• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Did you send him a separate PM, stating you will be placing him on probation? If not, do so. If he doesn't reply within 72 hours, you can add him to the list.

I did not, but I will do so right now. Thank you.

Also think about how he is supposed to "make things right"

Obviously him paying for the books that he agreed to buy is his #1 avenue.

But it looked like you posed the idea of relisting them. If you sell them to someone else is he then free of his obligation?

One idea (since the sale is of "hot" books) is that he would be responsible for compensating you the difference in sale price vs what he agreed to pay originally ...

So if he agreed to buy the books for $60 back when they were hot, but they've since cooled, and you can only sell them for $35, he'd owe you the difference ($25) since the loss of revenue was due to his delays in payment.

If you sell them for $60, and you make your money, and the books are sold, he doesnt have any way to "make you right", and if someone's on the PL there has to be an agreed upon way for him to get off the list.

The one thing I've always had issue with on the PL is that it hamstrings the seller from moving the books. A person has to either A) hang onto the books for 30 days and see if the PL strongarm tactic actually works or B) sell the books and lose the ability to put the buyer on the PL for reneging.

Do you think that there should be some other consequence for that grey area in between those two options?

Did you send him a separate PM, stating you will be placing him on probation? If not, do so. If he doesn't reply within 72 hours, you can add him to the list.

But it looked like you posed the idea of relisting them. If you sell them to someone else is he then free of his obligation?

One idea (since the sale is of "hot" books) is that he would be responsible for compensating you the difference in sale price vs what he agreed to pay originally ...

So if he agreed to buy the books for $60 back when they were hot, but they've since cooled, and you can only sell them for $35, he'd owe you the difference ($25) since the loss of revenue was due to his delays in payment.

If you sell them for $60, and you make your money, and the books are sold, he doesnt have any way to "make you right", and if someone's on the PL there has to be an agreed upon way for him to get off the list.

The one thing I've always had issue with on the PL is that it hamstrings the seller from moving the books. A person has to either A) hang onto the books for 30 days and see if the PL strongarm tactic actually works or B) sell the books and lose the ability to put the buyer on the PL for reneging.

Do you think that there should be some other consequence for that grey area in between those two options?

I think that, once let down by the buyer for more than 30 days, the seller should then be able to do as he pleases with the books and still have the buyer on the list.

The onus should be on the buyer to then somehow make amends to the seller if he so wishes, the seller should not have to suffer, stuck with books he wants to sell. Later he may be able to agree reasonable terms with the buyer in the future, maybe even just a public apology or to cover losses accrued.

I just packaged up and put away in a safe place the books I am still waiting payment for from Venom in case he ever resurfaces? When do we actually see an update to the prob list? I submitted on Sunday and today is Friday and still hasn't been added.

I think that, once let down by the buyer for more than 30 days, the seller should then be able to do as he pleases with the books and still have the buyer on the list.

The onus should be on the buyer to then somehow make amends to the seller if he so wishes, the seller should not have to suffer, stuck with books he wants to sell. Later he may be able to agree reasonable terms with the buyer in the future, maybe even just a public apology or to cover losses accrued.

I would almost say that there should be a irrevocable time-based placement on the PL for that offense. Maybe three-to-six months? The 30 day resolution window is a long time to answer, resolve and agree upon a fair outcome to a buying situation.

I've never thought it was fair that in order for someone to get off the PL, you would have to sell them the books or verbally take their name off after a short period of time because you sold the books elsewhere. (as this seems to be how things are resolved from, if I'm not mistaken)

This solution would end the issue right then and there in black and white terms, without any lingering. Rather than have the seller recoup owed money or listen to apologies - perhaps the buyer is added to the list provisionally and then comes off after a period of time. This would allow the seller to just be done with the deal and move on. It would also allow the buyer to socially pay consequences for their actions, and have it actually have an effect (should they choose to stay on this messageboard).

I just packaged up and put away in a safe place the books I am still waiting payment for from Venom in case he ever resurfaces? When do we actually see an update to the prob list? I submitted on Sunday and today is Friday and still hasn't been added.

You PM'd him about it in a new PM thread?

Yes

I would like to put someone on the Probation list. That person is member SuperbeastCraig.

Here are the facts.

On 9-30-2013, SuperbeastCraig had a sales thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=314890&Number=7054633#Post7054633

Whereupon I posted the "take it" sign for a lower grade Batman #200. I received a PM from SuperbeastCraig telling me his PayPal email account so that I could make payment. Shipping was included in the sale price.

I paid via PayPal on 10-1-2013.

As of today (11-2-2013), I have not received the book. I contacted SuperbeastCraig via PM on 10-19-2013, asking if the book had been shipped yet. This sites PM service indicates that SuperbeastCraig has not read my PM of October 19th.

