• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

J Dub just from perusing that thread, I have a feeling medina stuff is more on the artist and less on him. That does not at all excuse his lack of communication but as Miraclemet mentioned, facilitated sketches are very difficult simply because the artist can sometimes be a and take forever to get their work done, and that is not necessarily the fault of the facilitator. Granted a good facilitator will be in touch the whole time (just as an example I had a book signed by Stan Lee and was supposed to be signed 2 days later through a Facilitator by JR SR, 2 days became 4 months. The facilitator kept updating me though explaining on what was going on and I did eventually get the book)

That may be true and it may be on the artists but this seems to be a constant problem with Menace. Lack of communication, lying about books being completed, missed deadlines. I'm sure many members can back me up here that it is not a new issues with him, nor has he shown any signs of trying to improving it. I know I'm not the only one who will no longer deal with him, I'm sure some others will chime in with similar experiences.

I just want to add here that John (J Dub) knows how all of the sketch ops and SS things work. He is my CAW when I am facilitating a show so he knows the ins and outs of the SS world.

Jake (menace) is a bad reflection on all facilitators and his track record speaks for itself. Maybe one day someone with some power will take a look at how he operates.

Edited by Darrell F

I'm sorry guy but Jake gives all Facilitators a bad name and having spoken to Mike B about him on a few occasions in the past I know the CGC gets a lot of complaints on him. I think with his repeated history and lack of showing any signs to improve his business methods that he needs to go and stay gone.

J Dub just from perusing that thread, I have a feeling medina stuff is more on the artist and less on him. That does not at all excuse his lack of communication but as Miraclemet mentioned, facilitated sketches are very difficult simply because the artist can sometimes be a and take forever to get their work done, and that is not necessarily the fault of the facilitator. Granted a good facilitator will be in touch the whole time (just as an example I had a book signed by Stan Lee and was supposed to be signed 2 days later through a Facilitator by JR SR, 2 days became 4 months. The facilitator kept updating me though explaining on what was going on and I did eventually get the book)

That may be true and it may be on the artists but this seems to be a constant problem with Menace. Lack of communication, lying about books being completed, missed deadlines. I'm sure many members can back me up here that it is not a new issues with him, nor has he shown any signs of trying to improving it. I know I'm not the only one who will no longer deal with him, I'm sure some others will chime in with similar experiences.

I just want to add here that John (J Dub) knows how all of the sketch ops and SS things work. He is my CAW when I am facilitating a show so he knows the ins and outs of the SS world.

Jake (menace) is a bad reflection on all facilitators and his track record speaks for itself. Maybe one day someone with some power will take a look at how he operates.

Couldn't;t have said it better myself, his reputation and practices hurts all facilitators.

Edited by TheMightyJohn

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have received a refund. You are entitled to that. Sadly I nor the rest of the community can make that happen only the seller can. Hopefully he does so expeditiously.

I am not making any excuses for his behavior, I said that my feeling is that it is more on the artist and less on him. I am explaining to you the difficulties of nominating someone for PL for a facilitated sketch. I also said that this is no excuse for his lack of communication to you.

I also do not see anywhere where he said to only email him for a response. He said to e-mail him at his email and he will respond right away, and also that he has been on a break on the boards (does not mean he will continue to be).

The rules of the PL are very clear on requiring a PM through the site, my apologies for your frustration. Absent him either refunding you in the next 72 hours, its 99.9% certain he will be added to the PL.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have received a refund. You are entitled to that. Sadly I nor the rest of the community can make that happen only the seller can. Hopefully he does so expeditiously.

I am not making any excuses for his behavior, I said that my feeling is that it is more on the artist and less on him. I am explaining to you the difficulties of nominating someone for PL for a facilitated sketch. I also said that this is no excuse for his lack of communication to you.

I also do not see anywhere where he said to only email him for a response. He said to e-mail him at his email and he will respond right away, and also that he has been on a break on the boards (does not mean he will continue to be).

The rules of the PL are very clear on requiring a PM through the site, my apologies for your frustration. Absent him either refunding you in the next 72 hours, its 99.9% certain he will be added to the PL.

Explain why he removed himself from my original Medina Opp PM?

Explain why he removed himself from my original Medina Opp PM?

Settle the hell down. Everyone here is on your side thus far and trying to help you out. Things have to be done in a certain order. Go for a jog for 3 days and come back. Hopefully he will chime in here by then and get the process moving if not he will go on the list.

