• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

FWIW, I'm not entirely sure that longdillon would have come clean had the issue not been brought before the PL "committee."

And while him making JoSeph whole is certainly the right thing to do, the timing and lack of communication is disturbing.

He may not be officially placed on the PL; however, as far as I'm concerned, he would not be welcomed in any of my sales threads and I won't be buying anything from him in the future (even though we did business in the past).

If someone has a problem that's so great in nature that its taking up all the time, just let someone know and they'll communicate this to the group. Going AWOL for a few weeks is just unacceptable, regardless of how you "right your wrong" in the future.

I am sorry to hear of his troubles but it'll take more than a $60 refund to earn his way back into my good graces...

Maybe others feel this way...maybe not. And I don't think he's attempting to scam anyone in the future...frankly, b/c no one should send him anything other than Paypal linked to a credit card.

My 2c

FWIW, I'm not entirely sure that longdillon would have come clean had the issue not been brought before the PL "committee."

And while him making JoSeph whole is certainly the right thing to do, the timing and lack of communication is disturbing.

He may not be officially placed on the PL; however, as far as I'm concerned, he would not be welcomed in any of my sales threads and I won't be buying anything from him in the future (even though we did business in the past).

If someone has a problem that's so great in nature that its taking up all the time, just let someone know and they'll communicate this to the group. Going AWOL for a few weeks is just unacceptable, regardless of how you "right your wrong" in the future.

I am sorry to hear of his troubles but it'll take more than a $60 refund to earn his way back into my good graces...

Maybe others feel this way...maybe not. And I don't think he's attempting to scam anyone in the future...frankly, b/c no one should send him anything other than Paypal linked to a credit card.

My 2c

+1

Its just hard to keep track, in a few weeks all this will be forgotten as some other PLister takes the spotlight off him.

I dont want to deal with people like this ever, he didnt sell the book for the 2nd time by accident.

This is not like slow to ship, over-grading, or an oversight in any way, it was a conscious decision to do this.

Thats game over for me, sorry 2c

I have not seen one yet, but I'm sure it's wonderful

Fringe is quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made.

blech I watched the first few episodes and thought the characters were really annoying. I've heard it gets better in the second season though, is that the case?

The first 5 or 6 episodes of the first season are nothing special - they appear to be watered down versions of the X-Files. But appearances can be deceptive and it grows in quality with every episode and every season.

Its just hard to keep track, in a few weeks all this will be forgotten as some other PLister takes the spotlight off him.

I dont want to deal with people like this ever, he didnt sell the book for the 2nd time by accident.

This is not like slow to ship, over-grading, or an oversight in any way, it was a conscious decision to do this.

Thats game over for me, sorry 2c

^^

Thanks for playing!

I have not seen one yet, but I'm sure it's wonderful

Fringe is quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made.

blech I watched the first few episodes and thought the characters were really annoying. I've heard it gets better in the second season though, is that the case?

The first 5 or 6 episodes of the first season are nothing special - they appear to be watered down versions of the X-Files. But appearances can be deceptive and it grows in quality with every episode and every season.

Bingo! That's exactly what they felt like.

Any point in adding the couple of scans from Friday night onto the HOS?

I doubt they'll (or he'll, cause I have a feeling it was one person) be back under those IDs ever again....

but wonder if its worth it. maybe even not the type of scam attempted so if someone were to check the HOS list in the future (should another "new" member try to sell a high priced book) they could at least see the past scams so their radar was appropriately tuned.

thoughts?

Hi all, glad we could get most of this resolved. Brock, sorry you feel that way. We had some good deals and would like to do business in the future. If anyone wants to message me for any additional info please feel free to do so. I have nothing to hide. Neglegence and oversight were my problem. I had many personal issues happen badly, really fast. I hope everyone understands that, and that I did make things right with Joseph. I never had any intention of ever ripping anyone off at all. I like this community and would like to be a "full" member once again.

Thanks again everybody

Dillon

Maybe links to the threads?

if this is in reference to the cons I mentioned... the threads got poofed.

One was someone asking for "information" about a book he bought (Superman 1) that looked like a photocopied cover (it was real grainy/fuzzy, especially compared to the clarity in the photo around it). The thread (originally posted in marketplace) got moved to GA and was determined to be some con fishing.

Second con was a Detective #33 (4.0) that was for sale, but GAtor determined that the seller didn't have possession of the book (was owned by someone else), and when pushed the OP produced a photo that looked like a photocopy of a cover had been placed inside a slab (with a label). The book in question had actually been re-subbed by the REAL owner and had been downgraded from a 4.0 to a 3.5.

Both transactions provided email addresses (based on their CGC member name) in an attempt to move negotiations off the board as quickly as possible before anyone got wind of the scam.

Edited by Miraclemet

One was someone asking for "information" about a book he bought (Superman 1) that looked like a photocopied cover (it was real grainy/fuzzy, especially compared to the clarity in the photo around it). The thread (originally posted in marketplace) got moved to GA and was determined to be some con fishing.

Second con was a Detective #29 that was for sale, but GAtor determined that the seller didn't have possession of the book (was owned by someone else), and when pushed the OP produced a photo that looked like a photocopy of a cover had been placed inside a slab (with a label). The book in question had actually been re-subbed by the REAL owner and had been downgraded from a 4.0 to a 3.5.

Both transactions provided email addresses (based on their CGC member name) in an attempt to move negotiations off the board as quickly as possible before anyone got wind of the scam.

I believe the golden-age forum thread with the Superman 1 reprint was reinstated by the mods.

Second con was a Detective #29 that was for sale, but GAtor determined that the seller didn't have possession of the book (was owned by someone else), and when pushed the OP produced a photo that looked like a photocopy of a cover had been placed inside a slab (with a label). The book in question had actually been re-subbed by the REAL owner and had been downgraded from a 4.0 to a 3.5.

I believe the golden-age forum thread with the Superman 1 reprint was reinstated by the mods.

nope its dead over in GA too.

and we've got another likely scam.. Hitler vs Daredevil being "sold" by smokey12.

OP listed the book with front cover photos, a back cover scan (cause you know we all only bother to scan the back cover), and tried to point people to his email address before getting the thread yanked.

I wonder if all these IDs

smokey12

happycollectible

and whomever was selling the 'tec

were all from the same ip