• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I can't believe what I just read about Solarcadet and his post. Prob list for him. What a tool.

:facepalm:

so where is the probation? bring it

im not selling so what am i probated from?

All we're missing is for him to dare us all to keep him from posting. doh!

He should go straight to the H.O.S.

Isn't probation supposed to be a temporary situation to help provide the offending boardie time to correct a wrong? I thought about this a couple of days ago after my issues and while looking at the list. Some of these folks have been on there for several years. I think we need to look hard at a different course for those that outright say they are not going to make good or have been on the list for a prolonged period of time. I'm not sure if it's a third list that says they are not permitted transactions in the marketplace or if they are moved to the HOS list. However, I'm not sure that the PL is always the answer and where some of these folks should reside indefinitely. 2c

i am open to right any wrong. i only offended the buyer in the shipping price. i didnt take or steal any money. i have never said i would NOT try to make things right.

some have decided to lynch me over a private selling matter....

can one person come forward that i have done wrong in a completed sell or trade?

There are no "private selling matters". The transactions that take place with board members are supported by the community. Fail to take care of your business the way you should and the board will label/address you as they have.

You wronged SpideyFein by not following through with the deal as you should have per your own post. It should have been $750 pp shipped. By trying to go the route of $750 pp personal + $15 shipping, you attempted to raise the price on him by $15 and take away any security that he had by paying pp personal. To wrong someone on this forum isn't just about screwing them over on money by stealing, but also by not following through on a deal like you should per commitments.

Which by the way, you are clearly someone that should never be sent money via pp personal, given your posts.

+1

I wonder how long it will take a certain somebody to get to this thread and tell us all that he should be forgiven. hm

Folks we now have a question before us. Solarcadet has one strike against himself (backing out of a transaction with Spideyfein) who is eminently qualified to nominate him to the PL. However Solarcadet has also shown himself to be a lier (lying to mschmidt about his father to garner sympathy and delay the mailing of books) and abusive to the community (challenging the question of why he hasn't been added to the PL as well as relisting his books on our very boards to try to screw over spideyfein. Lastly he is openly asking for paypal personal in defiance of the sale rules of the CGC forum (as well as the tax laws of the US government) So, what say you members of the CGC community?

i didnt know there was rule against the personal paypal. i will gladly make right on that wrong.

Jaybuck43 has not offered me any opportunity to make good on my error.

I think you'll find that your name will pretty much be mud around here from now on. (thumbs u

Even if you slither off getting put on the lists, too many people here have seen how you conduct yourself.

Good luck with any future scams, err, sales. meh

no no they are scams...not sales...

wanna buy something? :applause:

Your fate is sealed. HOS if you are lucky, ban if we are lucky (thumbs u

-GI

Folks we now have a question before us. Solarcadet has one strike against himself (backing out of a transaction with Spideyfein) who is eminently qualified to nominate him to the PL. However Solarcadet has also shown himself to be a lier (lying to mschmidt about his father to garner sympathy and delay the mailing of books) and abusive to the community (challenging the question of why he hasn't been added to the PL as well as relisting his books on our very boards to try to screw over spideyfein. Lastly he is openly asking for paypal personal in defiance of the sale rules of the CGC forum (as well as the tax laws of the US government) So, what say you members of the CGC community?

i didnt know there was rule against the personal paypal. i will gladly make right on that wrong.

I think you'll find that your name will pretty much be mud around here from now on. (thumbs u

Even if you slither off getting put on the lists, too many people here have seen how you conduct yourself.

-GI

(thumbs u

-GI

(thumbs u

in my mind, he wants to be put on the HOS with his responses, make it so!

And let us all not forget that solarcadet is also the same "winner" who claimed his dad was dead, then later said he was sick, then when confronted on it, said that he just wanted to make his dad feel bad. :facepalm:

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

I can't believe what I just read about Solarcadet and his post. Prob list for him. What a tool.

Agreed!

(thumbs u :roflmao:

(thumbs u :roflmao: (thumbs u :roflmao: (thumbs u :roflmao: (thumbs u :roflmao: (thumbs u :roflmao:

-slym

Solarcadet, for your sake, there is now a 2 week poll going on as to whether or not to add you to the HoS. You might want to show some remorse. Regarding paypal personal, here are Arch's rules from back in 2006.

