan, Marvel Premiere 3-D man, etc. I'm going to end of throwing them out is what.
Donate them to your local library at cover and deduct the total from your taxes. Or drop them off at the VA or a children's hospital and do the same. Sure 300 * $0.25 is only $75 but you paid for the shipping with the price. Write it off as a loss either way but turn it into something good.

Just for the records I sent the following PM's to the buyers who purchased and are unhappy:

I understand you are upset but you should also understand that I did not do anything wrong. I took out all the water damaged garbage that was in this collection almost 3 full long boxes of it! I then made sure that each of the 18 boxes had no more than 5 of a kind. I am a very fair person and will and would NOT screw anyone. I learned my lesson never to sell bulk again. I will work something out with anyone who is unhappy but need to figure out what is fair.

I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sergio

Just for the records I sent the following PM's to the buyers who purchased and are unhappy:

I understand you are upset but you should also understand that I did not do anything wrong. I took out all the water damaged garbage that was in this collection almost 3 full long boxes of it! I then made sure that each of the 18 boxes had no more than 5 of a kind. I am a very fair person and will and would NOT screw anyone. I learned my lesson never to sell bulk again. I will work something out with anyone who is unhappy but need to figure out what is fair.

Sergio

Thanks for clarifying this. If what you say is true, then all those complainers are just upset that they didn't find treasure in their treasure-hunt-box. I always wonder how people on ebay avoid getting negative feedback when the buyer of a mystery box is unsatisfied at its contents.

However, if someone did happen to open a box, that say, had a bunch of water-damaged comics, and more than 5 of a kind in it, etc., how would this be explained?

when we did the deal it was 20 boxes packed about 350-360 tight, with no heroes incs.except the case i threw in free as part of the deal. The 20 boxes were originally sold for $2000 ($100 a box.)

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

You sell CS a TWENTY-longbox lot for $100 a box, toss in a Heroes Inc case for free, then he miraculously comes on selling FIFTEEN boxes, supposedly unsearched and for the "same price I bought them at" of $150 a box.

Do the math people, and CS obviously cherry-picked the 20 longboxes, sold off or kept about 6-7 of them (as Filter81 has confirmed), used the Heroes Inc to extend this to 15 longboxes full, then resold the remaining junk for MORE than he bought the original 20 longboxes for.

This is bad news, and from claims in his sales thread, this is an obvious scam perpetrated on the forum faithful.

After skimming the recent posts this is what I walked away with too. :(

I have no problem with CS cherry picking the boxes, or asking what he did for them as they were his books and his sales thread. But he should not have advertised what he was selling to what he bought from Adam as the same thing because clearly they were not.

It sounds like a classic case of passing the buck, or in this case junky comics.

You know when I left last night things were looking up.

Probably just an oversight-didn't sort through them well because there were so many.

Now... :(

If I may suggest:

Perhaps there should be a locked probation list thread accessible only by this forums moderators and this massive discussion thread become the "probation discussion thread"

First of all I just want to say "THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!"

I've just spent an hour reading through all of this, I don't even have to watch TV anymore.

But that I completely agree with Sub.

Problems with sellers should stay in the Sellers forum, discussion and all.

The probation list really does not change that much and would not tax the mods too much to give them the only access. Once it's decided that someone is on probation then they should be asked to change the list by a very short few pre-determined members (probably Divad as one, lol).

Sergio

Sergio,

I have not received my box yet, but when I do and IF it contains the same drek that the others have posted, then you will be hearing from me as well. I do NOT think you have addressed Adam's post regarding what you posted and what he asserts. For instance:

You said you were selling these boxes for what you paid for them, Adam says you paid LESS than 100 dollars. Are you saying that Adam is lying?

You said the boxes were packed with 350+ books of Bronze mix of marvel and DC, several buyers have stated that they have received LESS than 300 bronze books total and in some cases 270 bronze books and 30 Heroes books. How did the books get from the 360+ that Adam asserts and the 300 that were received IF you didn't cherry pick them? Again, I have not seen you once refute anything that Adam has posted.

I'm not "steaming" about this as I don't currently have anything to be steamed about. I'd just like to see you stand behind your words. I'm not confronting you about this privately, because this is something that YOU posted for everyone to see.

Note, that I will document the arrival of my box and the contents of the box and that I will post the findings on the boards, good or bad.

Michael

Human error....I had to go through 20 long boxes of comics and take out the water damaged ones, make sure that I only placed 5 of the same in each box, then pull the Heroes from other boxes to use as filler protection at the end of the boxes...but maybe I missed some...for that I apologyze.

I have been selling on these boards for over 2 years and would not intentially screw anyone on these boards or anywhere for that matter.

Sergio

Thanks for clarifying this. If what you say is true, then all those complainers are just upset that they didn't find treasure in their treasure-hunt-box. I always wonder how people on ebay avoid getting negative feedback when the buyer of a mystery box is unsatisfied at its contents.

However, if someone did happen to open a box, that say, had a bunch of water-damaged comics, and more than 5 of a kind in it, etc., how would this be explained?

Don't forget about this post when he was added on 5/10/09.

Oops, updated:

comicseekers added 6/1/07 - Removed on 7/6/07 - Back on 5/10/09 and removed 6/2/09

TVanderZwaag added 3/12/09 - Removed 3/12/09 and Back on 6/24/09