• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This 6.0 sold for $3,900.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotNo=93341

He accepted my offer of $1200 for the 6.5 and said it was fair.

So yeah, I'm pretty certain this is a scam.

Tell him that you will be glad to wire him the $1200 BUT your funds have recently been frozen but if he sends you a check for $500 you will be able to return the $500 plus the $1200, o and that you are of course a Nigerian Prince :)

haha, that is the old "Nigerian Prince" move!

He marred my FS thread already by posting in it, wth. I'm tempted to post this in his new thread:

CH_zps42b0e071.png

I was about to make this post but the thread got poofed.

Here's a real one.

Got it from Esquire Comics.

Here

138045.jpg.1f59a0ba4c7f3b18660744ff791f95b6.jpg

I was about to make this post but the thread got poofed.

Here's a real one.

Got it from Esquire Comics.

Here

Isn't that DavidMerryweather's book?

I got the scan from there.

Not the book.

:blush:

looks like Twistty1 (over in the GA forum had one of the 6.5s (not the one shown since the one shown was old label) so that leaves two other 6.5s out there that this guy might have lifted a photo of.

here's twisstty1's copy over in GA

Oddly enough, Metropolis also listed one in 6.5 today - no scan is up yet though

looks like Twistty1 (over in the GA forum had one of the 6.5s (not the one shown since the one shown was old label) so that leaves two other 6.5s out there that this guy might have lifted a photo of.

here's twisstty1's copy over in GA

Oddly enough, Metropolis also listed one in 6.5 today - no scan is up yet though

Yea but Metropolis' is OW/W, the scam was a cream to OW if I remember correctly.

No word from Robert John Gordon AKA JohnnyG for months now.

Has anyone tried to reach out to JohnnyG? He's been solid in the past and a semi-regular at conventions with Jamie Graham.

Moving from Probation list thread

So, I've never had to come to probation before, is this the thread where I would bring up an eBay non-paying bidder?

thudpounce

Based out of California, got angry when I actually expected him to pay for his ebay win in a timely manner.

After I blocked him from further bids, he's left retalitory negative feedback (that now can't be removed).

He finally paid for the item 2 weeks after it ended (and five days after I blocked him) to which I refunded and said that book was no longer available to him.

I wanted to post this in Comics General but another boardie suggested here first.

I just wanted to let others know of this egg so they would have the option to block him if they wished.

Thoughts?

Moving from Probation list thread

So, I've never had to come to probation before, is this the thread where I would bring up an eBay non-paying bidder?

thudpounce

Based out of California, got angry when I actually expected him to pay for his ebay win in a timely manner.

After I blocked him from further bids, he's left retalitory negative feedback (that now can't be removed).

He finally paid for the item 2 weeks after it ended (and five days after I blocked him) to which I refunded and said that book was no longer available to him.

I wanted to post this in Comics General but another boardie suggested here first.

I just wanted to let others know of this egg so they would have the option to block him if they wished.

Thoughts?

Thanks... I deleted my reply.

@Rich_Henn... blocked him (thumbs u