• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

That is your opinion skypinkblu, it was all a misunderstanding. How can I improve/restore my reputation without completing transactions?

I'm glad that you're keen to restore your reputation. That's a good start. If you had personal or family problems I can sympathize with that, we've all had our problems with life.

When something goes very wrong you have to choose between immediately apologizing and addressing the issue or ignoring the issue and the problem. In this case it appears you let the original buyer down, ignored him and then only addressed the issue when the villagers lit the torches and purchased tar and feathers at Walmart.

Skypink's opinion is shared by many of us. We all watch this thread and take notes. At this point I'd give you a D+ .

Yeah I wouldn't create a new handle that is extremally unethical. I received the book back resold it to bluehawaii. Its that simple. My time in shipping the book took awhile because I have been going through some personal issues. I think everybody is reading way to into this. Let joseph chime in. He is the one who has been through all of this and everybody is involving themselves as if it was them. Let him speak.

So are you saying you didn't agree to sell the book to Bluehawaii BEFORE you got it back in the mail, and BEFORE you told Joseph to "keep an eye out for it"?

I was happy with the money I received cause I did not want to go through the whole trouble of fighting for the remaining money but seeing as Dillon is eager to restore his reputation, I have messaged him to see if we can work out an agreement.

If he agrees to do the right thing truly then ill be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt on this transaction. We shall see.

Joseph and I are fine. I spoke with him today. I was under the impression all was well. I hope this whole situation hasn't completely shot my reputation on these boards. I have been good to everyone I have dealt with on here and have tried to make things right with everyone. I guess even if you right your wrongs it doesn't even matter?

What you did may not be probation list worthy but it counts in my book (and I suspect 98+% of my fellow boardie's books) as shenanigans.

What is shenanigans you might ask?

Think of yellow alert on Star Trek when things are sort of sketchy.

Poor Jo Seph.

All he did was show up in your sales thread and now all he's got is $60 of butthurt to show for it.

What do you think others will do if you ever have another sales thread?

Good luck.

You should have refunded him personal paypal so he wouldn't get hit with the fee.

What did you have to lose, but the option of a future chargeback?

And if you really wanted to bend over backwards to regain your reputation around these parts you could have refunded the other $30 he was out sending you the money order.

I recently sold a CGC 9.4 Hulk 119 to ChiSoxFan and right after he hit it I got a email through eBay from someone who doesn't post here saying he would pay me my original asking price (20% or about $25 more). I mailed it to Randall (ChiSozFan) for what he :takeit: it for in my thread. It's called having class, being cool, or whatever term from whichever decade you prefer.

At this point, the PL is almost incidental regarding Longdillon. Something weird went down with this JIM 83 sale. He can either get real about it or get defensive. Only one of those options will work towards making him a trustworthy seller again.

I did resend his money. Everyone needs to get their facts straight before chiming in. This is between me and joseph. We have been in communication this whole time. This whole thing has been completely been blown out of proportion.

thanks again

Dillon

I did resend his money. Everyone needs to get their facts straight before chiming in. This is between me and joseph. We have been in communication this whole time. This whole thing has been completely been blown out of proportion.

thanks again

Dillon

How was it blown out of proportion when you sold the same book to two people at the same time?

Hi Jo Seph. I am very glad that Dillon is communicating with you and attempting to work something out. I just felt I needed to add in my 2cents on this whole situation because I think it speaks to how a lot of boardies have been feeling lately. The boards are not eBay or Comiclink or some other method of buying or selling books. It is a community, Some people actually become friends and like to talk/hang out. We all share a wonderful common thread, comics.

Recently there has been a rash of issues where people just pop up and start trying to "dump" books. This mentality is not conducive to a healthy community. People come in, get their money, and move on. They don't care if the book arrives safely, if there is a problem, or how to make the next recipient of the book happy with their purchase. I believe that most boardies feel that they can get that kind of sale on eBay or at a crappy LCS.

I won't speak for other boardies on this but for me personally it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Dillon was more concerned about getting paid then waiting to follow up with you and try to get the situation resolved. It was the speed of the reposting which gives the feel that he does not care about a good sale and transaction but rather just wants his money. Getting to a resolution took weeks and really only started when the P-List tar and feather brigade started.

For Dillon, we are not expecting perfection. Everyone makes mistakes. Hell I screwed up a few days ago. I sold a bunch of ASM slabs and was heading to Portugal for a week. I thought I sent out all my slabs before leaving but apparently missed one. A couple of days ago I got a PM asking what was up with the slab. I immediately contacted the buyer and explained the situation (I believe my exact words were "I am so sorry, I *spoon*ed up big time on this. I will get it to you tomorrow" I then overnighted the book to him the next day at my cost because I felt horrible that he had paid for a book he hadn't received after waiting 2 weeks for. In this case it wasn't about money (I spent 1/4 of the purchase price getting him the book) it was about making sure that I fixed a mistake and making the buyer happy (who has assured me he is quite happy)

I know you probably feel like everyone is ganging up on you right now but realize that the people here view this as a community and when a person "messes" with a member of the community, we take it personally as an affront to ourselves (Not sure if you were in a fraternity in college but I was, and yes this is the reason why we have terms like "rollout" because when someone messes with one member of the fraternity, they are messing with the whole fraternity.) The best thing to do is to take your lumps and I am sure most people will give you a second chance, I know I will if you are upfront about what happened and are really interested in making amends to Jo Seph, not to get back in our good graces but instead to fix a bad situation. Because at the end of the day, thats what this community wants and needs, people who want to be part of the community and make it better.

Ok everyone, sorry for the long rant but I needed to share my opinion of this whole situation (which I watched from the beginning as I was in that original sale thread, one of the first I was in.)

I can confirm that Dillon has refunded me the full amount.

As I recently found out, he has gone through some tough times lately and I will give forgive him for the lack of communication and confusion.

He has tried to do everything to fix the wrongs and I am satisfied as to how this turned out. I hope he learns for future transactions that communication is key.

Hopefully we can all show a little compassion as I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Thanks again mate and hope it all works out for you.

Hi Jo Seph. I am very glad that Dillon is communicating with you and attempting to work something out. I just felt I needed to add in my 2cents on this whole situation because I think it speaks to how a lot of boardies have been feeling lately. The boards are not eBay or Comiclink or some other method of buying or selling books. It is a community, Some people actually become friends and like to talk/hang out. We all share a wonderful common thread, comics.

Recently there has been a rash of issues where people just pop up and start trying to "dump" books. This mentality is not conducive to a healthy community. People come in, get their money, and move on. They don't care if the book arrives safely, if there is a problem, or how to make the next recipient of the book happy with their purchase. I believe that most boardies feel that they can get that kind of sale on eBay or at a crappy LCS.

I won't speak for other boardies on this but for me personally it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Dillon was more concerned about getting paid then waiting to follow up with you and try to get the situation resolved. It was the speed of the reposting which gives the feel that he does not care about a good sale and transaction but rather just wants his money. Getting to a resolution took weeks and really only started when the P-List tar and feather brigade started.

For Dillon, we are not expecting perfection. Everyone makes mistakes. Hell I screwed up a few days ago. I sold a bunch of ASM slabs and was heading to Portugal for a week. I thought I sent out all my slabs before leaving but apparently missed one. A couple of days ago I got a PM asking what was up with the slab. I immediately contacted the buyer and explained the situation (I believe my exact words were "I am so sorry, I *spoon*ed up big time on this. I will get it to you tomorrow" I then overnighted the book to him the next day at my cost because I felt horrible that he had paid for a book he hadn't received after waiting 2 weeks for. In this case it wasn't about money (I spent 1/4 of the purchase price getting him the book) it was about making sure that I fixed a mistake and making the buyer happy (who has assured me he is quite happy)

I know you probably feel like everyone is ganging up on you right now but realize that the people here view this as a community and when a person "messes" with a member of the community, we take it personally as an affront to ourselves (Not sure if you were in a fraternity in college but I was, and yes this is the reason why we have terms like "rollout" because when someone messes with one member of the fraternity, they are messing with the whole fraternity.) The best thing to do is to take your lumps and I am sure most people will give you a second chance, I know I will if you are upfront about what happened and are really interested in making amends to Jo Seph, not to get back in our good graces but instead to fix a bad situation. Because at the end of the day, thats what this community wants and needs, people who want to be part of the community and make it better.

Ok everyone, sorry for the long rant but I needed to share my opinion of this whole situation (which I watched from the beginning as I was in that original sale thread, one of the first I was in.)

Or in short: Friends are more important than money.

I can confirm that Dillon has refunded me the full amount.

As I recently found out, he has gone through some tough times lately and I will give forgive him for the lack of communication and confusion.

He has tried to do everything to fix the wrongs and I am satisfied as to how this turned out. I hope he learns for future transactions that communication is key.

Hopefully we can all show a little compassion as I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Thanks again mate and hope it all works out for you.

When he sold the book the second time, that was YOUR book he sold, has he paid you the difference ?

... I just felt I needed to add in my 2cents on this whole situation because I think it speaks to how a lot of boardies have been feeling lately. The boards are not eBay or Comiclink or some other method of buying or selling books. It is a community, Some people actually become friends and like to talk/hang out. We all share a wonderful common thread, comics...

Exactly!

Thanks for this. Sometimes I wish the boards had a character count like twitter. lol

Thanks for this. Sometimes I wish the boards had a character count like twitter. lol

More people should utilize the TL;DR

That is your opinion skypinkblu, it was all a misunderstanding. How can I improve/restore my reputation without completing transactions?

I don't think many people chop it up as a misunderstanding. I think it might just be you that thinks it was a misunderstanding.

My 2c is, change your board handle, wait a few weeks, and change your board handle again and just hope that people don't PM sellers that you post :takeit: in there threads.

Personally, I would never buy a book off you because of all the information that has come forward, but I could be fooled by new CGC board handles...

lol awesome!! Tips for tricking yourself, I love it.

There are lots of other places on these boards besides the selling forums, you might want to participate in those for a while, show people you have an interest in the community not just the selling areas.

:gossip: I'd skip the butthurt threads;)

JoSeph has said a couple times that we should drop it and that a resolution and private satisfactory restitution was made.

We don't know what the personal issues were for longdillon1 but to presume he is working us all so that he can have someone else pay him in excess of the $500 or 600 dollars via western union (ie - non-refundable) he had in hand so he could pull a bigger scam is a bit alarmist - everyone just needs to update their personal 'do not buy' lists if that's their perspective on this.

Also a side point - any sellers who want to "not sell" to certain people for whatever reason (general idiocy, on ignore or PL 'escape artist') should be putting that in their rules when selling "I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I choose".