A few days ago, I went through the PayPal "dispute" system, and informed PayPal of the above. They informed me that they would attempt to contact the seller (SuperbeastCraig) and resolve this issue. They then informed me that they have received no return contact from Timothy Dillon (SuperbeastCraig). I then excalated my dispute to a "Claim" with PayPal, and asked for a refund.

They have not yet determined the outcome of my claim, apparently until a certain amount of time elapses.

So, in a nut shell. I paid for the book on 10-1-13 and have not received it yet. All attempts to contact Timothy Dillon aka SuperbeastCraig, have been fruitless.

I also received a PM from another member, who was asking if I have had any contact with SuperbeastCraig, as he purchased a New Mutants #98 at about the same time frame I made my purchase (but on a different sales thread), and has not heard from the seller, nor received the book be paid for.

This is the first time I have posted in this probation thread and I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. If I am not, please let me know how to go about this.

It is not a lot of money. But it is a loss to me, via this sites sales forum. The purchase price of the Batman 200 was $20.00. I do not know what the price of the New Mutants #98 was, that was purchased by Diamonddave.

SuperbeastCraig's last post on this forum was 10-2-13.

Edited by conditionfreak

SuperbeastCraig once posted a :takeit: on an item of mine, and I then never had any further contact from him. The only reason I didn't put him on the PL was that I was going to sell the item after the 30 days were up and that left him no recourse to get off the list, so I never nominated him. It's many, many pages back, but logged here on this thread.

Basically, this guy seems to be trouble. Sorry for your troubles & money loss, CF.

-slym

I would like to put someone on the Probation list. That person is member SuperbeastCraig.

Here are the facts.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=314890&Number=7054633#Post7054633

Whereupon I posted the "take it" sign for a lower grade Batman #200. I received a PM from SuperbeastCraig telling me his PayPal email account so that I could make payment. Shipping was included in the sale price.

As of today (11-2-2013), I have not received the book. I contacted SuperbeastCraig via PM on 10-19-2013, asking if the book had been shipped yet. This sites PM service indicates that SuperbeastCraig has not read my PM of October 19th.

A few days ago, I went through the PayPal "dispute" system, and informed PayPal of the above. They informed me that they would attempt to contact the seller (SuperbeastCraig) and resolve this issue. They then informed me that they have received no return contact from Timothy Dillon (SuperbeastCraig). I then excalated my dispute to a "Claim" with PayPal, and asked for a refund.

They have not yet determined the outcome of my claim, apparently until a certain amount of time elapses.

So, in a nut shell. I paid for the book on 10-1-13 and have not received it yet. All attempts to contact Timothy Dillon aka SuperbeastCraig, have been fruitless.

I also received a PM from another member, who was asking if I have had any contact with SuperbeastCraig, as he purchased a New Mutants #98 at about the same time frame I made my purchase (but on a different sales thread), and has not heard from the seller, nor received the book be paid for.

This is the first time I have posted in this probation thread and I am not sure if I am doing this correctly. If I am not, please let me know how to go about this.

It is not a lot of money. But it is a loss to me, via this sites sales forum. The purchase price of the Batman 200 was $20.00. I do not know what the price of the New Mutants #98 was, that was purchased by Diamonddave.

Send the user a separate (new) PM, notifying him you are requesting he be added to the PL. He has 72 hours to reply/defend his case. If he doesn't within that time frame, he can be added to the PL.

SuperbeastCraig once posted a :takeit: on an item of mine, and I then never had any further contact from him. The only reason I didn't put him on the PL was that I was going to sell the item after the 30 days were up and that left him no recourse to get off the list, so I never nominated him. It's many, many pages back, but logged here on this thread.

Basically, this guy seems to be trouble. Sorry for your troubles & money loss, CF.

-slym

Maybe HoS worthy? conditionfreak stated someone else had a problem ith this guy. (a purchase)

Yes

If it's been over 72 hours and no reply, he can be added to the list.

-slym

I'm sensing a not-so-good trend.

hf_129177_article.jpg

Here are the facts.

Send the user a separate (new) PM, notifying him you are requesting he be added to the PL. He has 72 hours to reply/defend his case. If he doesn't within that time frame, he can be added to the PL.

I am going to do that right now. But it seems silly to me, as the little envelope flashing near the top of his screen is not going to flash any brighter than it already is, (he has not read my PM of Oct. 19th). if I send him another PM.

But I guess procedures are procedures, so I will get that done right now. Thanks.

EDIT: I just sent a separate and new PM to SuperbeastCraig. Notifying him that I am going to put him on the probation list if I do not hear from him immediately.

Edited by conditionfreak