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.

It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

Threads selling digital codes or digital versions are not allowed.

BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

-GI

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

:roflmao:

-slym

I think the original screw was do deny him the sale whilst trying to deal privately with someone else. This is already a pretty tough pill.

Then most likely after that pm person backed out, you agreed to sell. THAT was the big opportunity to make it right.

Then you added 15$ for shipping when you specifically stated that it was included already.

Then you asked for PP personal.

The buyer called you out on BOTH of these, then there was ANOTHER chance to make it right.

"Oh I see that in my post now, I had forgot about included shipping when discounting the book. Oh and I didn't know the PP personal rule, I generally just pay personal to save fees for people. If you could help me out and do that, it'd be great. If not, I understand and will honor my sale. Thanks for the sale."

I wonder how long it will take a certain somebody to get to this thread and tell us all that he should be forgiven. hm

lol

Please, I don't want to start drinking tonight.

Hey, this thread is still one of the few on these boards that he hasn't made all about himself! rantrant

He's due! :D

:tonofbricks:

Isn't probation supposed to be a temporary situation to help provide the offending boardie time to correct a wrong? I thought about this a couple of days ago after my issues and while looking at the list. Some of these folks have been on there for several years. I think we need to look hard at a different course for those that outright say they are not going to make good or have been on the list for a prolonged period of time. I'm not sure if it's a third list that says they are not permitted transactions in the marketplace or if they are moved to the HOS list. However, I'm not sure that the PL is always the answer and where some of these folks should reside indefinitely. 2c

i am open to right any wrong. i only offended the buyer in the shipping price. i didnt take or steal any money. i have never said i would NOT try to make things right.

some have decided to lynch me over a private selling matter....

can one person come forward that i have done wrong in a completed sell or trade?

There are no "private selling matters". The transactions that take place with board members are supported by the community. Fail to take care of your business the way you should and the board will label/address you as they have.

You wronged SpideyFein by not following through with the deal as you should have per your own post. It should have been $750 pp shipped. By trying to go the route of $750 pp personal + $15 shipping, you attempted to raise the price on him by $15 and take away any security that he had by paying pp personal. To wrong someone on this forum isn't just about screwing them over on money by stealing, but also by not following through on a deal like you should per commitments.

Which by the way, you are clearly someone that should never be sent money via pp personal, given your posts.

Hey, just to clarify. I had withdrawn my I'll take it twice. The first was due to him wanting me to wait to buy the book because he might sell the "set " of other X-men 's to people he was pming back and forth with. That put a bad taste in my mouth, and after clearly stating that I won the book via his rules, he decides to say he didn't want to blow anybody over (referring to the other people, not taking into account he was blowing me over). I replied with how about me. I said I'm not waiting and getting my hopes up. At that point, I was still calm, and brushed it off.

After some time and me posting in the thread, He said he'd honor my I'll take it. The shipping and paypal gift stuff came. I still let it go. Then the ignorant comment about me splitting to many hairs came, I still let it go, but when I said I'm not going to retaliate, and he comes back with a stupid comment to tell others of his ignorance, he almost forced me to say something.

All I wanted was for Solarcadet to follow the rules of the boards, and the rules of his post. He refused. If he was new, I guess I would understand more. He's apparently been around for a bit though.

And let us all not forget that solarcadet is also the same "winner" who claimed his dad was dead, then later said he was sick, then when confronted on it, said that he just wanted to make his dad feel bad. :facepalm:

Someone just asked me about that via PM. I kid you not! But it wasn't to make his dad feel bad. It was to make other board members feel bad.

I just don't get that.

Someone just asked me about that via PM. I kid you not! But it wasn't to make his dad feel bad. It was to make other board members feel bad.

I just don't get that.

It's called being a piece of mess.

(thumbs u

-slym

6 people said "no" so far on the poll.

Question for the 5 of you that aren't solarcadet - we have all explained why we think he should be on the list, why do you think he shouldn't be?

-slym (18 "yes" votes!) (thumbs u