• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I bought 2 books from a seller and one was destroyed in shipping due to faulty packing, over the past week the seller has repeatedly refused to come to any type of agreement on compensation and has accused me of doing the damage. I provided numerous pictures and told him exactly why it happened (due to his poor packing job) but he has refused to listen.

Do I need to wait 30 days to nominate him for the list or can I do it now since he flatly refuses to take any responsibility/compensate me? I have already opened a PayPal dispute since he refuses to issue a refund.

Did you send him a PM letting him know about this thread? ?

I've been going back and forth with him for a week now, last night I told him if he didn't come to some kind of agreement (after multiple requests) I would open the PayPal dispute and post here.

Are you sure that the damage was caused by bad packaging?

At any rate, you don't have to wait 30 days.

Positive, the books were not secured in the box and were allow to move around in the box and one corner on the said book was crushed.

'

Did you take any pics. In a situation like that, its best sometimes to take pics of the box before and after it's opened. Just a suggestion.

He said he provided the seller with numerous pics. Perhaps he should post them here.

I bought 2 books from a seller and one was destroyed in shipping due to faulty packing, over the past week the seller has repeatedly refused to come to any type of agreement on compensation and has accused me of doing the damage. I provided numerous pictures and told him exactly why it happened (due to his poor packing job) but he has refused to listen.

Do I need to wait 30 days to nominate him for the list or can I do it now since he flatly refuses to take any responsibility/compensate me? I have already opened a PayPal dispute since he refuses to issue a refund.

I've been going back and forth with him for a week now, last night I told him if he didn't come to some kind of agreement (after multiple requests) I would open the PayPal dispute and post here.

Its a legit problem, who is it?

Are you sure that the damage was caused by bad packaging?

At any rate, you don't have to wait 30 days.

Positive, the books were not secured in the box and were allow to move around in the box and one corner on the said book was crushed.

'

Did you take any pics. In a situation like that, its best sometimes to take pics of the box before and after it's opened. Just a suggestion.

The box was barely damaged (one corner was a bit smashed and only noticeable after I saw the book was destroyed and looked at the book more closely), I took many pictures of the crushed book and 1/2 back.

Just send him a new PM in a new PM thread stating clearly that you've brought him up here. It's one of the steps.

And you gotta reveal his name. No one goes on the list nameless. :sumo:

OK this is getting STUPID! How can sellers on Ebay get added to the list who are not even members to the forums just for adding CGC IT. Even if they belong to the forums its stupid! Did they cheat anyone? No! They just wasted 20 seconds of your time! Who cares, I don't, when I search for books on Ebay I just scroll past them

"CGC IT!" lover!! burn him!!!

OK this is getting STUPID! How can sellers on Ebay get added to the list who are not even members to the forums just for adding CGC IT. Even if they belong to the forums its stupid! Did they cheat anyone? No! They just wasted 20 seconds of your time! Who cares, I don't, when I search for books on Ebay I just scroll past them

"CGC IT!" lover!! burn him!!!

No not a lover, I just don't let it bother me.

Just add the following to your eBay search:

-"cgc it" -"cgc worthy"

Use the double quotes to specify the phrase you don;t want. Use the minus sign before the double quotes to indicate you do not want to see listings that have that phrase. That will eliminate those phrases from your search

For example: Incredible Hulk CGC -"cgc it" -"cgc worthy"

PS - many if not most know this but some may find it useful

The seller is tfa1998, here are the pictures I sent him and I have more. The books were double boxed and put in a cardboard press in the second box but the press was held together with one piece of cellophane tape and the books not taped to the press. When I opened the box the books were loose from the press and free to move around in the box.

The corner was completely off the book when I pulled it out of the bag and the corner on the back cover is barely attached.

TftC43-4.jpg

TftC43-3.jpg

TftC43.jpg

TftC43-2.jpg

TftC43-1.jpg

Hey guys, I didn't have a problem refunding his money if the book was banged up but have any of you honestly seen a corner ripped off from inside a bag? The only time I've seen this is when a book was snatched out of the bag and ripped. This was a high grade book so its not like the paper was weak. Most of you guys have bought from me before, books are double boxed and cardboarded and I've never had any problems with shipping. I told him if the majority of the board said this could totally happen this way I would honor its integrity and give him a refund. I personally do not see a way for this to have happened during shipping

Could the cover have gotten brittle perhaps? Looks like I see a couple other flecks in the bag and the top left spine may be missing a small piece...hard to see for sure. I know I got a Wings 90 a while back...looked great with fantastic cover colors, but pulled it out of the bag and board and some small pieces trailed behind. :cry:

Anyway, I think the jostling of shipping shook loose some pieces that were hanging on just barely before it was sent my way.

I've had it happen to me w/ a Planet comics I bought off these boards; seller in that case put it in a brown envelope w/ one piece of cardboard. The book needless to say didn't survive very well and the corner of the cover was broken off in the bag from an impact. Real popular seller here on the boards, but packs like cr@p.

So I have seen it happen.

Hey guys, I didn't have a problem refunding his money if the book was banged up but have any of you honestly seen a corner ripped off from inside a bag? The only time I've seen this is when a book was snatched out of the bag and ripped. This was a high grade book so its not like the paper was weak. Most of you guys have bought from me before, books are double boxed and cardboarded and I've never had any problems with shipping. I told him if the majority of the board said this could totally happen this way I would honor its integrity and give him a refund. I personally do not see a way for this to have happened during shipping

As I PM'd you if you look at how the corner came off 75%+ of it, from the right side through the EC emblem, is a break not a tear. The back cover is exactly the same but is not all the way off.

Could the cover have gotten brittle perhaps? Looks like I see a couple other flecks in the bag and the top left spine may be missing a small piece...hard to see for sure. I know I got a Wings 90 a while back...looked great with fantastic cover colors, but pulled it out of the bag and board and some small pieces trailed behind. :cry:

Anyway, I think the jostling of shipping shook loose some pieces that were hanging on just barely before it was sent my way.

Yes that small piece on the fullback I took the picture on is from the top left corner. The cover is not brittle but it is also no supple it's a 60-year old book and when it took hits from the book being loose inside the box it broke stuff off.

I can post more pictures if needed/wanted. I do not have the box any more I already broke it down and put it in recycling but as I wrote before there was only a small smash on one corner.