• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am transitioning away from the boards. I can be reached at jeffandstephbranget@yahoo.com or my eBay account "Branget". If my name happens to come up here for a transaction I overlooked please send them there.

Thanks

Jeff

WTH?!

Just a general refresher"

1) If you nominate someone for the Probation List PLEASE FOLLOW UP.

2) it is OK to bring up a problem before the 30 day wait, as that is often enough to get the issue resolved.

3) If nothing happens after the 30 days, and after you have sent the new PM letting them know they are being nominated for the PL, wait the 3 days. The come back and FOLLOW UP.

Some people are not FOLLOWING UP.

Please FOLLOW UP.

Thank you.

2) it is OK to bring up a problem before the 30 day wait, as that is often enough to get the issue resolved.

3) If nothing happens after the 30 days, and after you have sent the new PM letting them know they are being nominated for the PL, wait the 3 days. The come back and FOLLOW UP.

Please FOLLOW UP.

Thank you.

"Don't you presume to tell me how to follow-up!" - Sean Connery, Medicine Man.

Say that line in your best Sean Connery voice. Go on, do it.

You know you want to.

Please FOLLOW UP.

Thank you.

You know you want to.

That is a great movie, with Lorraine Bracco. She looked good with a blue tattoo on her forehead.

Nominating Webhead1981 for the probation list.

Posted for a book in my thread on 7/10. We have had some PM exchanges but he has not made any payment nor does he seem willing to make any attempt to. He has been notified of the nomination.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=5838059&Searchpage=2&Main=264216&Words=silverweb&topic=0&Search=true#Post5838059

:gossip: never trust anyone born after 1979... lol

Agreed. (thumbs u

I know him personally. Want me to ask him what's going on?

Please FOLLOW UP.

Thank you.

You know you want to.

follow.jpg

can we update the funtasticcollectibles/comic seekers. her new eBay name is pedigreesforless

Zarduzi - before that is done can you say how this was revealed? (thumbs u

someone on the forums contacted me about the seller to ask how smoothly the transaction went. I told them it was hell and I want to die. so if we could update the name so that if searched on google someone might be saved by reading here first

Ok, is this probation worthy?

If someone agrees to sell you a book on the boards (through PM's) at a price they set and then when you ask for their payment details they proceed to read the PM's and ignore them only for you to see that they are asking in another thread if "pressing and dry cleaning" the same book they agreed to sell you would bump the grade. Then when you politely ask for an explanation they read the message and still refuse to reply. When you ask if they would prefer to cancel the deal they again read the message and ignore it.

Which then leads you to miss out on another copy of the book in the sales forum because you believed your money was tied up with the first copy.

Would that be reason to put someone on the list?

I would say yes, I know we added a member a while back for holding a sales thread and never following through with any of the buyers. (he did not take cash or send invoices)

Sounds like the same thing except in a PM form. So I see no reason as to why you would not be able to add him to the list.

Edited by dscott

If someone agrees to sell you a book on the boards (through PM's) at a price they set and then when you ask for their payment details they proceed to read the PM's and ignore them only for you to see that they are asking in another thread if "pressing and dry cleaning" the same book they agreed to sell you would bump the grade. Then when you politely ask for an explanation they read the message and still refuse to reply. When you ask if they would prefer to cancel the deal they again read the message and ignore it.

Which then leads you to miss out on another copy of the book in the sales forum because you believed your money was tied up with the first copy.

Yes, but you will have to wait the 30 days recommended on here to confirm it truly is a situation of seller regret and trying to back out of the transaction. The shame is you missed out on a replacement.

:foryou:

Yes, but you will have to wait the 30 days recommended on here to confirm it truly is a situation of seller regret and trying to back out of the transaction. The shame is you missed out on a replacement.

Then again, bringing this up here may well help facilitate a resolution well before the 30 days.

Thanks for your throughts Bosco :foryou:

It's a broken rule if it is though because now i would have to save this money for a whole month on the tiny chance he agrees to complete the deal (It's a big ticket item). That's just a bit unfair that i'm the one who gets punished.

If it truely was remorse i did tell him we could cancel it but he read it and ignored it and that lead me to missing out on the other copy. I certainly wouldn't want to force someone if they didn't really want to sell it. For what it's worth, the price given was for a raw book at a higher price than a CGC copy of the same book would sell for, so i'm not sure why he would be remorseful.

Why always me :(

Thanks for your throughts Bosco :foryou:

It's a broken rule if it is though because now i would have to save this money for a whole month on the tiny chance he agrees to complete the deal (It's a big ticket item). That's just a bit unfair that i'm the one who gets punished.

If it truely was remorse i did tell him we could cancel it but he read it and ignored it and that lead me to missing out on the other copy. I certainly wouldn't want to force someone if they didn't really want to sell it. For what it's worth, the price given was for a raw book at a higher price than a CGC copy of the same book would sell for, so i'm not sure why he would be remorseful.

Why always me :(

I gotta say, reading a bunch of PMs and ignoring them all, speaks as loudly as replying to them. If I were you, I'd reply to his post asking about a press and grade bump, asking if he intends to honor his sale.

I also still think there's something a bit flawed in our 30 day rule. I think it needs to be a certain about of time for the buyer to pay, and a certain amount of time for the seller to pay.

Edit...I found it.

To the topic...out the fool!!!

After I spent 30 seconds getting you a link? :taptaptap:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534&gonew=1#UNREAD

You were quick Mike! I edited it 20 seconds after I posted it. lol

Thanks for the help though!

I just noticed Brent from Quality Comix is on the probation list. Anyone have an update with that?

No problem.

I wonder if Brent ever sent out those invoices?

Did this ever happen? Or did he just sever ties with the boards?