• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd go with your impression Jimmy. I just thought it was a scam given the fact that the person just registered and just ran in throwing up a high end book, with no introduction, no price no nothing. I do wish there was a way for locking threads or something so that we dont just poof them goodbye but instead have them around if needed to look at. O well.

Well, he just sent me pictures of the back of the book.

Sure he didn't include the back of the label which is concerning but I sent him a stupid low offer. If he accepts that than I know its a scam.

The initial price he gave me BTW was $3500.

I don't know if it was a scam. His PM's seemed genuine.

The label said VF- 6.5, no? Pics, scans from different sources? And that didn't concern you?

Wonder if that front photo was taken at a con on the sly from a dealers inventory..... then they found a back cover scan over at HA and voila! Book for sale.

there's only three 6.5s on the census...

You might be right miraclemet. if you look in one of the pictures you can see the reflection of an overhead light, the kind used in convention centers as part of a lighting system, not the kind of lighting one has in their house. Would explain all the weird angles and the horrible zoom/centering.

This 6.0 sold for $3,900.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7063&lotNo=93341

He accepted my offer of $1200 for the 6.5 and said it was fair.

So yeah, I'm pretty certain this is a scam.

Tell him that you will be glad to wire him the $1200 BUT your funds have recently been frozen but if he sends you a check for $500 you will be able to return the $500 plus the $1200, o and that you are of course a Nigerian Prince :)

I don't know what to say.

He said he lives in Nashville.

I do actually have interest in the book. I have family in nashville, for instance a Cousin that lives in the house Young Buck lived in before he went to jail for not paying his taxes.

Young Buck of G-Unit.

Yea I know I want that book too but its 99.9% a scam. Ask him for a skype call of him showing you the book. probably easiest way to determine realness. if he balks its a scam.

UH OH,

now it went from a "thats a reasonable offer I can do that" to "i can do a lot better than 1200"

for anyone following at home, this is the back and forth

I think I'd be good with $1200 if you included shipping . . .
Fair offer. I can do that

that some other stuff happened and he said

I can get alot more than $1200 for the book. Thanks for your offer though.

AND

now theres a new sales thread with the same book.

What is happening right now?! I want the book for 1200! :(

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii