• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Who's Andrew Barrett? :cloud9:

oh, observant one

Perhaps we should wait until the buyer's sugar high from drinking all that Mountain Dew Throwback has subsided. hm

It's high time that we start adding sellers who use "CGC it!" or "not CGC" or "CGC worthy" or "PGX/CGC"

Why?

Because these sellers think the rules don't apply to them. They think it's ok to divert eyeballs to their PGX graded, or ungraded, items.

Since eBay is CLEARLY unwilling to do it, it's high time we start holding members here accountable.

:o

WHOA!!! When did you start talking again?!?

Welcome back! :foryou:

:eyeroll:

:screwy::jokealert:

A lesser person would point out how childish and pathetic it was to initiate that ridiculous "protest" of not talking until the ignore function was fixed to his liking. That same person might also point out how hilarious/pathetic it is that RMA just gave up his protest instead of sticking to his "word".

I wont do that though (thumbs u

MAD_1974.jpg

It's high time that we start adding sellers who use "CGC it!" or "not CGC" or "CGC worthy" or "PGX/CGC"

Why?

Because these sellers think the rules don't apply to them. They think it's ok to divert eyeballs to their PGX graded, or ungraded, items.

Since eBay is CLEARLY unwilling to do it, it's high time we start holding members here accountable.

:o

WHOA!!! When did you start talking again?!?

Welcome back! :foryou:

:eyeroll:

:screwy::jokealert:

A lesser person would point out how childish and pathetic it was to initiate that ridiculous "protest" of not talking until the ignore function was fixed to his liking. That same person might also point out how hilarious/pathetic it is that RMA just gave up his protest instead of sticking to his "word".

I wont do that though (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5235479&Searchpage=1&Main=240395&Words=puke+sufunk&topic=0&Search=true#Post5235479

hm

that was packing though, mine was double boxed and you can check my sales thread for the before pics, it wasn't brittle at all 7.5 copy with real nice pages.

And that is the attitude I've seen since I told him about the damage. His packing is beyond reproach since the books were double boxed, never mind that double boxing is worthless when the books are free to bounce around inside the box because they aren't taped to the cardboard press in the middle and the press isn't taped together with more than one piece of cellophane tape.

Instead to him it's more likely that, after my 5 years on the board and buying thousands and thousands of dollars worth of books here, I decided to pull a book out of a bag by the corner of the front cover and then, to cover the damage, crushed the corner of the book and the 1/2 back to fool and rip him off. And I decided to do that over a f'n $175 book; it's a ludicrous as it is maddening. Right now he is just another sell who "didn't have a problem refunding his money" until it actually came time to do it.

that was packing though, mine was double boxed and you can check my sales thread for the before pics, it wasn't brittle at all 7.5 copy with real nice pages.

And that is the attitude I've seen since I told him about the damage. His packing is beyond reproach since the books were double boxed, never mind that double boxing is worthless when the books are free to bounce around inside the box because they aren't taped to the cardboard press in the middle and the press isn't taped together with more than one piece of cellophane tape.

Instead to him it's more likely that, after my 5 years on the board and buying thousands and thousands of dollars worth of books here, I decided to pull a book out of a bag by the corner of the front cover and then, to cover the damage, crushed the corner of the book and the 1/2 back to fool and rip him off. And I decided to do that over a f'n $175 book; it's a ludicrous as it is maddening. Right now he is just another sell who "didn't have a problem refunding his money" until it actually came time to do it.

I'm very sorry this happened to you, but there was a good question before, did either of you think of postal insurance before it was mailed? The damage should be covered that way.

Hate to tell you, but you wouldn't be the first one to try to pull that scam and I have always refunded anyone's money but this doesnt even closely look right. Corner bang yes, could happen; ripped corner INSIDE the dang bag, no way. That's where my problem lies. And no need to start cursing and ranting, that's why we're taking it here

Hey guys, I didn't have a problem refunding his money if the book was banged up but have any of you honestly seen a corner ripped off from inside a bag? The only time I've seen this is when a book was snatched out of the bag and ripped. This was a high grade book so its not like the paper was weak. Most of you guys have bought from me before, books are double boxed and cardboarded and I've never had any problems with shipping. I told him if the majority of the board said this could totally happen this way I would honor its integrity and give him a refund. I personally do not see a way for this to have happened during shipping

That's a pretty serious impact dent. If the book had an existing crease it is highly possible for it to detach like that. Even if it did not have a crease, given the books age and amount of movement it had while en route it could have happened.

Hate to tell you, but you wouldn't be the first one to try to pull that scam and I have always refunded anyone's money but this doesnt even closely look right. Corner bang yes, could happen; ripped corner INSIDE the dang bag, no way. That's where my problem lies. And no need to start cursing and ranting, that's why we're taking it here

We've got a bit of "He said, She said" going on here. It seems improbable that the corner would rip off like that, but stranger things have happened in this world. tfa1998, since you do give refunds, you maybe should just get the comic back and give Heresy his $175. It's still a sweet EC...flatten out that corner for a week or so and sell it again. Maybe it won't get $175 (that sounds like a pretty good deal to me by the way), but you'll still get a decent fraction of that price. If I didn't already have a copy I'd be PMing you an offer right now.

He had to take it here because you refused to refund him? Why does he have to be a scammer? That remark alone would get me upset also.

I'm "ranting" because I bought a book, it arrived damaged and I've been called a liar for asking for some sort of refund. And I hate to tell you this, but books get damaged in shipping no matter how bullet-proof you think your packing is.

I'm "ranting" because I bought a book, it arrived damaged and I've been called a liar for asking for some sort of refund. And I hate to tell you this, but books get damaged in shipping no matter how bullet-proof you think your packing is.

Was the book insured?

Was the book insured?

I don't think so. I didn't see anything about insurance on the label, I think it just had delivery confirmation.