Edited by iceman399

It looks like he stiffed Pirate, J.J., and Foolkiller! :censored:

Yep, a real winner. meh

Just putting an early warning out about Chrissr. He was the one who crapped on foolkillers thread. Bought $20 worth of books from me 10 days ago. Reads each PM but no replys. Figure I would warn some people before he hits the list as he's new.

Sadly I have to agree on this, never paid for his items that he purchased a couple of weeks ago and has not read the PM. A new member that looks to be fly by night...

Sad that I really have to consider not selling to anyone unless they have a set amount of time on the boards or posts...yes it is going to happen...

please add Chrissr to the probation thread. No contact on a $15 transaction. Reads the PM's.

Now that he's been added, I'll throw my two cents here too... Chrissr flaked on $280 worth of stuff in my thread after cheating to try and buy stuff as well. He should certainly be added.

:applause:

Oh well. I've said my piece. Take care.

Awww, did him's feelings get hurt?

What's wrong, didn't think your transgressions would be exposed?

Or did you just forget the extent of your deadbeat-edness? lol

So, rather than try to make right, you run off once again, with your tail between your legs, and your reputation left in the gutter.

I wonder what sales thread, and what books he saw that he wanted to buy, but realized he was pretty much out of luck in buying, drew him back to posting? hm

I thought requiring personal was prohibited on the for sale forum? Didn't I read that somewhere....

the rule says you cant list it as the payment method (since CGC would get in trouble for hosting a site that is encouraging the circumventing of paypal getting their $$$$)

general behavior by sellers is not to ask for it, sometimes a buyer may offer to pay via personal if its to a trusted seller who is willing/able to receive personal gifts of $$. Some sellers dont want personal because to many personal giftings and paypal starts to eyeball you, and also personal gifts might muck up their process of invoicing, shipping, tracking, record keeping...

I agree with Miracle, I like many have paid this way, but with smaller purchases or with trusted sellers.

After speaking to fellow boardies, I will post my original post I had posted in comics general here:

Hello my fellow boardies, I try not to get into heated conversations with others, but I recently posted an in Solarcadet thread for an X-Men 1 CGC 3.5 Mexican Edition for $750 shipped.

I'm writing this to protect my name and to warn fellow boardies.

Afterwards I was asked to wait to wait because other people wanted to buy his "set" of other foreign X-men's, told that he wouldn't sell it to me till tonight because he didn't want to blow anybody off, and then after telling him twice the book should be mine, he said he'd honor the

I said ok. He then told me to pay through paypal personal, and that it would be $765 shipped. I said I couldn't pay through personal, and that he specified that on the first page shipping was included.

So guys, again, I'm not one to post this stuff, until this garb-

HIM:

no problem. i dont want to sell to you \(thumbs u

you split too many hairs and your out a cool book

Me:

For future reference, you should follow the rules you put in the your posts. If you say shipping is included, then it's included in the price. If you say paypal, the buyer is not forced to pay personal paypal unless they want to. If you say first I'll take it wins, either through pm or in the thread, and are going back and forth with someone via pm, but somebody posts the I'll take it, the person that posted the I'll take wins the book.

If you want other rules, I would specify in the post beforehand.

-Dan

Me:

Split too many hairs. I am a gentleman, so I won't retaliate.

Follow through on the rules you post man!

HIM:

i am not a gentleman.

spread the word

I just wanna point out that I would think he could nominate Solarcadet without going through with the purchase. Per rule 1 © The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else. Solarcadet has already refused to go through with the sale therefore it cannot be completed (he won't accept the paypal, he is trying to resell the book). Therefore the 30 day rule is suspended and he could nominate him immediately. Now in terms of how Solarcadet could get off the list, that is a different story.

*Addendum* I should read the rules better doh! Under rule 2 (e) If completing the transaction is no longer possible, the accuser may outline a proposed path to resolution.

So yea he can nominate him, purpose a path to fix it, and wait 72 hours and he is on the PL. Never needs to complete the purchase of the book.

Edited by jaybuck43

I just wanna point out that I would think he could nominate Solarcadet without going through with the purchase. Per rule 1 © The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else. Solarcadet has already refused to go through with the sale therefore it cannot be completed (he won't accept the paypal, he is trying to resell the book). Therefore the 30 day rule is suspended and he could nominate him immediately. Now in terms of how Solarcadet could get off the list, that is a different story.

I like the way you think.

This "how do they get off the list" should be irrelevant and up to them to find a way to make amends, apology's all round or whatever.

Just because there isn't an obvious way off, shouldn't, to me, halt the process.

The onus should be on the offender :makepoint: